I just don't get it.. vent

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
3am this morning, "two men in black, parachuted down and landed in front of the Goldman Sachs building". They walked away. No one stopped them, no one knows who they are, or why they did it.

The scary bit about this is the Goldman Sachs building is directly in front of the World Trade tower site. Now, if you know downtown Manhattan, specifically this area (Battery Park city), you know there's police everywhere. Like 2-3 patrol cars on every block.
Goldman Sachs also has their own security standing outside 24/7. There's at least 2 police cars directly in front of the building, and 2-3 more on each side street. So HOW DID THESE GUYS MANAGE TO JUST WALK AWAY??? Where were the police? Watching it? This is ridiculous to me!! I live here, literally across the street. Again, the police are everywhere! How 2 men managed to parachute down in the middle of the night, with no one seeing/stopping them is beyond me. The area is so lit up you'd have to be blind to miss them!

The police commissioner lives in my building. Guess what I'm asking next time I see him?!

Then Sunday, this happens: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...er-bender-west-side-highway-article-1.1471585 (scroll down for the 6 minute video of the range rover being followed). The driver hit a guy on the motorcycle after he was cut off. The video clearly shows him being cut off.. what ensues is crazy..
These motorcycle guys were following him for 6 minutes. Where are the police? The driver called 911.
So how did they manage, after 6 minutes of chasing him up the West Side Highway, into Washington Heights, pull him out of his car and beat him up while his wife and two year old daughter watched is beyond me. Again, where was the police??? 6 MINUTES, 6 FREAKING MINUTES!! POLICE ARE EVERYWHERE HERE! No one was able to get to them? Really?? I'm disgusted with the police response in my city right now.

I'm sorry, but there's no excuse for these two events happening here. The first happened literally right in front of the police and they missed it. The second event happened even though the police were called but apparently 6 minutes to respond is not enough in a city where you'll find a cop every 10 blocks.

RIDICULOUS!

Chumley, I know you're a former police officer, and this is no way directed at you or anyone else. It's directed at what's going on in the city right now- police everywhere, and yet- things like this are happening...
There's just no excuse.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That is RIDICULOUS! I would defenitely ask the police commissioner, especially now that the government is shut down.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh my goodness, I agree 100%... What the heck is going on?!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Hun...I could go on such a rant as to burn up the web.

I feel bad for the police and officials that are hard working, honest and
dedicated and DO their jobs...everyday. There are too many that DON'T
and overshadow their dedication.

Right now America, the great, is shut down. There seems to be no one
doing their jobs from the top leadership position right on down thru the
ranks.

Punks pulling drivers out of their vehicles in broad daylight on city streets
show how little they fear consequences. If I were president, I would bring
back public hangings & executions~bet the crime rate would drop dramatically
overnight.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sad, sad, world.... Your anger is warranted

B

Baxter Tiberius

In order to stop things like unexpected parachuters landing in midtown manhattan, you'd have to give the NSA about 100 times more access to things than it currently has.

Are we willing to make that tradeoff?

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
@Ftse 100 @pdolphin27 @ddnene @2BullyMama Thank you for understanding. It's just crazy that these things were allowed to happen.
@Texas Carol oh hun, I have no doubt you can burn up the web if you wanted to. You're one eloquent lady. And when you have a cause, god help those on the wrong side of your argument!
@Baxter Tiberius My anger is not directed at the fact that it happened- it's directed at the police in this area. No one saw it! We have tons of officers here 24/7, and the area is lit up like a Christmas tree. Yet, none of them saw 2 guys parachuting down.
There's something very wrong with this picture. It starts to feel like the police are just here for show, nothing else.

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
The biker thing didn't shock me. Police response above 125th street is usually a little slower than the rest of the island of of manhattan....

two guys dropping outta the sky in front of 220 west st is crazy. If they jumped from a plane then I would have to point out that over NYC is (as far as I know) a no fly zone since 911. So either they jumped from a designated plane or they BASE jumped from the top of the building.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
The biker thing didn't shock me. Police response above 125th street is usually a little slower than the rest of the island of of manhattan....

two guys dropping outta the sky in front of 220 west st is crazy. If they jumped from a plane then I would have to point out that over NYC is (as far as I know) a no fly zone since 911. So either they jumped from a designated plane or they BASE jumped from the top of the building.

I dunno, the biker incident pisses me off big time. It still shouldn't have taken as long as it did to respond. Even the witnesses there were asking where the cops were.

But yea, the two guys is crazy. I'm pretty sure planes are allowed to fly over these days. Helicopters are always flying over the city.
If they base jumped, where from?? Goldman Sachs? Then Goldman Sachs security has a lot of questions to answer.
Either way, no one saw!! How crazy is that?! Like I said, think the police here are just for show.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Wow. Just wow. Hate to say it but this is happening more and more across the country and world in general every day.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
So did the 2 guys provide a reason of why they parachuted?

And did anyone try to intervene the fight?

Crazy crazy.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w

Crazy crazy.

No one saw them parachute. The only reason they know is because Goldman's cameras caught them coming down, then contacted the police. That's the crazy part (ok, parachuting down is crazy as well), that no one saw them. Like I said, police everywhere but they all missed it. The two guys weren't caught. They just walked away carrying their parachutes.. insane.

Regarding the fight, I haven't heard that anyone intervened and I doubt anyone would. There was something like 30-50 guys on their bikes there. The people around were probably too scared to get involved.. :(

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Could it be possible that the parachuters have permission to parachute over Goldman Sach's?

And about the govt. shutdown... NY City and NY State did not shutdown. Federal govt shutdown. NYPD is state, not Federal.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco

Crazy crazy.

These guys are unknown which really is crazy. no matter what time it is, someone is around or watching. This is five min from where I work. Crazy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.