Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 53

Thread: Need some advice...

  1. #37
    Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Davidh's Avatar
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    13,246
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)
    1557

    Default Re: Need some advice...

    So sorry for your loss and I'm glad you were with him when he went. I was with my dad when he went also and it helped me I think, because I, like you, knew he was at peace and not in any more pain. We will be thinking of you as the next few days will be hard and busy. May he rest in peace.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie


  2. #38
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Need some advice...

    I'm sorry to hear about your dad Your words that he seemed at peace in his last moments is comforting, but it must have been very hard.

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  3. #39
    Boomsboozed Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    boomsboo's Avatar
    Country
    U.S.
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,180
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank (11/3/09 - 8/2/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    211

    Default Re: Need some advice...

    You all are so awesome! I appreciate it! It's going to be busy the next few days... but I've got my uncle to help me through it luckily.
    In Loving Memory of Tank
    11/3/2009 - 8/4/2017


  4. #40
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,729
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5586

    Default Re: Need some advice...

    Quote Originally Posted by boomsboo View Post
    @ddnene - thank you!

    I'm sad to say that my dad did pass away last night (early this morning) it was after midnight so luckily he didn't pass on halloween. He seemed at peace and for the first time in my life I saw my dad cry. It's the hardest thing that I have ever done and probably will ever do to sit there with him in his last moments. I feel at peace because he seemed at peace. Thank you all for the kind words. I know he's no longer in pain or suffering and watching over me
    Oh NO... I'm so very very sorry, for some reason I missed this yesterday!!!

    Oh honey, my heart just breaks for you...

    I was holding my Dad's hand when he passed as well... this was after I caught a flight home from Germany. I know that it meant a lot to your Dad for you to be there for him, and believe me I know how HARD this was for you I have tried to explain this to people, there is a feeling of peace at that very moment. It's indescribable... He is no longer suffering, and he's still very much with you!!! He's in your heart, and he will be with you as long as you shall live... Sending you lots of hugs & prayers... and remember if you ever need to talk/vent/cry whatever we are all here for you!!!

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  5. #41
    Bulldog Vet in Training Bazza's Avatar
    Real Name
    Andrea
    Country
    Australia
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    1,426
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bazza
    Likes (Received)
    128

    Default Re: Need some advice...

    Quote Originally Posted by boomsboo View Post
    @ddnene - thank you!

    I'm sad to say that my dad did pass away last night (early this morning) it was after midnight so luckily he didn't pass on halloween. He seemed at peace and for the first time in my life I saw my dad cry. It's the hardest thing that I have ever done and probably will ever do to sit there with him in his last moments. I feel at peace because he seemed at peace. Thank you all for the kind words. I know he's no longer in pain or suffering and watching over me
    Sorry for your loss, as I posted earlier in your post I lost my Dad, I have been away for a little holiday and came back here to see if there was any update, I shocked to hear the news. But I am glad you are at peace and so was your Dad.

  6. #42
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Texas Carol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    7,202
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)
    2742

    Default Re: Need some advice...

    [QUOTE=Bazza;423482]@boomsboo Wow this is a topic close to my heart for many reasons, you have got so much great advice and I wish I had been on this site when I was going through tough times, my dad died 3 years ago, after a short illness and organ failure (no cancer) but we knew he would not make it, I had four amazing days with Dad, some of the time he was unconscious though, but I got to say everything I wanted, my dad and I were very close and had a great communication, he preferred honestly and like what you say emotion!!! We cried together, I talked about all the things I loved about him and how much he meant to me, I am so grateful that I had the time to say goodbye to him, you will have strength that you did not know you could and you will be amazing because it sounds like you have an amazing Dad and relationship, you will draw strength and appreciation for it down the road. I miss my Dad a lot, I miss his unconditional love, I miss when I walked any room no matter how old I was and I felt his love, I never have had that feeling ever since, sorry I know I am rambling but first time I have written anything about it, it won't be easy, but you will get you will get strength to get through it. Not long ago not even a year yet I lost my long time school friend to breast cancer, she has 3 little children which I help care for now, so she was like a sister, and it was the hardest thing I ever went through, I watched her slip away, but again you will have strength and love that will get you through, she wanted to be angry, sick, complaining, laughing and crying without being judged, just wanted people to be there for her, it was tough because she was leaving behind a 1,3,4 year old and it was hard on us all. You need to a look after yourself as well and cry when you need and feel o.k. to laugh when needed. sending you prayers as it always breaks my heart to hear when someone else goes through it. Best wishes to you and your entire family.

