Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I just have to share this because well it sort of hit home with me! My DAUGHTER played in their championship game today its the end of the season she played pee-wee football (yes I said she)...She was the ONLY girl that was brave enough to sign up for pee-wee football and play every game. I prepared her in the beginning for all the nasty names boys would probably call her or the ugly things they would probably say about her because she was a girl playing football AND doing well at it. As parents it is our responsibility to prepare our children for the future no matter what that future holds both the victories and the defeats. We ARE that little voice of hope in their hearts and minds whispering to try it one more time. I sure as HELL would be mad if the coaches decided to forfeit they could potentially taking away their victory or defeat either way they took away a potential life lesson. My daughter played sick, she played hurt, she twisted her ankle on the field then someone cleated it then someone fell on it and she would limp back up to the line but when the whistle blew she was 100% playing like she was suppose to. Every time someone told me Dang I can't believe my boy got tackled by a girl I just smile inside and quietly say "THATS MY GIRL!!!" (ok maybe not so quietly sometimes) LOL

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Absolutely! And we might even save a few kids by doing this! The Military just might change the life of someone on the edge- giving them a sense of pride, patriotism, and motivation.
And @ ddnene and @ Marine91: message of thanks delivered! He is my pride and joy!

We got mandatory service in Poland -amount of lazy,stupid people they take its a open can of worms -i think its a bad idea especially that most of this kids simply dont want to serve (be there) - if they dont put their mind and heart into "their job" -the quality of "our services" is appalling
One thing army thought my brother -who was the one that didn't want to join -"after service finish ,be lazy , get young sister to pick everything for you"
My husband served in UK (not mandatory ) he loved it - even tho he suffers from PTSD,and few injuries to the knee from jumping down from the tank (there was no ladders back then) -he loved the good time -hated the fact that they put normal soldiers that they trained to fight and protect under UN beret sent to Bosnia to "observe and report" -he saw to many bad things and flipped that no one is doing anything and kids get slathered in front of them" many his other mates that just finishing their army carriers and some of them injured never claimed any compensation -they believe they signed their lives to the country ...
Now UK struggles with compensations-i got that info from a guy that helps servicemen works for (department that grants veterans pensions etc) for the servicemen -i think its wrong because of you willingly sign yourself ,your life ,knowing that you might get injured or never come back .(people often dont agree with my opinion but this is realist in me)
Country will make sure you are looked after ,so why want more? -now they are cutting back on amount of troops we got -there are no money left ....
Husband often say that compensations and government killed off our army,navy and airforce

We salute your son for what hes doing

Most Reactions