The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I am stuck without my truck for awhile and it sucks even though it has only been a few hours. Not that I need to go anywhere but you never know what might come up and not being able to leave sucks. My son's truck is down and it has to wait until the weekend for me to fix it as it is too dark when i get off of work so he has my wife's car and my wife has my truck. It couldn't have come at a worse time as I was planning on taking my wife's in for its final service and inspection in the next couple of days before I turn it in next week and get her a new one..... Ugg....

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
That stinks! That is an awful feeling weather you need to go anywhere or not. That was nice of you to let your son borrow your wife's car.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
That stinks! That is an awful feeling weather you need to go anywhere or not. That was nice of you to let your son borrow your wife's car.
Didn't really have much of a choice. He had to get to work and it was either let him use my wife's or I wold have to take him and pick him up and that wan't going to happen as he works across town and has no set time when he is done for the day. lol

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Ugh is right, these things never happen at the right time, and it definetely sucks when it's something you totally rely on like your vehicle. We don't realize how much we depend on them until we don't have them anymore. We parents are like that too, we never really stop worrying about our kids, or being their parents, and you Dads are the softest hearts. Lol.
Our daughter dropped her phone in water, and tried to dry it out by putting it in a bowl of rice, it didn't work, so she took it in, and they took her phone for repair. She was without a phone, and she has a son, so my hubby didn't want her to be without a phone. He gave her his phone to use, so that left him without a phone, he picks up our grandson from school, so he often has him in the car, I didn't want him to be driving around with him and have no phone, so I gave him my phone.
Hmmm, now I'm without a phone until she gets hers back.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
When I read the thread title I thought it was something much worse like the car going in the shop/body shop for a while. Look on the bright side, the wife can't ask you to run any errands for a few days :)

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
When I read the thread title I thought it was something much worse like the car going in the shop/body shop for a while. Look on the bright side, the wife can't ask you to run any errands for a few days :)
Funny you should say that. My Son's truck was supposed to go in the body shop yesterday to get fixed from when it was hit a month ago. lol

Being that it is the 6th time in 2 years it has been hit the cursed thing is gone once it is fixed this time. It has been rear ended 3 times while at a stop light, hit in a parking lot twice where the people took off and the neighbors backed in to it once.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Funny you should say that. My Son's truck was supposed to go in the body shop yesterday to get fixed from when it was hit a month ago. lol

Being that it is the 6th time in 2 years it has been hit the cursed thing is gone once it is fixed this time. It has been rear ended 3 times while at a stop light, hit in a parking lot twice where the people took off and the neighbors backed in to it once.

O boy do I know the feeling. In my garage queen, I have been rear ended twice at red lights. Once by a Ford Ranger and again by an 18 wheeler! The 18 wheeler was stopped and the driver wasn't paying attention and his truck slowly rolled into my car, crushing the rear bumper :( Luckily his boss paid me cash so we didn't have to go through the insurance. So on a car that sees MAYBE 1500 miles/yr that happens and my everyday car that sees 20k miles a year has never been rear ended lol

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I am so with you!! My Blazer's 4 wheel drive went out and we had our first snow yesterday. My husband and friend are attempting to fix it today but without 4x4 I freak out in the snow. It is the Seattle side of the state person in me, lol

Last edited:
OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Being that I work form home I don't drive much as we take my wifes car for running around. I think in the last 4 years i have only put 3500 miles on my truck as I only use it to pull my boat and haul my daughters riding gear to horse shows. It's and 06 F250 and only has 48K on it. lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Gotta love the timing of all that.... even the best laid plan gets a monkey wrench tossed at it.

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
That bites! I am work from home as well and there are several days a week that my car never leaves the garage, but I don't like the feeling of not having it there if I want/need to go somewhere.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
So sorry Todd, that's a bummer…
You know all of my car drama, I'm so done w/this year… soooo ready for it to be OVER!!! LOL

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack

Wow you are ready to be married!!! ;)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.