What is traffic like on the highways/roads/freeways where you live?

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I live/commute in the Los Angeles area of California, rated the worst area for traffic in the United States (also on top 5 San Francisco, CA Houston, TX Atlanta, GA). I live 25 miles from work, mapquest.com says my drive should only take 21 minutes yet I have to leave an hour and 15 minutes before I start work to get there on time!! Stop and go traffic all the way there and same thing all the way home!! Oh and I drive a stick shift so that makes it even worse!!! For all my life I lived within a couple miles of where I worked until May 2009 when we bought our home and I got this awful commute. It's brought an element of stress and frustration to my life that I NEVER anticipated, it's terrible. I know we have members on here from all over the USA and the world so I was curious to know what kind of traffic you deal with everyday.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
That drive is awful and I dont envy you at all. It is bad enough to have to work a long day but then to have to deal with traffic is the worst. :( I stay at home as you know so thankfully I do not deal with this headache!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Milwaukee is small enough that what little rush hour there is, it's over fairly quickly. I retired within the last year but never did have much of a commute, thankfully. Tessa, how about making use of your travel time? You could get Audio Books and have someone read you a book during your commute.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I live in Florida, a retirement town 10 min. from the Beach, our traffic is always a little congested, but this month WOW, all the "Snow-Birds" are arriving, my 6 min. drive to work is now 16, (I know I should not be complaining), My husbands 40 min. drive is now over an hour. But along with that drive is DEFENSIVE driving because every one here is older and I see wrecks every single day!! When the light turns green, us that live here all year know to sit still for about 30 seconds more. But on the other hand me being a bartender see's my money increasing about $75.00 more a day right now until May :up:

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
Well for me I work and stay at home lol.. But We live at the top of the Cajon pass and every Friday the North bound 15 fwy to Vegas is horrible. and then Sunday the southbound lol.. We have a mall about 20 miles from us and it a pain in the rear to get to it and now around the holidays its more so impossible..

My hubby drives all over for work. He could have to go to the La area or OC or San Diego, so his drive is sometimes 3 to 5 hours one way.. I hate to even think about it...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It is the same here as it is for [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] because the summer traffic is not as bad but in the winter we also have 10x more people once the snowbirds arrive. And there will be many more after Christmas.

Luckily Tucson added an extra lane on the freeway which helped if you are going all the way through Tucson by a ton.

[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] We worked in LA for many months- and yes the traffic there is scary and unpredictable! Everyone also drives like they are late!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It is the same here as it is for [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] because the summer traffic is not as bad but in the winter we also have 10x more people once the snowbirds arrive. And there will be many more after Christmas.

Luckily Tucson added an extra lane on the freeway which helped if you are going all the way through Tucson by a ton.

[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] We worked in LA for many months- and yes the traffic there is scary and unpredictable! Everyone also drives like they are late!!!

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
With the weather now, it takes forever to get anywehre. Last night there was 5 accidents between mile marker 25 and mile marker 35. The snow and ice is very dangerous.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
I drive all day for work, I am a community nurse and go home to home and lately we have had so much construction in Windsor its crazy! :crazy:

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Wow..yeah could not imagine that. I drive about 25 in the am and that includes taking my 5 year old to school and then 15 on the way home (unless there is dance - which is only about 10 minutes from home and work). So what do you do while driving (or sitting)? Do you listen to music or books on tape or call/talk to family?

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I'm sooo glad I have no commute anymore. Half of Minn. moves to the Phoenix area this time every year. We live 1/2 an hr. from the nearest free-way, and the surface roads are backed up during "rush Hour" times, just getting in and out of SanTan Valley and Queen Creek. They really need a freeway that comes past here, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Phoenix rush hour traffic totally sucks but I'm pretty lucky - I work from home a lot and I try get the classes I teach scheduled at times where I miss the big morning and evening commutes. I absolutely HATE driving. If I never had to drive again, I'd be fine with it. It stresses me out.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I live in a little town positioned at the base of Mt. Rainer. I live 17 miles from my job. That takes me 30 to 45 minutes each way. To get in and out of Orting...it's one lane each way. It get frustrating. When we had snow last week? It took me 2.5 hours to get home.
But..It is all worth it. Our backyard view is spectacular!
But..you can only see it when it's not raining.
Or cloudy.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] .. Very pretty ...... til it erupts! :p

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.