Do You Play An Instrument?

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I played with three of my buddies from NYC...They called me Ace.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 41

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Originally posted by Casper " I was in a band called the Circle Jerks and I played the skin flute."

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
EBN turn away, this post is for [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION].. [MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION].. [MENTION=8699]Casper[/MENTION]

Cami heard Momma played drums and she wanted y'all to know
she is a bully prodigy playing musical toots from her butt hole.

Sorry all...the skin flute post compelled me.
:evil:

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I play the piano and the guitar. But, I'm not very good. I basically taught myself to play because I love to sing and I want to sing with accompaniment. Then, of course, karaoke machines became popular...

My son is 12 and he's crazy talented. I enrolled him in piano lessons when he was only 4 because I was worried that he would have big trouble in Kindergarten because he couldn't sit still for more than 2 minutes. So, I thought, if he can learn to sit still for a 30-minute music lesson, he'll be ready for Kindergarten. I told the piano teacher that I really don't care if he learns to play the piano, I just want him to learn to sit still... and she was just fine with it. Well, lo and behold, the kid got amazing talent!

He's 12 now and he is very very very good at it. The problem is - he's not dedicated to it! It drives me insane when I spent the better part of a year when I was his age trying to learn to play Moonlight Sonata and still until today, couldn't quite get it. And he sits on the piano for a few minutes in a week and learns the first movement! It drives me insane because if he would spend as much time on the piano as he does with his video games, he'd be Mozart! Or heck, Justin Bieber! It drives me bananas!

My 10 year old is a drummer. He's not as talented as my 12 year old, but he is like me. He works at it. And he and I can play some songs together with me on my guitar.
Our favorite right now is Demons by Imagine Dragons. :)

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
its true!..we wore makeup and everything..The girls would line up just for a little KISS. I wrote a cool song about my girfriend Beth. She'd call me day and night asking when are you coming home and Id say Relax, Beth I hear you calling but I cant come home right now. She didnt understand that me and the boys were playing and we just couldnt find the sound.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
its true!..we wore makeup and everything..The girls would line up just for a little KISS. I wrote a cool song about my girfriend Beth. She'd call me day and night asking when are you coming home and Id say Relax, Beth I hear you calling but I cant come home right now. She didnt understand that me and the boys were playing and we just couldnt find the sound.

OMG... Beth is one of my fav songs :heart: Is that your wife's name?!! :lol:

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I was self taught on piano and guitar. My dad thought lessons were a waste of money. My "real instrument" was my voice. I sang for many years and loved it. Because of my dad, my kids were able to learn so many different instruments. I was determined that they would have an opportunity to try whatever they wanted. My son is a guitarist and plays in several bands in the Dallas area. One daughter majored in theater, and my other daughter is very good on viola and is a killer drummer. She was on the drum line at Southern Methodist University for 4 years.

i am currently teaching myself to play the bodhran, a Celtic drum. I have been so busy I haven't had time to practice.

Last edited:

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
In High School, I played drums, the Doubles and triples in the Mardi Gras parades, but they were heavy to carry for so many miles. In Elementary School, I played the Flute, and really enjoyed the sound, and enjoyed playing the Saxaphone in Jr. High, Jazz was the music everyone wanted to hear. I have a guitar now at home, acoustic/electric "Dean" but I admit I haven't learned to play it yet, but haven't had time to put time into it either. Music has always been a part of my heritage.

Members online

No members online now.