Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: This is absolutely Heartbreaking and Disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    I know I shouldn't look, it's been so sad here, my friends are lost and
    heartbroken from losing their babies, my house has been flooding, it's
    rained 3 days, dark & dreary, woke up depressed...but did and now, of
    course, bawling and sick at heart. It's not just animals, I cry because all
    of us, human & animals are expendable today, seemingly, LIFE is not
    precious.

Monica, as you know, only those of us that have a heart view these things,
    spread the word, spay, neuter and adopt and educate about general breeding.
    It's the ones that don't do any of these things and/or engage in abuse that are
    NEVER going to view it...or care...or stop.

It hurts to know this fact
    Totally agree... Carol, and I too could not look or read that FB post. Heck, I can not even watch the commercials when they are asking for donations. I have several rescue and shlters that I donate to on a regular basis, both direct and via the Unioted Way.. I know they help is needed, but I can't look or watch -- it just breaks my heart and all I want to do is go save the all.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Ugh, it's a harsh reality...but a much needed one for those that think of pets as disposable.

I volunteered at an animal shelter for a couple weeks when I was a teenager - I couldn't take it. I would come home and cry every day.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

That photo reminded me of the documentary "One Nation Under Dog". I knew the way shelters put dogs and cats to sleep was less than pleasant but I didn't know they did it in mass (as in putting many many dogs in one chamber at a time) until I watched that. My heart breaks to think of those poor confused animals in their last moments.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAndi View Post
    That photo reminded me of the documentary "One Nation Under Dog". I knew the way shelters put dogs and cats to sleep was less than pleasant but I didn't know they did it in mass (as in putting many many dogs in one chamber at a time) until I watched that. My heart breaks to think of those poor confused animals in their last moments.

I watched it too and like you, did not know that either.

Nor that the shelters usually kill after 72 hours

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ollie
    Likes (Received)

so sad, and after our dane died, we were trying to figure out what to do, it was winter and to dig a hole that big in frozen ground was a no-go, calling around our options were to cremate her and keep her ashes, 250dollars, or pay the vets a "disposal" fee...Umm, her ashes our on our desk, even my husband who is hardened to things like this was like our dog will not be disposed of....When we went to the crematory, he was talking to us about some things, he said one company will tell people they are getting their dogs ashes back, but they actually put all the shelter pets and whatever other pets in one big group and you get whatever back, my husband stood out in the area where the oven was and watched the whole time...he wanted to make sure that was our baby we were getting back!

Baxter Tiberius

The part that really bothered me was the "hosing down the feces" with a high power hose as the pet just cowers in the corner, loud upsetting noises everywhere, freaking out animals all around them, total lack of sleep and rest and zero comfort ....

Its not that they were just dropped off, and its not that they die ... its that they're also basically tortured first.

That's the part I think people could make make a fuss about with the courts or something.

Tossing them into a cement square where they sit in their own crap and then have all these traumatic events happening around them is just making their last hours horrible.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Alix
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    I read this on Facebook and found it very heartbreaking and absolutely disgusting. I knew that shelters weren't a place you want to leave a pet, but I didn't realize how bad, and horrible they were. How can people allow this to happen to innocent animals, and how can someone just drop off their pet, and walk away. So Sad.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8337928&type=1
    I saw that yesterday and I could not believe what I was seeing. It was so incredibly sad. Thanks for sharing...only by educating others will this problem stop. I don't know how anyone could just drop off their pet of X amount of years and think they have a great shot of getting adopted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    I read this on Facebook and found it very heartbreaking and absolutely disgusting. I knew that shelters weren't a place you want to leave a pet, but I didn't realize how bad, and horrible they were. How can people allow this to happen to innocent animals, and how can someone just drop off their pet, and walk away. So Sad.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8337928&type=1
    I saw that yesterday and I could not believe what I was seeing. It was so incredibly sad. Thanks for sharing...only by educating others will this problem stop. I don't know how anyone could just drop off their pet of X amount of years and think they have a great shot of getting adopted.

RIP Samson el Torito and Petunia Belle
    May 20, 2000 - June 06, 2008 and November 16, 2004 - April 10, 2015

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads