The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
I tell my boys (8&6 yrs.) you may not always like me but you will be taken care of and raised with morals and ethics. Times have changed and parenting is a whole new ball of wax. Even my mom says she is not sure she could parent in today's world. Some of the stories my 8 year old tells me about his friends at school blow my mind.

s5nelson

Aug 28, 2013
Gaithersburg, MD
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I tell my boys (8&6 yrs.) you may not always like me but you will be taken care of and raised with morals and ethics. Times have changed and parenting is a whole new ball of wax. Even my mom says she is not sure she could parent in today's world. Some of the stories my 8 year old tells me about his friends at school blow my mind.

Oh boy do I believe you on that one! Morals and ethics have been thrown out the window with a lot of children. It's so sad how some of them are being raised. The stories that I hear about some of the kids that I'm working with just makes me want to go hunt down their parents...anyone have any bail money? ;)

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
As most of you know, we were having tornado watches in our area last night... all of the surrounding counties postponed Trick or Treating until tonight. This morning we heard the tragic news that a 9 year old child was electrocuted by a power line that went down last night in Nashville. The first thing my daughter said was "Why would the parents allow them to go out last night?". Of course we don't know all the details of what exactly happened, BUT I know in my area lots of parents were complaining on FB about changing Trick or Treating!!! REALLY?!! Do we lose all common sense because we don't want our kids to be disappointed about Trick or Treating? WTH is wrong w/people?!! Ok off my soapbox for now... LOL I just don't understand why people are afraid to actually parent their kids these days?!! :confused:

I wish I knew the answer to why some parents don't parent. I would rather my child be SAFE than anything else...Trick or treating can wait ONE DAY or skipped altogether...not going to destroy their childhood. I am sure the parents of the 9 year old are feeling pretty bad right now.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
so very sad... a loss of life for some candy??

As for parenting, I do not have any children, but in my opinion, it is not that the parents of today are afriad to parent... they are lazy or self-absored and not paying attention.

I like most of you was outside all day, home by 5:00 for dnner when dad got home or you a$$ was sore the next day and you were hungry becasue if you were not there when dinner was servered, you did not eat.
You are right Christine, so MANY parents do NOT care what their kids are doing... let society raise them!!! Very, very sad...

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I wish I knew the answer to why some parents don't parent. I would rather my child be SAFE than anything else...Trick or treating can wait ONE DAY or skipped altogether...not going to destroy their childhood. I am sure the parents of the 9 year old are feeling pretty bad right now.

I agree... I'm sure those parents are feeling awful about what happened, gosh accidents DO happen all the time w/kids!!! This one was so preventable...:(

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
You are right Christine, so MANY parents do NOT care what their kids are doing... let society raise them!!! Very, very sad...
I don't think my kids were afraid of me or my husband, but I believe they respected us. They still got in trouble--alcohol, curfew violations--but they grew up with common sense.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Same thing here last year with Hurricane Sandy. I heard many people ask who the Governor thinks he is canceling Halloween? It's because a lot of parents are too dense to make that call for the safety of their own children.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.