Bulldozer and Blossom

s5nelson

Aug 28, 2013
Gaithersburg, MD
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I knew that this went on, but to see the pictures makes for a completely different story.

It's heartbreaking that people abandon their pets and think that animals are disposable. It just makes me sick to my stomach what people can do.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
This is the reason i decided to adopt -we couldn't adopt a bulldog as we where on a waiting list for few years and they wouldn't adopt to a family with a young child -besides there are not many bulldogs in uk waiting for homes
Different story with my shelter -they knew us and my bombproof child ;-)
Our council run shelter should have 7 day policy-after day 7th council don't pay for meds or food so the dog should be pts but our workers bend over backwards to keep them alive as long as possible - but sadly they are not miracle makers ;-(

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I know I shouldn't look, it's been so sad here, my friends are lost and
heartbroken from losing their babies, my house has been flooding, it's
rained 3 days, dark & dreary, woke up depressed...but did and now, of
course, bawling and sick at heart. It's not just animals, I cry because all
of us, human & animals are expendable today, seemingly, LIFE is not
precious.

Monica, as you know, only those of us that have a heart view these things,
spread the word, spay, neuter and adopt and educate about general breeding.
It's the ones that don't do any of these things and/or engage in abuse that are
NEVER going to view it...or care...or stop.

It hurts to know this fact :(

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:heartsign:You're absolutely right Carol. It's very sad how some people treat others, and can turn a blind eye to people's suffering and pain. Some people are all about the greed, money, and what they can get, and will walk past the homeless person on the street, and not give them a second thought, and too many people will buy that cute puppy, and then just dispose of them and walk away, when they are no longer that cute puppy, get sick, or they just plain get tired of looking after it. WTF, pets are not disposable, they aren't a novelty. They should be treated and deserve to be treated as a member of your family, with unconditional love, and care. I wish everyone treated their pets and each other like we do here on EBN.

- - - Updated - - -

:heartsign:You're absolutely right Carol. It's very sad how some people treat others, and can turn a blind eye to people's suffering and pain. Some people are all about the greed, money, and what they can get, and will walk past the homeless person on the street, and not give them a second thought, and too many people will buy that cute puppy, and then just dispose of them and walk away, when they are no longer that cute puppy, get sick, or they just plain get tired of looking after it. WTF, pets are not disposable, they aren't a novelty. They should be treated and deserve to be treated as a member of your family, with unconditional love, and care. I wish everyone treated their pets and each other like we do here on EBN.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
This is so heartbreaking… we have a cat shelter here that every morning finds cats just dropped off on their doorsteps. It's bad for dogs, but HORRID for cats!!! :(
People just make me absolutely SICK sometimes...

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
You know something guys -when we adopted a companion for Shy that was waiting 10 months for a home -with a bleeding heart we had to return him back -after speaking to the staff -we had constant fights and dog was aggressive to my husband (hubby was terrified of him) -u managed to try to sort the dog for 6 months but i couldn't any longer - it still hurts me that he's there -he wont get adopted with other dog ,apparently soon moving to a rescue from what the staff told me last time -but my heart still hurts as i couldn't help him (he was in the same dog pound that shy came from)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm sorry, I could not bring myself to read it. I am overwhelmed with sadness here lately and can not take anymore. When good people like the people here on EBN suffer loss, they wonder how they are going to go on without their beloved animals. I say animals because a lot of members have suffered the loss of other pets besides their precious bulldogs. These babies are considered family members. It baffles my mind how there is such cruelty and ignorance amongst the population when it comes to innocent animals. We do not put up with child abuse, why is there such a blase' attitude toward animals that are just a defenseless. I know there will be the inevitable argument that children are children but I am trying to make the point that just like we make a decision to have children, we also make a decision to have an animal in our homes as pets. We should be held to a standard of care for these poor babies. It really breaks my heart to not be able to do anything about this. I guess all I can do is continue to love my babies and take care of them and rescue when I can. Brutus is the first dog I have ever bought. My two labs and my kitty are rescues. I guess if we all do something similar it will make a difference. I'm sorry that could not watch.

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You know something guys -when we adopted a companion for Shy that was waiting 10 months for a home -with a bleeding heart we had to return him back -after speaking to the staff -we had constant fights and dog was aggressive to my husband (hubby was terrified of him) -u managed to try to sort the dog for 6 months but i couldn't any longer - it still hurts me that he's there -he wont get adopted with other dog ,apparently soon moving to a rescue from what the staff told me last time -but my heart still hurts as i couldn't help him (he was in the same dog pound that shy came from)

Thank you for being so honest & brave, Pati...Bless you!

