Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
That photo reminded me of the documentary "One Nation Under Dog". I knew the way shelters put dogs and cats to sleep was less than pleasant but I didn't know they did it in mass (as in putting many many dogs in one chamber at a time) until I watched that. My heart breaks to think of those poor confused animals in their last moments.

I watched it too and like you, did not know that either.

Nor that the shelters usually kill after 72 hours :(

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
so sad, and after our dane died, we were trying to figure out what to do, it was winter and to dig a hole that big in frozen ground was a no-go, calling around our options were to cremate her and keep her ashes, 250dollars, or pay the vets a "disposal" fee...Umm, her ashes our on our desk, even my husband who is hardened to things like this was like our dog will not be disposed of....When we went to the crematory, he was talking to us about some things, he said one company will tell people they are getting their dogs ashes back, but they actually put all the shelter pets and whatever other pets in one big group and you get whatever back, my husband stood out in the area where the oven was and watched the whole time...he wanted to make sure that was our baby we were getting back!

B

Baxter Tiberius

The part that really bothered me was the "hosing down the feces" with a high power hose as the pet just cowers in the corner, loud upsetting noises everywhere, freaking out animals all around them, total lack of sleep and rest and zero comfort ....

Its not that they were just dropped off, and its not that they die ... its that they're also basically tortured first.

That's the part I think people could make make a fuss about with the courts or something.

Tossing them into a cement square where they sit in their own crap and then have all these traumatic events happening around them is just making their last hours horrible.

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
I read this on Facebook and found it very heartbreaking and absolutely disgusting. I knew that shelters weren't a place you want to leave a pet, but I didn't realize how bad, and horrible they were. How can people allow this to happen to innocent animals, and how can someone just drop off their pet, and walk away. So Sad.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....153831121372498.40293.100002368337928&type=1

I saw that yesterday and I could not believe what I was seeing. It was so incredibly sad. Thanks for sharing...only by educating others will this problem stop. I don't know how anyone could just drop off their pet of X amount of years and think they have a great shot of getting adopted. :(

- - - Updated - - -

I read this on Facebook and found it very heartbreaking and absolutely disgusting. I knew that shelters weren't a place you want to leave a pet, but I didn't realize how bad, and horrible they were. How can people allow this to happen to innocent animals, and how can someone just drop off their pet, and walk away. So Sad.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....153831121372498.40293.100002368337928&type=1

I saw that yesterday and I could not believe what I was seeing. It was so incredibly sad. Thanks for sharing...only by educating others will this problem stop. I don't know how anyone could just drop off their pet of X amount of years and think they have a great shot of getting adopted. :(

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.