Christmas Tree.....

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
So in talking about Christmas yesterday with the husband, i've been thinking we always do a real tree, this will be the first Christmas we've had Ollie, he is not fixed, he doesn't mark in the house but marks everything in sight outside, I'm wondering if bc of a real tree smell if he will mark the tree? Any thoughts or experience with this?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have NO idea on this one, but this will be Winton's first Christmas too!!! We have a HUGE fake tree because of my allergies, and I can't wait to see how Winston reacts to that monstrosity… LMAO!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
:hmm: good question! I think more of your problems will be eating ornaments, tinsel, and crawling under it almost knocking it over.... That's been my experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
I have no advice for you on a real tree. This will be Mayhem's first Christmas as well and we have a huge artificial tree. I don't know if he is going to be terrified of it or if he will try and eat it.....we will see!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
This is the first Christmas for Brutus as well. We are going to be pro active in gating off the Christmas tree since the little darling eats everything else in sight.

OP
jlcox24

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
knocking on wood, Ollie will prob bark at it for days, but it is going to be where my son's train table is which Ollie crawls under there as his "safe" spot. He is not a huge eater of things! Occasionally I find him with my sons boot or flip flop but he's never (again knock on wood) chewed up really anything besides a napkin! So yea he may crawl under it, but the peeing thing is what has me nervous....I was just thinking b/c it smells like a tree he may.....I guess we will wait and see...I am not a fake tree person, growing up in MI tree farms all over, tradition was to go cut down our tree every yr! It saddens me that hear we have to go to precut tree stands to get a tree, i'd love to walk thur the farms with my son to find the perfect tree!!

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Oh my gosh i haven't even thought of the barking!!

No ideas on the marking, sorry!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Chum pees on everything outside but hasn't done it on the Christmas tree the last 2 years..I did pull a long tinsel out of his butt last year though...

s5nelson

Aug 28, 2013
Gaithersburg, MD
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Winston LOVES Christmas trees. All of the decorations, the presents underneath...he has to smell EVERYTHING and of course lay under it and snore. I'll have to find a picture of him under the tree last year.

I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you on the marking of the tree. The only thing that came to mind was a rendition of "Oh Christmas Tree" (I think it's time for me to go home and get some sleep haha!):

Oh pee-pee tree
Oh pee-pee tree
Thy leaves are so stink-ey

:giggle:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I haven't had a problem with the real tree with any of my bullies but, as other have said, expect to see some of the low hanging ornaments come out in poop or get chewed up. One Christmas, Linus actually pooped out the Grinch Who Stole Christmas' head...that'll show him to steal Christmas! This was also a bully who ate my boxed wedding band from Tiffany's too...it went through my baby's digestive tract before I even got to wear it! :D

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Well now,:lmao: I have experience with the real tree and Amber from last year and can not wait to see what this year brings with both Amber and Ruby. After a week there were no decorations on the tree or in the window; Amber didn't seem to like them on the tree and the lights bothered her so she destroyed them. She ate through the drapes and riped all the lights out of the windows, I think in my history there are pictures of the drapes/curtains with holes in them. So, this year we will get a smaller tree to put on a table of some type so she doesn't have access to so many things. Also, she loved the fact that there was fresh water under the tree and she determined that water was the "best in the house." She low crawled under the tree to drink the water; I couldn't wait for Christmas to be over just to get rid of the tree. I am sure the two of them together and the way they play tug-of-war, the tree will or would be a source of absolute amazement for them so I will have better precautions this year. Definitely going with a small tree on top of a table and no decorations in the windows, everything will be up and out of reach. Good luck! My bullies are like goats so even things on the table are free game.!! Oh the holidays, there is nothing like Christmas with a real tree and ambitious bulldogs. WOOHOO!.....the memories are priceless......you will have laughs for the entire year!!!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
We get a real tree every year, Lola is two, she only drinks the water out of the dish, and that was when she was small enough to do so. Our cat on the other hand, drinks the water every year. Lola doesn't mark anything but our bed on rare occasions so i don't know about that.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have always had a real tree... never an issue with the pups

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
This will be Mabel's first Christmas with us too. I'm kind of glad she's a quiet little girl. She'll probably ignore the tree and everything else.

Most Reactions