Proposal Suggestions/Ideas

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I WOULD BE HONORED TO DO THE TSHIRT FOR YOU!! I have an embroidery machine and and can put anything on a TSHIRT!! Totally custom!! My engagement gift to you!!!! Let me know!!!

That would be amazing! Thank you so much! I can't tell you how much I appreciate that! I will send you a PM on my way home from work in a little while to get the ball rolling.

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
@fastmatt613 The restaurant idea is great.

Another one is the Central Park Proposal. Since you want to do in December, I'd do it near the Ice Skating rink (Wollman rink) because it's just such a perfect place in the winter. Quintessential NYC, you know what I mean?

Have your friends meet you near the rink with Rocco, while you and your girlfriend take a carriage ride, or just a walk around Central Park making your way to the ice skating rink.
Dress Rocco up in a little tux, and have a sign standing near him read- "Daddy wants to make you my mommy, will you marry him?" As she's reading the sign and freaking out, get down on your knee and give her the ring. Make sure your friends
are taping and taking pictures of the whole thing.

That would be my ideal proposal in the winter.

I know what you mean with Central Park. My father actually proposed to my mother on a carriage ride there and by hiding the ring as a prize in a cracker jack box!

And friends of ours got engaged on the ice last winter (of course!)

But I love theidea of the tux! Nothing like a Bully in a tux!
[MENTION=7064]mer55[/MENTION] Do you think if I got a Bully Tux you can embroider that? (If I decide to go that route of course)

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Mary, I really like your ideas! The restaurant one would be most likely not to throw up any premature red flags. Any ideas where I can get a shirt made up? My sister has already expressed interest in wanting to hide somewhere and video tape it so that should be covered lol.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes!

I should start contacting some restaurants I suppose!

Still open to hear any more clever ideas!

Aww that would be so sweet!!! And you have to show us the video :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Omg I have goose pimples reading this thread, how exciting and fun!!! Love it and congratulations, what a lucky lady!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This is freakin awesome.... I just LOVE Mary'a idea... Tux/shirt and all

How far are you from Union?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
This is freakin awesome.... I just LOVE Mary'a idea... Tux/shirt and all

How far are you from Union?

I'm in Manalapan (Monmouth county) I have a good friend who lives in Newark (and also has a bully) and it's about 35 min drive to him.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Omg I have goose pimples reading this thread, how exciting and fun!!! Love it and congratulations, what a lucky lady!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thank you!

Hopefully I can get a solid plan in place soon!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm in Manalapan (Monmouth county) I have a good friend who lives in Newark (and also has a bully) and it's about 35 min drive to him.

:hmm: might work. I'll get back to you after i make a call

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
That would be amazing! Thank you so much! I can't tell you how much I appreciate that! I will send you a PM on my way home from work in a little while to get the ball rolling.

Roe lives in/around Union NJ. They own a Pizzeria! How close are you to there?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I also love the dog tag idea. This is so awesome, can't wait to read what you decided, and of course we need pictures.

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Roe lives in/around Union NJ. They own a Pizzeria! How close are you to there?

It's about 30-40 min. If I could think of a reason to go up that way it could work!

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
It's about 30-40 min. If I could think of a reason to go up that way it could work!

Another option (we were just talking about dog tags in another discussion group) have pretty set of "dog tags" for him to wear. My friend makes them with photos, sayings.....just beautiful. Here is a set she did for my friend....you can put "will you marry us?" on one set and a photo of the 2 (or 3) of you on the other.
320988_10200174446433539_130130204_n.jpg

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Oh....I know! Find a bear that you can record a message in. You know the ones! Record something romantic then remove the battery. (be sure that removing the battery doesn't reset the message). Place the ring where the battery should go, but also include the battery. Give her the bear and let her know that it has something to say. When it doesnt (because she must need to unzipped the back and wiggle the battery.....OMG! A RING!!!) Once the battery is replaced....get down on your knee as the bear recites your romantic message.

:bravo:

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
just want to say congratulations! i find it very sweet asking people ideas for how to propose, very lucky girl! gives me goose bumps. thought maybe i should share this very sweet albeit very elaborate marriage proposal video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_v7QrIW0zY makes me smile every time i watch it (yes i watched it more than once lol alot of times). wish you all the luck! :D

Most Reactions