Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 14

Thread: My parents were adopted

  1. #1
    Drool Catcher s5nelson's Avatar
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Posts
    237
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default My parents were adopted

    I seem to be having a lot of cat things popping up lately, but my father is a total cat lover & has been wanting to get a cat for a very long time. They recently moved into a home in NC and this little guy showed up on their doorstep. He tried to sneak into the house, so my father gave in and hasn't left since! Funny how animals just know a good home

    -20131111_150938-20131111-185542-jpg
    -20131111_182427-20131111-185620-jpg
    -20131113_131340-jpg

  2. #2
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Texas Carol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    7,203
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)
    2743

    Default Re: My parents were adopted

    Me too! Cami got bit & scratched by my son's GF's new kitten just this
    wkend. Fortunately, it missed her eyes and didn't get her nose rope too
    deeply so Cami is fine but she shook a good 5 minutes or more. I felt so
    bad, like I hadn't protected her as I should but the idiot came into my
    room & said, "Look, Cami" then stuck the 3 month old kitten into Cami's
    face! Wasn't the kitten's fault, I'm sure she thought she was going to be
    eaten by those giant jaws. Cami was unprepared, she & my cat love on
    each other. I'm so proud of Cami, she never made a move to even threaten
    that baby, not even a growl. She got extra love & treats...still is <3


    My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

  3. #3
    ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    agingermom's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    4,257
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    558

    Default Re: My parents were adopted

    I love cats too but my husband hates them


    I'm a good girl, I promise

  4. #4
    Drool Catcher s5nelson's Avatar
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Posts
    237
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: My parents were adopted

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    Me too! Cami got bit & scratched by my son's GF's new kitten just this
    wkend. Fortunately, it missed her eyes and didn't get her nose rope too
    deeply so Cami is fine but she shook a good 5 minutes or more. I felt so
    bad, like I hadn't protected her as I should but the idiot came into my
    room & said, "Look, Cami" then stuck the 3 month old kitten into Cami's
    face! Wasn't the kitten's fault, I'm sure she thought she was going to be
    eaten by those giant jaws. Cami was unprepared, she & my cat love on
    each other. I'm so proud of Cami, she never made a move to even threaten
    that baby, not even a growl. She got extra love & treats...still is <3
    Awwwww!!!! Poor Cami and the kitten!! I'm sure that they'll be best buds though soon

    Took Fergus batting Winston a couple of times before they became best buds, but now they have to greet each other every morning haha!

  5. #5
    Pet Sitter jlcox24's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    365
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ollie
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: My parents were adopted

    I'm so not a cat person!!! my husband likes them and my son wants one, however growing up we had a cat that was mean as the devil. He would attack for no known reason, he wasn't declawed and would dig his claws in and repeaditidly bite. For some reason I was one of the main victims, and I took care of the cat!! The cat did this to a girl my mom babysit for luckily she was getting ready to leave and had a big winter coat on, but he nearly missed her face, my mom took the cat to the vet and explained what had been going on, the vet said sometimes white cats are deaf and maybe he is and its causing him to act out but the vet said the best situation was to put the cat down. I guess b/c of all this I kinda have a fear of cats!!! Plus i don't do littlerboxes!!!

  6. #6
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Texas Carol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    7,203
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)
    2743

    Default Re: My parents were adopted

    Quote Originally Posted by s5nelson View Post
    Awwwww!!!! Poor Cami and the kitten!! I'm sure that they'll be best buds though soon

    Took Fergus batting Winston a couple of times before they became best buds, but now they have to greet each other every morning haha!