Years ago I adopted 3 cats, already had one who is 15 this year
and hates all cats, as they were on the deadline. I found homes
for two but couldn't for Mocha so kept her. It soon became obvious
she had a skin disease that was chronic & undiagnosed. Several vets
and $1500 later, I returned her to the shelter I got her from, thinking
their vets could dx her and fix it but if not, it was best to put her to
sleep. Mocha would rip her hair out and have 50 cent-sized places of
raw bleeding skin, trip to the vet, anti itch meds, antibiotics, skin healing
ointments, finally get her healed up & hair grown in, about 2-3 months
it would start all over again. Did this for a year & a half, it hurt less to
put her to sleep than watching her do this to herself & suffer.I loved her
from the moment she gazed into my eyes (we were looking for a friend's
dog at the shelter) and couldn't leave her there. And I loved her enough
to let her go. RIP dear Mocha, I will see you again. GOD bless you, Pati!

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I saw this last week and almost lost my mind. I know we have to be realistic that animals have to be euthanized but it hurt to see that picture. I really wish that people would see that and spay and neuter their pets. Don't know why they would prefer to be silly and not do it and end up being an indirect cause of this kind of suffering and misery.

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm sorry, I could not bring myself to read it. I am overwhelmed with sadness here lately and can not take anymore. When good people like the people here on EBN suffer loss, they wonder how they are going to go on without their beloved animals. I say animals because a lot of members have suffered the loss of other pets besides their precious bulldogs. These babies are considered family members. It baffles my mind how there is such cruelty and ignorance amongst the population when it comes to innocent animals. We do not put up with child abuse, why is there such a blase' attitude toward animals that are just a defenseless. I know there will be the inevitable argument that children are children but I am trying to make the point that just like we make a decision to have children, we also make a decision to have an animal in our homes as pets. We should be held to a standard of care for these poor babies. It really breaks my heart to not be able to do anything about this. I guess all I can do is continue to love my babies and take care of them and rescue when I can. Brutus is the first dog I have ever bought. My two labs and my kitty are rescues. I guess if we all do something similar it will make a difference. I'm sorry that could not watch.

Bless you, Rosalie! I can't watch the commercials about abused pets languishing
in shelters either, just can't anymore. It's called surviving, I can't afford to paralyze
myself with depression as I have helpless others dependent on me, that responsibility
comes 1st. We here, do our best for these issues but can't banish the unscrupulous
breeders, puppy mills or stop idiots from dropping these animals off like garbage
once they tire of them. It IS a scourge with no answers.

I love you, dear Rosalie, you are a wonderful woman I am proud to know~GOD bless!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Thank you for being so honest & brave, Pati...Bless you!

Years ago I adopted 3 cats, already had one who is 15 this year
and hates all cats, as they were on the deadline. I found homes
for two but couldn't for Mocha so kept her. It soon became obvious
she had a skin disease that was chronic & undiagnosed. Several vets
and $1500 later, I returned her to the shelter I got her from, thinking
their vets could dx her and fix it but if not, it was best to put her to
sleep. Mocha would rip her hair out and have 50 cent-sized places of
raw bleeding skin, trip to the vet, anti itch meds, antibiotics, skin healing
ointments, finally get her healed up & hair grown in, about 2-3 months
it would start all over again. Did this for a year & a half, it hurt less to
put her to sleep than watching her do this to herself & suffer.I loved her
from the moment she gazed into my eyes (we were looking for a friend's
dog at the shelter) and couldn't leave her there. And I loved her enough
to let her go. RIP dear Mocha, I will see you again. GOD bless you, Pati!

I think we also have to be aware of this side of it to. We are not super heros that can fix every situation either. My friend adopted a pit mix from a shelter. The dog was great during the "honeymoon" period and then started to show aggression. My friend brought the dog to a petco type of obedience class and was told they could not help her. She then hired a private instructor and had him come to her house who Immediately red-lined the dog. This means the dog will attack and most likely kill. My friend has two grandchildren that live with her who are under the age of 5. Unfortunately she had to give the dog back. Sometimes even though we have the best of intentions, it does not work out. You can not blame yourself. You have to think of your family also.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I know I shouldn't look, it's been so sad here, my friends are lost and
heartbroken from losing their babies, my house has been flooding, it's
rained 3 days, dark & dreary, woke up depressed...but did and now, of
course, bawling and sick at heart. It's not just animals, I cry because all
of us, human & animals are expendable today, seemingly, LIFE is not
precious.

Monica, as you know, only those of us that have a heart view these things,
spread the word, spay, neuter and adopt and educate about general breeding.
It's the ones that don't do any of these things and/or engage in abuse that are
NEVER going to view it...or care...or stop.

It hurts to know this fact :(

Totally agree... Carol, and I too could not look or read that FB post. Heck, I can not even watch the commercials when they are asking for donations. I have several rescue and shlters that I donate to on a regular basis, both direct and via the Unioted Way.. I know they help is needed, but I can't look or watch -- it just breaks my heart and all I want to do is go save the all.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Ugh, it's a harsh reality...but a much needed one for those that think of pets as disposable.

I volunteered at an animal shelter for a couple weeks when I was a teenager - I couldn't take it. I would come home and cry every day.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
That photo reminded me of the documentary "One Nation Under Dog". I knew the way shelters put dogs and cats to sleep was less than pleasant but I didn't know they did it in mass (as in putting many many dogs in one chamber at a time) until I watched that. My heart breaks to think of those poor confused animals in their last moments.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.