Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Pati,
I have, ever since I got married, many years ago, always had lots of animals, so I had to improvise about ways to save money, to be able to afford to take care of everything. My husband, had always worked, but never really had very high paying jobs. If you find ways to do things yourself, with little money, it is actually so rewarding! I have always built my own barns(it was "we" when he was living....) paneled my walls(with paneling a friend no longer wanted-REAL wood!), painted, etc. I have Beige canvas drop cloths for drapes,and I love them! folded over at the top,like valances) and used those rings with clips for drapes to put on the rods. There are endless things that can be done. I have a doggie gate made from wooden pallets, and I have been doing this stuff due to our "budget" for years and years before there was pinterest OR computers!! Really not trying to brag but saying it really is fun-even if it doesn't start out for that reason!Here is a picture of my "can't run out the front door gate"! 582013 013.JPGmade out of pallet. Happy improvising!:goodjob:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Pati, The bullies look great-so far. If they are hollow, be very careful with drilling-use a thin bit first.....or they will possibly crumble. If you have a thrift store, or a Goodwill, used items store near, maybe you could find a cheap lamp and use the parts?

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Now this is cool!
Im planning to do a dog gate that can go over a stair lift-I'm still trying to figure this one out
I always been on a strict budget so diy and ebay or uk version of craiglist is my thing :-)
I remember when we moved here 7 years ago i made a mood board of how our home should look like -with £200 per room (that exludes tv as this was a wedding gift) -my family and hubby said -you never do it -but i did it -took me 7 years tho lol

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Ikea lamp is only £4 to buy but my friend said she will swap the lamps -so so far it cost me nothing ;-)) im picking up the base tomorrow -and i might not drill if 2 bullies fit on the base

I love seing all the creative things that members done -there should be printest /or creative forum here xx

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Now this is cool!
Im planning to do a dog gate that can go over a stair lift-I'm still trying to figure this one out
I always been on a strict budget so diy and ebay or uk version of craiglist is my thing :-)
I remember when we moved here 7 years ago i made a mood board of how our home should look like -with £200 per room (that exludes tv as this was a wedding gift) -my family and hubby said -you never do it -but i did it -took me 7 years tho lol
Pati-tell me about the stair lift-I am not quite sure what it is-is it like a little elevator? Can you send a picture-maybe we could figure something out........

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
There it is -mind the wall im still learning how to plaster small things before i cover this "thing from the past"
As you can see gate should shut and open easily -+there is this metal track running up the stairs ....so when hubby needs to "go upstairs" he can do it ,also problem is i cant build around it as i got hallway doors right next to it
esa7u4a3.jpg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Are you wanting to make a gate to keep the dogs from going UP stairs? If you want me to think with you-I need to see a pic of the area where you would want the gate.......

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
That is the area - lol wall to stair rail - yes i want to stop Shy traveling upstairs as then Lilly will follow and my two nutters wrestle on the edge of the stairs

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Would your husband be able to open a gate, to get to his seat? There are gates called "accordian" gates(sP?) you could put magnets on the gate side and magnets on the base of the chair.

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Would your husband be able to open a gate, to get to his seat? There are gates called "accordian" gates(sP?) you could put magnets on the gate side and magnets on the base of the chair.

Yes as long as it isnt too hard for him to open
But if i attach gate to the lift i would be afraid Shy will try to stick her head thrugh the gap between seat and wall

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Tadah! Bulldog lamp ;-) other bulldog got injured -lost a foot as a drill bit snapped and currently im trying to repair it

reravuqe.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Tadah! Bulldog lamp ;-) other bulldog got injured -lost a foot as a drill bit snapped and currently im trying to repair it

reravuqe.jpg

I LOVE IT!!!!!
So, when do you start your new ESTY store, I would like two please? :D

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lol not soon -it was a pain in the backside to drill through this!
Hubby is chuffed to bits and said as soon as other one is repaired why wont you make another lamp-yes!! As if!!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Love it!! You did a fab. job.

I'm with [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] - waiting on your etsy store!!

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lol ,thank you im so chuffed xx thank you also for the drill bit advice -that was handy :-))

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.