    Thank you for sharing all you've been through and the wisdom you are sharing
    now with us. How wonderful you are helping to raise her children, GOD will honor
    such a loving, unselfish act of kindness. I lost my best friend of 30 years five years
    ago, it ripped my heart out. A year ago my husband of 30 years died, I have no
    words to describe what it did to me, he was such a great person~a wonderful
    husband & father, a son & a brother and friend to all. Your words brought me to
    tears and sharing of this...

    Stuart died so quickly of a massive heart attack at 52, as the bible says, he was
    gone in the twinkling of an eye, no time to say anything even tho I stood right
    beside him. But a couple of weeks before it took him, I'd called him back to bed
    one morning and told him how much I loved him and admired him and why. I
    expressed thankfulness for his love and for the fine man he was and how his
    true & loyal heart and patient steadfastness had healed my brokeness, gave
    me hope & trust again, brought JOY into my life and how happy I was because
    he loved me, how complete our life together was in every way. When he was
    gone so suddenly just 2 weeks later this held me together and still does today.


    My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

  7. #43
    Bulldog Vet in Training Bazza's Avatar
    Real Name
    Andrea
    Country
    Australia
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    1,426
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bazza
    Likes (Received)
    128

    Default Re: Need some advice...

    [QUOTE=Texas Carol;428057]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    @boomsboo Wow this is a topic close to my heart for many reasons, you have got so much great advice and I wish I had been on this site when I was going through tough times, my dad died 3 years ago, after a short illness and organ failure (no cancer) but we knew he would not make it, I had four amazing days with Dad, some of the time he was unconscious though, but I got to say everything I wanted, my dad and I were very close and had a great communication, he preferred honestly and like what you say emotion!!! We cried together, I talked about all the things I loved about him and how much he meant to me, I am so grateful that I had the time to say goodbye to him, you will have strength that you did not know you could and you will be amazing because it sounds like you have an amazing Dad and relationship, you will draw strength and appreciation for it down the road. I miss my Dad a lot, I miss his unconditional love, I miss when I walked any room no matter how old I was and I felt his love, I never have had that feeling ever since, sorry I know I am rambling but first time I have written anything about it, it won't be easy, but you will get you will get strength to get through it. Not long ago not even a year yet I lost my long time school friend to breast cancer, she has 3 little children which I help care for now, so she was like a sister, and it was the hardest thing I ever went through, I watched her slip away, but again you will have strength and love that will get you through, she wanted to be angry, sick, complaining, laughing and crying without being judged, just wanted people to be there for her, it was tough because she was leaving behind a 1,3,4 year old and it was hard on us all. You need to a look after yourself as well and cry when you need and feel o.k. to laugh when needed. sending you prayers as it always breaks my heart to hear when someone else goes through it. Best wishes to you and your entire family.

    Thank you for sharing all you've been through and the wisdom you are sharing
    now with us. How wonderful you are helping to raise her children, GOD will honor
    such a loving, unselfish act of kindness. I lost my best friend of 30 years five years
    ago, it ripped my heart out. A year ago my husband of 30 years died, I have no
    words to describe what it did to me, he was such a great person~a wonderful
    husband & father, a son & a brother and friend to all. Your words brought me to
    tears and sharing of this...

    Stuart died so quickly of a massive heart attack at 52, as the bible says, he was
    gone in the twinkling of an eye, no time to say anything even tho I stood right
    beside him. But a couple of weeks before it took him, I'd called him back to bed
    one morning and told him how much I loved him and admired him and why. I
    expressed thankfulness for his love and for the fine man he was and how his
    true & loyal heart and patient steadfastness had healed my brokeness, gave
    me hope & trust again, brought JOY into my life and how happy I was because
    he loved me, how complete our life together was in every way. When he was
    gone so suddenly just 2 weeks later this held me together and still does today.
    Thanks for sharing Carol it is lovely that you can take comfort in the words you expressed to him before he passed, both your husband and friend are forever in your heart, I know so many including those in this thread that have been through sad times too. I have always known that I am not the only one that has gone through tragedies, my experiences have definitely made my stronger and kinder, I appreciate the life I have, I appreciate the small things and the things that have nothing to do with money. I stop and literally smell the roses. I want to live a good life for those that cannot, I feel lucky of what I have. I still have sadness (and tears) thinking of my Dad and friend, sometimes I feel them around me. My friends, little children are just a blessing and they remind me of her everyday, I see her in them, even though it makes me sad that they no longer have her, or she is not around to see them grow. Life is a wonderful gift, although can be challenging and sad at times. XX (PS and boy can our animals enrich our lives, they are great at listening and a great source of comfort :-) )

  8. #44
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,729
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5586

    Default Re: Need some advice...

