Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:excited:Hi everyone, just an update on our having to move out of our rental house. As I posted before, and some of you already know, we got notice in September from our landlord that he wanted the house back, as his daughter and her family is moving into the house at the end of December. We have been frantically trying to find another house or townhouse to rent that would also accept 2 Bulldogs, 1 cat, and 1 bird. I didn't even mention the cat or the bird, just the dogs, but nobody wants to rent to people with pets. I've been freaking out as it will never be an option for us to live somewhere where we can't have Dozer and Blossom, you might as well just rip my heart out. I started to lose hope that we would ever find a new place, plus the rents are so crazy high, everything in the $1900 to $2000 and up range. We figured we should just give up on renting, and just buy our babies a house of our own. We applied at our bank, and we just found out today that we were accepted for a mortgage. It has been a very stressful couple of months, worrying about whether we could find a home in the time frame. Now we can go and buy a home, but I only have 2 months left to find one, pack, and move. Hopefully we can get a 1 to 2 month closing date, but I'm definetely more optimistic, and excited to know what ever home we choose, we will be able to take our babies. Yeah.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That is fantastic news Monica... best of luck with the home search! keep us posted as things progress.... so exciting.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm very excited for you, Monica! Do you have a good realtor to help you find your new home? Hopefully there is more of a supply than a demand for homes in your area this time of year so you'll be able to find the perfect house for you and the fur-kids in no time.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Good luck! I'm sure you'll be able to find something that suits you!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Great news Monica... Hopefully you will find something soon!!! Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
That is great. Some realtors in our area will help you out with a couple months free in a rental till you can close on your new house. Hopefully you can close on one sooner so it doesn't get to a sticky situation.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Congratulations, Monica, how thrilling...your OWN home...YEA!!!

I'm just over the moon for you & your family :) GOD is good, always good!

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
:excited:Hi everyone, just an update on our having to move out of our rental house. As I posted before, and some of you already know, we got notice in September from our landlord that he wanted the house back, as his daughter and her family is moving into the house at the end of December. We have been frantically trying to find another house or townhouse to rent that would also accept 2 Bulldogs, 1 cat, and 1 bird. I didn't even mention the cat or the bird, just the dogs, but nobody wants to rent to people with pets. I've been freaking out as it will never be an option for us to live somewhere where we can't have Dozer and Blossom, you might as well just rip my heart out. I started to lose hope that we would ever find a new place, plus the rents are so crazy high, everything in the $1900 to $2000 and up range. We figured we should just give up on renting, and just buy our babies a house of our own. We applied at our bank, and we just found out today that we were accepted for a mortgage. It has been a very stressful couple of months, worrying about whether we could find a home in the time frame. Now we can go and buy a home, but I only have 2 months left to find one, pack, and move. Hopefully we can get a 1 to 2 month closing date, but I'm definetely more optimistic, and excited to know what ever home we choose, we will be able to take our babies. Yeah.

Congrats! It's a very stressful process no doubt but worth it in the end. I put the offer on my house on April 8 and closed on June 14 just to give you some sort of time frame. Good luck!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Wow that is great. I'm not sure of the Canada market but here you can def close in 2 mos. Just make sure whatever realtor you use knows your time restrictions.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Good luck hon. Owing a home is a lot of stress but so worth every single penny because it's yours and no one can tell you that you can't have your babies. Going to say a prayer that you can find something quick that is in your budget and to your liking ASAP. Just make sure to line up all the paperwork and have everything covered that will go a long way in being able to close quickly.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks everyone for your prayers and positive thoughts. We are going to view a house that we have already looked at, and make an offer tomorrow. I'm taking my mom with me, cause she's an Interior Decorator, and I just wanted her opinion. I'll try to post the listing on here. My realtor says the owners are pretty motivated to sell, and we could close at the end of November. It doesn't give us a lot of time, but we would be in the new house for Christmas, and it is the favourite of all of us, so hope we are successful in our bid. Wish us Luck. It's exciting, but I'm nervous at the same time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 108
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 123
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 123
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks everyone for your prayers and positive thoughts. We are going to view a house that we have already looked at, and make an offer tomorrow. I'm taking my mom with me, cause she's an Interior Decorator, and I just wanted her opinion. I'll try to post the listing on here. My realtor says the owners are pretty motivated to sell, and we could close at the end of November. It doesn't give us a lot of time, but we would be in the new house for Christmas, and it is the favourite of all of us, so hope we are successful in our bid. Wish us Luck. It's exciting, but I'm nervous at the same time.

WOW... that is beautiful!!! best of luck....

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Thats a truly great news xxxx wishing you all speedy move xxx

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.