porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Hmmm idk we have wolf spiders here they r nasty but I've never seen one that big this things body was the size of a silver dollar with the legs it was prolly as big as my whole palm or without the light stripe down the back!!! a friend that lives here says he thinks its an adirondack tarantula aka fishing spider but I've never heard of them :) plus I like proving him wrong lol

Last edited:

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
a5u8uqyh.jpg

Early last month, I took the boys outside to do their duties, and Rocky alerted me to this guy on the side of my house. I quickly got the boys inside, and grabbed my 12 gauge shotgun, and loaded it with 00'ot Buck Shot!! It took a lot of coaching to get him off the side of the house without getting close enough to get bit. I shot him about 6 times with my shotgun before he stopped lunging at me, and twice more point blank range to finally kill him. All my neighbors thought I got into a bed of cotton mouths as they run over with their shotguns to help me and the boys!!

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
a5u8uqyh.jpg

Early last month, I took the boys outside to do their duties, and Rocky alerted me to this guy on the side of my house. I quickly got the boys inside, and grabbed my 12 gauge shotgun, and loaded it with 00'ot Buck Shot!! It took a lot of coaching to get him off the side of the house without getting close enough to get bit. I shot him about 6 times with my shotgun before he stopped lunging at me, and twice more point
blank range to finally kill him. All my neighbors thought I got into a bed of cotton mouths as they run over with their shotguns to help me and the boys!!

OMG I saw this on fb lol they said it was a viral post :D did u shoot his leg off he seems to be missing one :) (I'm picking) idt I could have moved if I saw that thing I'm aracnaphobic the one on my house made me panic n I squirted him with water until he got back into his web where I couldn't reach him

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Dang..... I thought I was still on the smack talkin page with [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION], [MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION], and [MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION] hahahahaha, Yep Alicia, when I was looking up your spider, and seen it was close to a wolf spider, I couldn't remember why I remembered wolf spider, and after racking my brain real hard, remembered I seen that picture on Facebook. Supposidly taken in Texas, "Because everything is bigger in Texas" I swiped the picture, and started doing research, it's what I do best. The spider, sure enough is a wolf spider, enlarged and photo shopped onto the side of a house. Thinking Teas is our next door neighbor, and remembering the true fight I had not long ago with a Texas Native Rattle Snake, I wanted to be prepaired...... hahahahaha like you said though, it was a Hoax !! Funny never the less, but like you i would have died to see a spider that big. Although I have no fear of spiders, and was a victom of a black widow attack in infancy, I hold no grudges, or fear towards spiders. Snakes..... Not so Much, I hate them with a passion, and if I don't easily recognize a snake by its color, then it's a gonner, I have no patience or compassion for snakes at all

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I hear you Dave, I hate spiders and snakes equally, they totally freak me out. My son has a King snake, named Elvis of course. I would like to make a purse out of him, but won't go anywhere near him. He lives in his bedroom, and is about 3 feet long right now. He says they grow to about 7 or 8 feet, and when he gets there, I told my son, he'll be living somewhere else. Lol. He feeds it dead mice, and keeps these frozen dead critters in my freezer in the basement. EEEWWWWWW.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Why oh why did i click on this thread ?! Im afraid of spiders regardless of the size ,sorry i do t know what is it but is bloody ugly and scary !!

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
I wouldn't have took a pic b/c I would have stepped on it way to fast!! Like a month after my husband deployed my son says mom there's a great big spider over here, come see (he's was 4 and loves bugs) So I went to get a shoe, and he goes wow baby ones too, I thought he was joking, ummm No i come with my shoe and tons and I mean tons of baby spiders were scattering and one big spider!!! I about freaked grabbed the vaccum and swept up what I could find and sprayed down the carpet, furniture anything where I thought those babies could have hid, uggh it was awful!! I guess some spider carries their babies on their back and then they scatter when threatned!! Nice!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
a5u8uqyh.jpg

Early last month, I took the boys outside to do their duties, and Rocky alerted me to this guy on the side of my house. I quickly got the boys inside, and grabbed my 12 gauge shotgun, and loaded it with 00'ot Buck Shot!! It took a lot of coaching to get him off the side of the house without getting close enough to get bit. I shot him about 6 times with my shotgun before he stopped lunging at me, and twice more point blank range to finally kill him. All my neighbors thought I got into a bed of cotton mouths as they run over with their shotguns to help me and the boys!!

:w00t:HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG... yep, I agree wolf spider

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Now I feel like there are spiders crawling all over me. EEEEEEEEWWWWWWW!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Only thing that helps is a stern smack with a shoe...

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Lol we have some huge annoying grasshoppers that get in our house.....porky eats them n then she pukes.....that spider seems to like eating them too so as long as he stays in his web n not in my house he will live.....the second he crosses the threshold he's a goner

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I go with the others--wolf spider. I had millions of them in east Texas around our pool. You should see them when they're carrying hundreds of their babies on their backs! CREEPY! :yikes: We have them here too, just not as many!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.