s5nelson

s5nelson

Aug 28, 2013
Gaithersburg, MD
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
@Manydogs...Like Lynn, I've opened my heart, purse, home, etc, all my life to all
needed the help and like her, I found out that no one offered to help me when I
was in need. That wasn't WHY we did it but it was a rude lesson in human nature.
I'm not accusing this girl of anything but irresponsibility & ignorance. I get that her
cat hadn't attacked before now but she knew her cat didn't like other cats. That
warranted extra caution such as letting your BF know this and caging her cat and
confining to her room, so simple. Even now, she's creating further trauma by not
rehoming her cat. Yeah, I get she loves her cat but in light of the tragedy it's caused,
she needs to do the right thing by all, her cat too, I'm sure it's suffering as it obviously
does not feel safe. What a mess her ignorance has made.

You're absolutely right. I agree with you 100%. It is a mess that was caused by ignorance and I'm just hoping that his cat heals & she learns something from all of this.

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
I'm sure this is a hard situation both ways around, however I do feel that If it was Me staying at someones house and my cat attacked theirs, not once but twice , right you said he had to take him back again, I would def have to find away to remove the cat or I would have to find away to go as well. I do think a rescue would take that cat, just as with dogs, they will say dog aggressive and will not let the dog go to a home with other dogs, they do with cats as well. Sorry for all involved in the situation and will be praying that his cat makes it thru this and comes out ok...

OP
s5nelson

s5nelson

Aug 28, 2013
Gaithersburg, MD
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I'm sure this is a hard situation both ways around, however I do feel that If it was Me staying at someones house and my cat attacked theirs, not once but twice , right you said he had to take him back again, I would def have to find away to remove the cat or I would have to find away to go as well. I do think a rescue would take that cat, just as with dogs, they will say dog aggressive and will not let the dog go to a home with other dogs, they do with cats as well. Sorry for all involved in the situation and will be praying that his cat makes it thru this and comes out ok...

No, no I'm sorry if I was unclear, she was only attacked once, but she's had to go back to the vet several times for checkups and such. She's been in such massive amounts of pain that he's been having to stagger her pain meds to every 6 hours otherwise she winds up thrashing around / shaking. She's on Tramadol and one other (can't remember the name of it right now) every 12 hours, so he'll give her one pill every 6 just to make sure that she can at least rest.

My really big concern is that there's some other issue since she's in this much pain that the vet hasn't found yet & that's why she's just not getting better.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
So, your position is what? Continue allowing the possibility of further harm to his
cats? What do you think she should do about his vet bills? It tells me a lot about her
in that, she's not OFFERED to help pay anything. There are other ways to make
restitution if broke, such as cleaning his house, doing yard work, etc. It most certainly
is not HIS fault nor his responsibility to find solutions, it's HERS.

The worst thing here, other than his beloved cat near death, is IT COULD HAVE BEEN
PREVENTED. The girl, knowing her cat was like this, should have TOLD him also caged
her cat AND confined it, caged, in her room, simple as that. The poor guy didn't even
know, to me, that's plain wrong! I doubt, under the same circumstances, you'd feel the
same if your pets or children were attacked and you weren't informed of the possibility,
and you've got $$$'s owed on an unexpected vet bill. The girl is still not taking any
responsibility for what has already occurred nor doing what is needed to do to prevent
an occurrance...it's just wrong.

I have given several options on this thread... go read them.

And it's not really a good thing to be vehement about a judgement knowing next to nothing about the situation. The OP is not the owner of the cat nor does she live in the house... we don't know the entire story, what he's done or what she's done to remedy the situation. If we're going to give advice on a smidgen of info, we need to explore all posibilities.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.