ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
This semester has been gruesome. We combined 3 courses into one and have overwhelmed students AND the faculty teaching the course. To top it off, we decided to implement a new computer program that simulates a hospital's documentation system. I was stupid enough to "volunteer" to take it on and set up assignments in the system. The computer system requires 3 separate log ins! The security settings of their computers have to be set just right, and then they have to remember what they're doing. There is a 30-page user guide that is pretty user-friendly, but students today would rather someone just tell them the information they need instead of looking it up. I'm that someone. I've had over 100 Emails from students in the past week, where I've answered questions that are all in the user guide. I've had many students do the wrong assignment, which has resulted in between 5 to 12 submissions in my inbox from each student. I'm not only losing my enthusiasm, but my filter is wearing thin. Would it be wrong for me to say, "Are you freakin' kidding me?" To top it off, the other instructors in the course haven't even logged into the program, but are complaining about it. I'm so glad I'm going out of town for Thanksgiving. I'm blocking calls!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Dear Chris, you've been greatly missed! So glad you checked in, I was
starting to worry. Glad you've got down time coming :) Don't get me
started on the generation you're teaching, my own included! Aaron is
doing better, rages very rare now and much more respectful. He's even
giving me money here & there (paying all his bills too) and told me he in-
tends to repay what I've fronted him...we'll see. We've agreed he needs
his own place and I've given him till Jan 1st as holidays snuck up on us!

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Deep breaths and think about your time away coming up. I took off next week and that thought alone has gotten me through the last two weeks lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh Chris, that sounds horrid!!! I hope that you get thru the next couple of weeks w/your sanity intact, and enjoy your upcoming vaca for T-day!!! Let's all pray this month goes by quickly… LOL ;)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Ugh that sounds like a real pain in the booty! And not only that, but having to tell those who submitted it they did it wrong- no fun at all! What is it you are teaching?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Whoa! I know what you mean about receiving emails that can take your whole day to respond ... and the answers were right in front of them!

But Thanksgiving is around the corner, and you'll be happily stuffing your face soon enough ... hang on! :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UGH!! I so feel your pain! I manager a support team and the eemployees all just want the answer or want us to do it for them, not provide instruction, so infuriating.

Deep breath and create some draft eamils that you can just copy as the answer to the same question you get 100x a day ;)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Hmmm...maybe you can do a spa day this weekend? Thanksgiving is still two weeks away and sounds like you need to treat yourself with something nice ASAP! Hope things will get better, Chris!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.