    [QUOTE=Bazza;428237]
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post

    Thanks for sharing Carol it is lovely that you can take comfort in the words you expressed to him before he passed, both your husband and friend are forever in your heart, I know so many including those in this thread that have been through sad times too. I have always known that I am not the only one that has gone through tragedies, my experiences have definitely made my stronger and kinder, I appreciate the life I have, I appreciate the small things and the things that have nothing to do with money. I stop and literally smell the roses. I want to live a good life for those that cannot, I feel lucky of what I have. I still have sadness (and tears) thinking of my Dad and friend, sometimes I feel them around me. My friends, little children are just a blessing and they remind me of her everyday, I see her in them, even though it makes me sad that they no longer have her, or she is not around to see them grow. Life is a wonderful gift, although can be challenging and sad at times. XX (PS and boy can our animals enrich our lives, they are great at listening and a great source of comfort :-) )
    Your story brings out the tears…
    I can't imagine how hard this has been for you, but she was so blessed to have you for a friend!!! I know that she is so appreciative of all the time you are spending w/her babies!!! God Bless…

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  9. #45
    Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Slidell, Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    1,718
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)
    33

    Default Re: Need some advice...

    Quote Originally Posted by boomsboo View Post
    I'm not one to go rambling about my feelings and talk about my life on the internet, let alone many of my close friends. But I despriately need some advice, and I feel like EBN is like one big family. I guess I should start from the beginning.. My Dad was diagnosed last year with stage 2 pancreatic cancer. Long story short after many chemo and radiation treatments, the cancer was gone and he was in remission. Recently this year, back in March, we found out it had returned in his liver. For the past 6 months him and I have been back and fourth between doctor's appointments and chemo treatments, and this past month has been very rough on him. His last chemo treatment was back in early September. This past Thursday he was admitted into the hospital. Today I recieved a text from him asking to come tomorrow with my sister because he has "bad news". So what I am getting at is I am thinking the worst but hoping for the best. Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this if it is the news that I think it is? I've lost my brother from cancer 3 years ago and was able to push through it, but now that it's my dad it seems like a different experience. Him and I are extremely close and I want to be strong for him. Hopefully some of you can give me a little friendly advice? Thanks EBN!
    Early last year, I sat down with my older brother, a very rare thing, He was 9 years older than I, Hated my sense of humor, and took everything in life so seriously. We spent the day, probably 8 hours talking, about memories, Family, Kids, events in our life, had lunch together, talked about his child, my children, and had one of those rarest days I could have ever dreamed of. That night he had a stroke, and 5 weeks I spent at his bedside, praying, talking, watching him reach out and have conversations with my parents which have passed, it was the most horrible time in my life, I watched as one stroke took over from where the last one left off, watching him steadily decline, and was talking to him as he passed away holding my hand. It was the hardest thing I ever had to contend with...... My point is, now it's almost 2 years since his loss, not sure of the events that led to us sitting down for a day as we did, But it's the day I reflect back on more than any other. Things that needed to be said were said, both ways, It was what got me through this event, Never take for granted what clearing the air of everything will do for you both. Enjoy those days, Don't be afraid to pray, Find comfort in what you know, Leave uncertainty out of the equation. Love with all you have, Understand with all you can fathom, You'll never regret that day. Trust me......

  10. #46
    Bulldog Vet in Training Bazza's Avatar
    Real Name
    Andrea
    Country
    Australia
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    1,426
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bazza
    Likes (Received)
    128

    Default Re: Need some advice...

    [QUOTE=ddnene;428260]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post

    Your story brings out the tears…
    I can't imagine how hard this has been for you, but she was so blessed to have you for a friend!!! I know that she is so appreciative of all the time you are spending w/her babies!!! God Bless…
    I read your story too about your Dad, and all the others, it never will be easy watching people you love pass away, but we all get through, and love continues forever x

  11. #47
    Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Posts
    1,491
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)
    28

    Default Re: Need some advice...

    Condolence to you boomsboo.

    I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

  12. #48
    I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Pati Robins's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Location
    Cardiff UK
    Posts
    2,898
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    81
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Need some advice...

    Im so sorry for your loss ,i wanted to write earlier but i was lost for words ... Thinking of you and your family xx
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

    Shy & Lilly


Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •