Proposal Suggestions/Ideas

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Alright guys, it appears the time has come to do the thing I never imagined myself doing (especialy at 27 years old)....proposing to my girlfriend!

Caroline and I have been together just about 3 years and they have been great. We very seldom get into arguments, we give each other the space we need, and I love being with her. She has been such a great help with the house I recently purchased and of course being a wonderful mommy to Rocco. I should be getting the ring this coming weekend, my jeweler is keeping me updated on the progress there. I was thinking of doing it sometime in November to kind of catch her off guard. She has a Bachelor's in Biology and is finishing up her BSN (Nursing) at Rutgers so will be graduating in December. Her birthday falls in December as well. So I think she would be expecting something at that point in time so that is why I'm shooting for Nov. Of course, I have the last obstacle of asking her father, but I'm fairly confident I will get his approval lol.

So the dilemma is this: I want to propose of course in a cute and memorable way, but I want to incorporate Rocco into it somehow. Does anybody have any ideas on how this can be accomplished in a not-so cliche way? Has anybody done something similar to this? If I can't figure it out, I'm going to have to think of something else altogether lol. I'm really open to all ideas but Rocco being invlolved somehow would just be awesome. I feel like I've helped friends brainstorm for clever proposal ideas and now that it's my turn, I can't think of anything! haha

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Oh you are just the most ROMANTIC guy!!! Here's my 2 cents.
can you bring her somewhere , like say a restaurant, the least likely place where Rocco would be. Have a co-conspirator bring Rocco to the restaurant and let him head to your table with some sort of shirt or scarf that says " will you marry US"? I am sure you can get a restaurant to bend the rules. Or you could go on a picnic with the same sort of scenario. You could also show up at one of her classes( talk to professor first) and let Rocco stroll in. Once she recognizes him, you can pop in and go down on one knee. I LOVE that you are including him in the plot!! You're a keeper!!! Have fun with this and KEEP US POSTED!!!!!

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
No ideas, just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!! make sure to take video so we can all see it!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:love:Hi, and congratulations. I love Mary's idea of a t-shirt on Rocco, that would be so cute, and you could put the ring on his leash. Good luck, and keep us posted, on how you proposed. So exciting.

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
No idea's here, but Mary has some good ones, I do want to say congrats, and I agree make sure to take a video and pics, we can't wait to see the results!! I do agree do it when not expected I think that's better than when people do it /christmas/birthday.......you get the idea!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
How exciting for you Matt!! The world needs more men like you, btw!

I can't think of any ideas right now...just wanted to say CONGRATS to you and Rocco, but i do love the tee shirt idea above :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Matt... I think it's wonderful that you want to include Rocco!!! I like Mary's idea w/the t-shirt, or hide the ring or a note on him that she would have to read. Or you could put a message in a Kong... LOL Anyway no matter what you decide it will be memorable for both of you!!! Congratulations... and as always we want video or pics!!! LOL :w00t:

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Oh you are just the most ROMANTIC guy!!! Here's my 2 cents.
can you bring her somewhere , like say a restaurant, the least likely place where Rocco would be. Have a co-conspirator bring Rocco to the restaurant and let him head to your table with some sort of shirt or scarf that says " will you marry US"? I am sure you can get a restaurant to bend the rules. Or you could go on a picnic with the same sort of scenario. You could also show up at one of her classes( talk to professor first) and let Rocco stroll in. Once she recognizes him, you can pop in and go down on one knee. I LOVE that you are including him in the plot!! You're a keeper!!! Have fun with this and KEEP US POSTED!!!!!

Mary, I really like your ideas! The restaurant one would be most likely not to throw up any premature red flags. Any ideas where I can get a shirt made up? My sister has already expressed interest in wanting to hide somewhere and video tape it so that should be covered lol.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes!

I should start contacting some restaurants I suppose!

Still open to hear any more clever ideas!

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
Congrats !! I must say I Mary's idea. Its great that you want to include Rocco. Let us know how you do it and post pics.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Maybe do a search for some dog friendly restaurants and do the proposal out on the patio area (if there is one). Or do you know someone who owns a restaurant? that would be ideal! Another idea that is not mine, but i read it online, is to have your "will you marry me" engraved on a dog tag, and have it on Rocco's collar. Tell Caroline that you got Rocco a new dog tag and have take a look at it and read it...awwwww!!!:blush::heart:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Maybe do a search for some dog friendly restaurants and do the proposal out on the patio area (if there is one). Or do you know someone who owns a restaurant? that would be ideal! Another idea that is not mine, but i read it online, is to have your "will you marry me" engraved on a dog tag, and have it on Rocco's collar. Tell Caroline that you got Rocco a new dog tag and have take a look at it and read it...awwwww!!!:blush::heart:

Oh my gosh... I LOVE this idea Henny!!! Then she could keep the dog tag as a wedding memento!!! :heart:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I love the restaurant idea with the tee shirt. How cute would Rocco look wearing your proposal?? Anyway congrats and keep us posted!! It is nice to see happy news here after reading all the sad posts today.

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco

I like that too!

The only thing that works against me is that in November it is pretty cold in NJ so outdoor seating is not ideal. I wonder who I know that owns restaurant!!??

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Mary, I really like your ideas! The restaurant one would be most likely not to throw up any premature red flags. Any ideas where I can get a shirt made up? My sister has already expressed interest in wanting to hide somewhere and video tape it so that should be covered lol.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes!

I should start contacting some restaurants I suppose!

Still open to hear any more clever ideas!

I WOULD BE HONORED TO DO THE TSHIRT FOR YOU!! I have an embroidery machine and and can put anything on a TSHIRT!! Totally custom!! My engagement gift to you!!!! Let me know!!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=9549]fastmatt613[/MENTION] The restaurant idea is great.

Another one is the Central Park Proposal. Since you want to do in December, I'd do it near the Ice Skating rink (Wollman rink) because it's just such a perfect place in the winter. Quintessential NYC, you know what I mean?

Have your friends meet you near the rink with Rocco, while you and your girlfriend take a carriage ride, or just a walk around Central Park making your way to the ice skating rink.
Dress Rocco up in a little tux, and have a sign standing near him read- "Daddy wants to make you my mommy, will you marry him?" As she's reading the sign and freaking out, get down on your knee and give her the ring. Make sure your friends
are taping and taking pictures of the whole thing.

That would be my ideal proposal in the winter.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.