Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 19

Thread: This is absolutely Heartbreaking and Disgusting

  1. #1
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Vikinggirl's Avatar
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Burlington, ON Canada
    Posts
    9,636
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)
    2118

    Default This is absolutely Heartbreaking and Disgusting

    I read this on Facebook and found it very heartbreaking and absolutely disgusting. I knew that shelters weren't a place you want to leave a pet, but I didn't realize how bad, and horrible they were. How can people allow this to happen to innocent animals, and how can someone just drop off their pet, and walk away. So Sad.

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8337928&type=1
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

  2. #2
    Drool Catcher s5nelson's Avatar
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Posts
    237
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: This is absolutely Heartbreaking and Disgusting

    I knew that this went on, but to see the pictures makes for a completely different story.

    It's heartbreaking that people abandon their pets and think that animals are disposable. It just makes me sick to my stomach what people can do.

  3. #3
    I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Pati Robins's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Location
    Cardiff UK
    Posts
    2,898
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    81
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: This is absolutely Heartbreaking and Disgusting

    This is the reason i decided to adopt -we couldn't adopt a bulldog as we where on a waiting list for few years and they wouldn't adopt to a family with a young child -besides there are not many bulldogs in uk waiting for homes
    Different story with my shelter -they knew us and my bombproof child ;-)
    Our council run shelter should have 7 day policy-after day 7th council don't pay for meds or food so the dog should be pts but our workers bend over backwards to keep them alive as long as possible - but sadly they are not miracle makers ;-(
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

    Shy & Lilly


  4. #4
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Texas Carol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    7,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)
    2727

    Default Re: This is absolutely Heartbreaking and Disgusting

    I know I shouldn't look, it's been so sad here, my friends are lost and
    heartbroken from losing their babies, my house has been flooding, it's
    rained 3 days, dark & dreary, woke up depressed...but did and now, of
    course, bawling and sick at heart. It's not just animals, I cry because all
    of us, human & animals are expendable today, seemingly, LIFE is not
    precious.

    Monica, as you know, only those of us that have a heart view these things,
    spread the word, spay, neuter and adopt and educate about general breeding.
    It's the ones that don't do any of these things and/or engage in abuse that are
    NEVER going to view it...or care...or stop.

    It hurts to know this fact


    My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

  5. #5
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Vikinggirl's Avatar
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Burlington, ON Canada
    Posts
    9,636
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)
    2118

    Default Re: This is absolutely Heartbreaking and Disgusting

    You're absolutely right Carol. It's very sad how some people treat others, and can turn a blind eye to people's suffering and pain. Some people are all about the greed, money, and what they can get, and will walk past the homeless person on the street, and not give them a second thought, and too many people will buy that cute puppy, and then just dispose of them and walk away, when they are no longer that cute puppy, get sick, or they just plain get tired of looking after it. WTF, pets are not disposable, they aren't a novelty. They should be treated and deserve to be treated as a member of your family, with unconditional love, and care. I wish everyone treated their pets and each other like we do here on EBN.

    - - - Updated - - -

    You're absolutely right Carol. It's very sad how some people treat others, and can turn a blind eye to people's suffering and pain. Some people are all about the greed, money, and what they can get, and will walk past the homeless person on the street, and not give them a second thought, and too many people will buy that cute puppy, and then just dispose of them and walk away, when they are no longer that cute puppy, get sick, or they just plain get tired of looking after it. WTF, pets are not disposable, they aren't a novelty. They should be treated and deserve to be treated as a member of your family, with unconditional love, and care. I wish everyone treated their pets and each other like we do here on EBN.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

  6. #6
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,722
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5562

    Default Re: This is absolutely Heartbreaking and Disgusting

    This is so heartbreaking… we have a cat shelter here that every morning finds cats just dropped off on their doorsteps. It's bad for dogs, but HORRID for cats!!!
    People just make me absolutely SICK sometimes...

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  7. #7
    I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Pati Robins's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Location
    Cardiff UK
    Posts
    2,898
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    81
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: This is absolutely Heartbreaking and Disgusting

    You know something guys -when we adopted a companion for Shy that was waiting 10 months for a home -with a bleeding heart we had to return him back -after speaking to the staff -we had constant fights and dog was aggressive to my husband (hubby was terrified of him) -u managed to try to sort the dog for 6 months but i couldn't any longer - it still hurts me that he's there -he wont get adopted with other dog ,apparently soon moving to a rescue from what the staff told me last time -but my heart still hurts as i couldn't help him (he was in the same dog pound that shy came from)
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

    Shy & Lilly


  8. #8
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    brutus77's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    6,959
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)
    2789

    Default Re: This is absolutely Heartbreaking and Disgusting

    I'm sorry, I could not bring myself to read it. I am overwhelmed with sadness here lately and can not take anymore. When good people like the people here on EBN suffer loss, they wonder how they are going to go on without their beloved animals. I say animals because a lot of members have suffered the loss of other pets besides their precious bulldogs. These babies are considered family members. It baffles my mind how there is such cruelty and ignorance amongst the population when it comes to innocent animals. We do not put up with child abuse, why is there such a blase' attitude toward animals that are just a defenseless. I know there will be the inevitable argument that children are children but I am trying to make the point that just like we make a decision to have children, we also make a decision to have an animal in our homes as pets. We should be held to a standard of care for these poor babies. It really breaks my heart to not be able to do anything about this. I guess all I can do is continue to love my babies and take care of them and rescue when I can. Brutus is the first dog I have ever bought. My two labs and my kitty are rescues. I guess if we all do something similar it will make a difference. I'm sorry that could not watch.