    I doubt it, that kitten's already biting (the girl's dumb not to stop her) and pretty
    aggressive, Tried to warn her she needs to teach her NOW not later! GF doesn't
    live her was visiting him, my cat, Coco who's 15, doesn't like other cats so NO CATS
    in her house


    My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

  7. #7
    Drool Catcher s5nelson's Avatar
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Posts
    237
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: My parents were adopted

    Quote Originally Posted by jlcox24 View Post
    I'm so not a cat person!!! my husband likes them and my son wants one, however growing up we had a cat that was mean as the devil. He would attack for no known reason, he wasn't declawed and would dig his claws in and repeaditidly bite. For some reason I was one of the main victims, and I took care of the cat!! The cat did this to a girl my mom babysit for luckily she was getting ready to leave and had a big winter coat on, but he nearly missed her face, my mom took the cat to the vet and explained what had been going on, the vet said sometimes white cats are deaf and maybe he is and its causing him to act out but the vet said the best situation was to put the cat down. I guess b/c of all this I kinda have a fear of cats!!! Plus i don't do littlerboxes!!!
    Holy crap!! I've never had a cat that's bitten me! They've all been, well, basically smaller versions of Winston...just demand attention / food / love (not necessarily in that order) and make great miniature heaters

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post

    I doubt it, that kitten's already biting (the girl's dumb not to stop her) and pretty
    aggressive, Tried to warn her she needs to teach her NOW not later! GF doesn't
    live her was visiting him, my cat, Coco who's 15, doesn't like other cats so NO CATS
    in her house
    Haha! Go Coco!

    The GF sounds kinda clueless...poor girl will find out that a squirt bottle can be your best friend with a cat haha!

  8. #8
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Texas Carol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    7,203
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)
    2743

    Default Re: My parents were adopted

    Haha! Go Coco! The GF sounds kinda clueless...poor girl will find out that
    a squirt bottle can be your best friend with a cat haha!

    Yes, Coco rules this house and rightfully so, that's her w/Brutus, RIP
    my 1st bully, on my profile page. She came up as a stray 15 years ago,
    she's as sweet as she is beautiful and while she doesn't like other cats,
    Coco would never attack them but won't make up w/them, I've tried
    when she was younger.

    Yes, his GF is beautiful but young & dumb. Aaron who's turning 26 in 2
    weeks is at the age of liking them like this, guess so HE can be the boss.
    To me, would be incredibly boring, I'll take intelligence over looks any day.
    Of course, I'm not a young male but I'd like to think, I'd still choose brains.

    Joke~Big breasted woman looks down and sighs, "Wish these were brains!"


    My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

  9. #9
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11538

    Default Re: My parents were adopted

    that is too sweet! He sure has made himself at home too
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  10. #10
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,735
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5596

    Default Re: My parents were adopted

    I LOVE cats too!!! I've had several in my lifetime, and a few strays along the way!!!

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  11. #11
    Drool Catcher s5nelson's Avatar
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Posts
    237
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: My parents were adopted

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    Yes, Coco rules this house and rightfully so, that's her w/Brutus, RIP
    my 1st bully, on my profile page. She came up as a stray 15 years ago,
    she's as sweet as she is beautiful and while she doesn't like other cats,
    Coco would never attack them but won't make up w/them, I've tried
    when she was younger.

    Yes, his GF is beautiful but young & dumb. Aaron who's turning 26 in 2
    weeks is at the age of liking them like this, guess so HE can be the boss.
    To me, would be incredibly boring, I'll take intelligence over looks any day.
    Of course, I'm not a young male but I'd like to think, I'd still choose brains.

    Joke~Big breasted woman looks down and sighs, "Wish these were brains!"
    You know, some cats just like to be the only ones. Can't say that I blame them either! I'd probably be selfish like that too

    Hahahahahahahha! I love the joke! Your son will figure it out one day…maybe…we hope

  12. #12
    Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ChrisRN's Avatar
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Muskegon, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    4,779
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    1454
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: My parents were adopted

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    Me too! Cami got bit & scratched by my son's GF's new kitten just this
    wkend. Fortunately, it missed her eyes and didn't get her nose rope too
    deeply so Cami is fine but she shook a good 5 minutes or more. I felt so
    bad, like I hadn't protected her as I should but the idiot came into my
    room & said, "Look, Cami" then stuck the 3 month old kitten into Cami's
    face! Wasn't the kitten's fault, I'm sure she thought she was going to be
    eaten by those giant jaws. Cami was unprepared, she & my cat love on
    each other. I'm so proud of Cami, she never made a move to even threaten
    that baby, not even a growl. She got extra love & treats...still is <3
    What a good girl! I bet she couldn't understand why the little one hurt her!




    "Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."




Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •