Proposal Suggestions/Ideas

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Just to give everyone an update:

I picked up the ring this past Saturday so it's starting to feel that much more real (not to mention the hit on the wallet lol) and it is safely stored away in the mini vault at my parent's house

I need to give a HUGE shoutout to @mer55 for her generosity in obtaining and custom embroidering Rocco's tux! I have the pics of Bogey in it but they are on my phone not my work computer but maybe she can post them up.

So I am thinking about doing this the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Of course pics and a video will follow. I'm still working out the details.

So these are my last few weeks to get crazy!! lol
awwww.... Thanks Matt! Ther is no greater pleasure than giving something to someone else!! I am going to start a new thread with the tux pics so everyone can see! They may not check back here! Keep us posted!!!

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Oh my gosh matt!!! I knew when I met you that you were an awesome person but apparently I had no clue! I feel soooo bad that I haven't read this until now!!!

If there is any help that you might need, please let me know! I'm so close and would be happy to help!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

I picked up the ring this past Saturday so it's starting to feel that much more real (not to mention the hit on the wallet lol) and it is safely stored away in the mini vault at my parent's house

I need to give a HUGE shoutout to @mer55 for her generosity in obtaining and custom embroidering Rocco's tux! I have the pics of Bogey in it but they are on my phone not my work computer but maybe she can post them up.

So I am thinking about doing this the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Of course pics and a video will follow. I'm still working out the details.

I agree Matt, [MENTION=7064]mer55[/MENTION] that was a wonderful thing that you did for Matt!!! Kudos to you and your ideas… we all LOVE IT!!!

Daphnee

Apr 7, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
daphnee
If you can, go back to where you met, had first date, or somewhere else memorable. Be careful how Rocco is used, don't need him running off for something like this... Just elope, save the money, and put it down on a house.. weddings are stupid expensive

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
If you can, go back to where you met, had first date, or somewhere else memorable. Be careful how Rocco is used, don't need him running off for something like this... Just elope, save the money, and put it down on a house.. weddings are stupid expensive

We met at tGI Friday's lol so not the most romantic place. She was a friend of a girl a friend of mine was seeing. I actually bought a house in the spring so I have that behind me. I'm not looking for an all out extravagant wedding but she has mentioned eloping before lol. I was hoping her father would throw a few bucks in ;) lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Destination/elope is the way to go!! My husband was in his B school for the marine corps in Pensacola FL we were living in Mo when he joined so i was still in MO, My dad said this is the amount I gave your sister for her wedding LAST YR he stressed we didn't give him much time in between, this is what I can give you, do as you want, We decided to get married at a bed and breakfast in Pensacola, I was able to pay for my trip there, my dress, our wedding, our stay at the bed and breakfast for a night, and then beachfront hotel in Destin FL for the remainder of our stay, and my trip back home with the money he gave us. There was no stress, and it was perfect, my dad, mom and grandpa who lives in fl made it none of his family did but that's a whole other post!! Anyway I would not go back and change a thing, except in hopes that I could have stayed with him we spent the first 6months of our marriage apart, lots of money spent to travel on those 4 day liberty days!!!! Whatever you choose i'm sure it'll be perfect!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I love this thread, and can't wait to see the video of the day you propose. It's so romantic and exciting. I agree with Daphnee, weddings are crazy expensive, but you hopefully only do it once, and it is a girls dream to have that special day. Having said that, there are many other ways to have a great wedding without spending the rest of your life paying for it. I lived with my hubby for 35 years, and we just for married last April. We went to Jamaica, and did a destination wedding, the hotel took care of everything. We had a choice of getting married in a Gazebo in a garden, on a pier, or with an arch on the beach. We chose the beach by the water, it was beautiful. The guys wore while linen pants, and white linen shirts with the legs and sleeves rolled up, the girls wore long white linen or cotton dresses, and we all had bare feet. We had a nice dinner in a private dining room for two hours after the wedding, we did pictures on the beach, they provided the flowers, and a wedding cake. It was very beautiful. If you book 5 or more rooms the wedding is free at the hotel, but if you don't, the wedding package costs $800, so you get a wedding and a honeymoon. Whatever you two choose will be beautiful, mean something to the both of you, and will be a memory of your day.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I'm a bit jealous because I was never proposed to, never got a ring...actually I never even dated my husband before we got married. However, one crazy April Fool's day in Vegas I did elope to my best friend of 15 years (at that time). Geez I just realized we would have known each other for 20 years very soon. I look back sometimes and wish he did propose because he would have done something awesome.

With all that said. Make sure it's memorable and something that she can talk about years to come.

And for those who want to see my husband dressed like elvis for our april fool's wedding, please see below :)

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog

What a romantic guy you are! It will definitely be SO MEMORABLE! Can hardly wait to see it!!!

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
We are getting sooo close......how are you doing [MENTION=9549]fastmatt613[/MENTION] ???

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
We are getting sooo close......how are you doing [MENTION=9549]fastmatt613[/MENTION] ???

I know! However, the new, official plan is to do it next Friday December 6. My girlfriend's sister and brother in law are in France and wanted me to wait until they got back. Plus, my girlfriend made plans for us to go visit her brother in Baltimore tomorrow and stay overnight so I guess it works out. So I have 8 days left!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I was going to message you today to get the scoop! I was afraid I missed it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Checking in too, Matt, we are all so happy & excited for you :)

Happy Thanksgiving & GOD bless you & yours!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww man we gotta wait another week? I was getting excited for tomorrow, lol. Can't wait to see the video.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] I was getting excited too!!

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.