Proposal Suggestions/Ideas

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
@fastmatt613...okay forget everything you've read in the last 4 pages. Listen to me because I've been married 30 years and I know of what I speak. I have the perfect plan that also incorporates Rocco.
You make reservations for a nice expensive restaurant on a Saturday night. You drop hints the whole week before so she thinks she's getting the ring at the dinner. Tell her to dress nice because it will be a memorable night. You pick her up and act like you're in a panic saying Rocco is not feeling well..you think he swallowed something and have to go back home because the vet says he may pass it. When you get home you both walk Rocco...when he relieves himself you conveniently get down on one knee to look through the poop and you say "there it is, I got it" and you hold up the beautiful ring and slip it on her finger! ( it's safer if you don't actually give it to Rocco to swallow on Saturday morning but for a more realistic effect that's also an option.) I promise you she won't forget it! Then she's so excited you both go to McDonalds and celebrate the start of your future together! A friend of mine did this for his first marriage! Good luck!
what do you think guys? A real tear jerker I know.

@ddnene @mavsfan4life @pdolphin27 @GunnyHighway @Libra926 @desertskybulldogs @cali baker @Vikinggirl @Blueberrys Mom @2BullyMama [MENTION=4573]Ftse 100[/MENTION] @Sheena @Bazza @jlcox24

Chumley man, I think you have a winner there! I could have my sister come to my house and get Rocco dressed in his little tux while we're out to eat. She'll of course be ready hiding in the hall to video tape everything. When I turn the light on, Rocco is sure to run over. She'll see his embroidered tux thanks to [MENTION=7064]mer55[/MENTION] and that's when I'll drop down on the old knee. I'm really liking this idea! A lot less to potentially go wrong lol.

The only concerning thing is not that your friend did something similar, but for his FIRST marriage lol. I'm trying to only do this once haha

Thank you!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] and here we have spent days thinking of the best way for Matt to propose... We should have just consulted you FIRST... LMAO!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
@fastmatt613...okay forget everything you've read in the last 4 pages. Listen to me because I've been married 30 years and I know of what I speak. I have the perfect plan that also incorporates Rocco.
You make reservations for a nice expensive restaurant on a Saturday night. You drop hints the whole week before so she thinks she's getting the ring at the dinner. Tell her to dress nice because it will be a memorable night. You pick her up and act like you're in a panic saying Rocco is not feeling well..you think he swallowed something and have to go back home because the vet says he may pass it. When you get home you both walk Rocco...when he relieves himself you conveniently get down on one knee to look through the poop and you say "there it is, I got it" and you hold up the beautiful ring and slip it on her finger! ( it's safer if you don't actually give it to Rocco to swallow on Saturday morning but for a more realistic effect that's also an option.) I promise you she won't forget it! Then she's so excited you both go to McDonalds and celebrate the start of your future together! A friend of mine did this for his first marriage! Good luck!

@ddnene @mavsfan4life @pdolphin27 @GunnyHighway @Libra926 @desertskybulldogs @cali baker @Vikinggirl @Blueberrys Mom @2BullyMama [MENTION=4573]Ftse 100[/MENTION] @Sheena @Bazza @jlcox24

:rofl:

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
what do you think guys? A real tear

@ddnene @mavsfan4life @pdolphin27 @GunnyHighway @Libra926 @desertskybulldogs @cali baker @Vikinggirl @Blueberrys Mom @2BullyMama @Ftse 100 @Sheena @Bazza @jlcox24

Love, love love this! Glad I only have to embroider the tux!! Decisions, decisions! Matt, also loved the pic of you two!! Will let you know when the tux arrives!!

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Love, love love this! Glad I only have to embroider the tux!! Decisions, decisions! Matt, also loved the pic of you two!! Will let you know when the tux arrives!!

Thank you Mary!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
[MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] sounds perfect!! I would not give the ring to the dog, i'm sure she would be happy about the situation but not the poopy ring!!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack

@ddnene @mavsfan4life @pdolphin27 @GunnyHighway @Libra926 @desertskybulldogs @cali baker @Vikinggirl @Blueberrys Mom @2BullyMama @Ftse 100 @Sheena @Bazza @jlcox24
OMG :faint:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
That idea is so American Wedding. Next we will see Stifler in the closet with the grandma if he goes this route.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
That idea is so American Wedding. Next we will see Stifler in the closet with the grandma if he goes this route.
Matt the Marine is just jealous he didn't come up with this fantastic idea....hey you can go his route and have your girls dad put a gun to your head!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
OH how exciting! My son just got married to a fantastic gal. He did his on a cliff rock that they love going to out in the mountains on a hiking trail. I haven't read through the thread yet but my suggestion not really know you all is to propose somewhere where you both love to be. So many settings and so many ways to do it. I'll have to put my thinking cap on but really, as long as it's coming from the heart it won't matter where it is, ok it might, lol.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Matt the Marine is just jealous he didn't come up with this fantastic idea....hey you can go his route and have your girls dad put a gun to your head!

It is funny that you mention a girls dad with a gun to my head. When I met my wifes father the for the first time he held a .357 magnum about 4 inches away from my nose.

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
It is funny that you mention a girls dad with a gun to my head. When I met my wifes father the for the first time he held a .357 magnum about 4 inches away from my nose.

Todd, I believe [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] was referring to your "love story" on the Throwback Thursdays thread :)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Todd, I believe [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] was referring to your "love story" on the Throwback Thursdays thread :)

Yeah I figured that but I have been laughing so hard at everything being posted tonight I replied in a multitasking mode like I do at work sometimes.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.