Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I was down helping my hubby in our shed for our business in town today of replacing some shelving as we lost almost all our equipment in the floods in January, so here I was helping him put shelves together after about half an hour I looked up to the roof and nearly :poo: myself when I saw this hanging right above my head.
photo (2).jpg

:w00t: After seeing this I could not relax I was on the look out for snakes, I wont be going back there in a hurry.

OP
Ftse 100

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Well now. My wife would still be running away after seeing that.

He had to get it down and take it outside as it was swaying in the wind and I was thinking if this thing lands on me I am going have a heart attack :w00t: I still don't know where the little sucker was that shed it maybe watching us.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
OMG is right, Julie!

When it got hot this summer, my son was going out the front door and
yelled, What the h*ll...I ran into the hall and there had been a 5 foot
snake that lunged at him, thankfully he'd not got the door fully opened
so slammed it shut. It turned out to be a rat snake, not poisonous but
obviously aggressive. So glad it wasn't me cause I would have had a HA,
no doubt! I'll make him post the pic he took before we caught & released
it in the woods as they kill vermin.

OP
Ftse 100

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
OMG is right, Julie!

When it got hot this summer, my son was going out the front door and
yelled, What the h*ll...I ran into the hall and there had been a 5 foot
snake that lunged at him, thankfully he'd not got the door fully opened
so slammed it shut. It turned out to be a rat snake, not poisonous but
obviously aggressive. So glad it wasn't me cause I would have had a HA,
no doubt! I'll make him post the pic he took before we caught & released
it in the woods as they kill vermin.

:w00t: scary, but I think I would of had to kill it I think I prefer vermin to snakes they reckon they are going to be bad this year as we are already having hotter than the usual summer heat and we are only 25 days into spring I really hope this is not true thou

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
OH H_ _ _. No, I would be totally be freaking out, I don't like snakes, spiders, bats, or anything creepy crawley. Lol

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yikes!!!! I hate snakes too! That's creepy just seeing the skin :scared:

OP
Ftse 100

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I can handle seeing a snake on books tv etc but not near me that skin freaked me out but spiders well that just a whole new issue that is my phobia have been petrified of them since I was kid, when my kids were little and didn't want to go to school once or twice they told me they saw a spider in the car and knew I wouldn't get in it until the spider had been found and they would get to stay home but I caught on to there scheme. :blush2:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
You know, I always said that people are always looking DOWN for snakes. My in-laws, when living, wouldn't come outside in the summer, for fear of snakes. Whenever I have seen a snake, most times it was up in a tree(rattlesnake)green snake, OR the biggest snakeskin I ever saw-was strung across the beams in the barn. Glad I wasn't there to see who it belonged to!!! But, I hate spiders the most. I don't worry about snakes-until I SEE one-then I get very conscious of them. Once, after I saw a snake, I was walking in the field and something jumped up at me. I screamed! I had stepped on a stick, and the other end popped up out of the high grass! I am much better if I DON'T see them.
I used to have chickens and had buckets hanging up in the barn-high enough so you couldn't see in them. I used to just reach up in the buckets and get the eggs. One day I reached in, and grabbed a snake. What a horrible feeling! I found out where the eggs were disappearing to! Lucky for me, it was a chicken snake-not poisonous!Needless to say, after that, I LOOKED in the buckets first!

OP
Ftse 100

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
You know, I always said that people are always looking DOWN for snakes. My in-laws, when living, wouldn't come outside in the summer, for fear of snakes. Whenever I have seen a snake, most times it was up in a tree(rattlesnake)green snake, OR the biggest snakeskin I ever saw-was strung across the beams in the barn. Glad I wasn't there to see who it belonged to!!! But, I hate spiders the most. I don't worry about snakes-until I SEE one-then I get very conscious of them. Once, after I saw a snake, I was walking in the field and something jumped up at me. I screamed! I had stepped on a stick, and the other end popped up out of the high grass! I am much better if I DON'T see them.
I used to have chickens and had buckets hanging up in the barn-high enough so you couldn't see in them. I used to just reach up in the buckets and get the eggs. One day I reached in, and grabbed a snake. What a horrible feeling! I found out where the eggs were disappearing to! Lucky for me, it was a chicken snake-not poisonous!Needless to say, after that, I LOOKED in the buckets first!

:w00t: I would have had a HA yes it is better to see before putting your hands in.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I don't do snakes,spiders,daddy long legs and other flying buggers -im grateful for my 6 year old ,or a neighbour to come and remove all the spiders ,otherwise i would move out ;-)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:eek: :eek: .... i soooooooooooooo hate snakes!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I would have freaked out, knowing it had gone UP! Like someone said, I always used to look down! Very little scares me as much as snakes. I don't mind spiders and once caught a mouse in the office. When we lived in east Texas, we apparently had 4 snakes that Bill killed in OUR LIVING ROOM!!!! He didn't tell me until we moved. He added,"That lot was alive with snakes!" I know my bullmastiff, Norton, was bitten on the snout by a copperhead when we lived there. I HATED that house.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OMG Julie, I would of had a heart attack!!! I HATE snakes... :yell:

Most Reactions