  9. #9
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Texas Carol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    7,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)
    2727

    Default Re: This is absolutely Heartbreaking and Disgusting

    Quote Originally Posted by Pati Robins View Post
    You know something guys -when we adopted a companion for Shy that was waiting 10 months for a home -with a bleeding heart we had to return him back -after speaking to the staff -we had constant fights and dog was aggressive to my husband (hubby was terrified of him) -u managed to try to sort the dog for 6 months but i couldn't any longer - it still hurts me that he's there -he wont get adopted with other dog ,apparently soon moving to a rescue from what the staff told me last time -but my heart still hurts as i couldn't help him (he was in the same dog pound that shy came from)
    Thank you for being so honest & brave, Pati...Bless you!

    Years ago I adopted 3 cats, already had one who is 15 this year
    and hates all cats, as they were on the deadline. I found homes
    for two but couldn't for Mocha so kept her. It soon became obvious
    she had a skin disease that was chronic & undiagnosed. Several vets
    and $1500 later, I returned her to the shelter I got her from, thinking
    their vets could dx her and fix it but if not, it was best to put her to
    sleep. Mocha would rip her hair out and have 50 cent-sized places of
    raw bleeding skin, trip to the vet, anti itch meds, antibiotics, skin healing
    ointments, finally get her healed up & hair grown in, about 2-3 months
    it would start all over again. Did this for a year & a half, it hurt less to
    put her to sleep than watching her do this to herself & suffer.I loved her
    from the moment she gazed into my eyes (we were looking for a friend's
    dog at the shelter) and couldn't leave her there. And I loved her enough
    to let her go. RIP dear Mocha, I will see you again. GOD bless you, Pati!


    My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

  10. #10
    Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,384
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)
    200

    Default Re: This is absolutely Heartbreaking and Disgusting

    I saw this last week and almost lost my mind. I know we have to be realistic that animals have to be euthanized but it hurt to see that picture. I really wish that people would see that and spay and neuter their pets. Don't know why they would prefer to be silly and not do it and end up being an indirect cause of this kind of suffering and misery.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

  11. #11
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Texas Carol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    7,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)
    2727

    Default Re: This is absolutely Heartbreaking and Disgusting

    Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    I'm sorry, I could not bring myself to read it. I am overwhelmed with sadness here lately and can not take anymore. When good people like the people here on EBN suffer loss, they wonder how they are going to go on without their beloved animals. I say animals because a lot of members have suffered the loss of other pets besides their precious bulldogs. These babies are considered family members. It baffles my mind how there is such cruelty and ignorance amongst the population when it comes to innocent animals. We do not put up with child abuse, why is there such a blase' attitude toward animals that are just a defenseless. I know there will be the inevitable argument that children are children but I am trying to make the point that just like we make a decision to have children, we also make a decision to have an animal in our homes as pets. We should be held to a standard of care for these poor babies. It really breaks my heart to not be able to do anything about this. I guess all I can do is continue to love my babies and take care of them and rescue when I can. Brutus is the first dog I have ever bought. My two labs and my kitty are rescues. I guess if we all do something similar it will make a difference. I'm sorry that could not watch.

    Bless you, Rosalie! I can't watch the commercials about abused pets languishing
    in shelters either, just can't anymore. It's called surviving, I can't afford to paralyze
    myself with depression as I have helpless others dependent on me, that responsibility
    comes 1st. We here, do our best for these issues but can't banish the unscrupulous
    breeders, puppy mills or stop idiots from dropping these animals off like garbage
    once they tire of them. It IS a scourge with no answers.

    I love you, dear Rosalie, you are a wonderful woman I am proud to know~GOD bless!


    My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

  12. #12
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    brutus77's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    6,959
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)
    2789

    Default Re: This is absolutely Heartbreaking and Disgusting

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    Thank you for being so honest & brave, Pati...Bless you!

    Years ago I adopted 3 cats, already had one who is 15 this year
    and hates all cats, as they were on the deadline. I found homes
    for two but couldn't for Mocha so kept her. It soon became obvious
    she had a skin disease that was chronic & undiagnosed. Several vets
    and $1500 later, I returned her to the shelter I got her from, thinking
    their vets could dx her and fix it but if not, it was best to put her to
    sleep. Mocha would rip her hair out and have 50 cent-sized places of
    raw bleeding skin, trip to the vet, anti itch meds, antibiotics, skin healing
    ointments, finally get her healed up & hair grown in, about 2-3 months
    it would start all over again. Did this for a year & a half, it hurt less to
    put her to sleep than watching her do this to herself & suffer.I loved her
    from the moment she gazed into my eyes (we were looking for a friend's
    dog at the shelter) and couldn't leave her there. And I loved her enough
    to let her go. RIP dear Mocha, I will see you again. GOD bless you, Pati!
    I think we also have to be aware of this side of it to. We are not super heros that can fix every situation either. My friend adopted a pit mix from a shelter. The dog was great during the "honeymoon" period and then started to show aggression. My friend brought the dog to a petco type of obedience class and was told they could not help her. She then hired a private instructor and had him come to her house who Immediately red-lined the dog. This means the dog will attack and most likely kill. My friend has two grandchildren that live with her who are under the age of 5. Unfortunately she had to give the dog back. Sometimes even though we have the best of intentions, it does not work out. You can not blame yourself. You have to think of your family also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •