diet soda

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok so i have heard for years how bad diet soda is and aspertame but well never really gave it much thought. well ive been really trying to be healthy this last year giving up that wheat stuff thats in everything and soy to. trying to exercise more and things like that but just couldnt give up my diet soda. yes i drink water but well i need some flavor when im eating im sorry i do. well on fb a few days ago there was another thing going around about diet soda and how bad it is and one thing caught my eye it makes you crave sweets. for the last many many months ive craved sweets and even started drinking more diet soda than normal. so i thought ok ill try just drinking regular soda and see what happens. yes i was worried bout weight gain as im on a diet and stuff but thought it was worth seeing about it. so did i notice a difference well yes i did. i find im much more calm and that im sleeping better and i was not so craving of the soda nor sweets and just generally feel better. ok so ive taken it a step further and switched to orange juice as well i was sick so seemed a good time to get off soda completely. well i must say that i do feel better and the things ive mentioned have continued so i think ill just give up diet soda completely and forever. i read whats in it and compared to regular soda its some nasty looking ingredients. now am i telling everyone to go buy regular soda well no but im just telling my story and people can get what they want out of it. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
interesting.... I used to be sooooooooo addictted to diet Coke and then , not sure when, just stopped drinking it. Gotta say though, I still have a nasty sweet tooth ;)

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Hubbies Mom gave up diet coke and started drinking regular I might drink a coke once a week black coffee is a free bee so I drink water and black coffee once in a while a glass of sweet tea

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I have never been a soda drinker, my son and I drink a lot of water, I drink about 6 bottles a day, and my son drinks about 10 bottles a day. My hubby is the Cokaholic, he drinks at least 6 or 7 cokes a day, and he also drinks coffee which he puts 6 Tsp of sugar in. He never eats fruits or vegetables, only a meat and potato guy, and he loves bread. I swear if I cut him open, he would bleed sugar. Lol. I've been trying to get him to cut down, and he has cut down his coke consumption a little, and he will drink water, but he's basically traded his come for Gatorade, which is also full of sugar.
Today when we were out shopping, we saw the Soda Stream, it's a machine that uses tap water, and flavouring, and carbonates the water, making it dizzy. We tried the lemon/ lime and coke flavours, and they were pretty good, tasted refreshing, although, he said it didn't taste like real coke, but wasn't bad. I want to buy this machine. Does anyone else have a Soda Stream? And do you like it?

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
My husband loves coke , i love flavoured still water ;-))
My nana on the other hand (89) she drinks 2 glasses every day for past 11 years stop her hiccups -believe it or not doctors couldn't find a meds that will stop her constant hiccups but glass or two a day do the trick ;-))

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Way to go...so proud of you, it's difficult to change ourselves.

I'm thrilled to hear you feel so much better...keep up the good work.

YOU are worth it!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I do my best to only have one soda a day. I try find the natural sodas like Hansen's and other lesser known brands that don't use all of the synthetic ingredients as aspertame gives me massive headaches. On the flip site I have a hard time passing up Dr. Pepper made with either real Imperial sugar or Sugar in the RAW when I can find it.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I've tried so many times to stop my diet soda addiction. I think the longest I've gone is 9 months with no diet soda. I alternate between diet soda and this thing called Vitamin Water Zero which has more "natural" ingredients in it. I drink a lot of water, black/green tea, and yes...diet soda still. Old habits are hard to break.

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
I'm not a huge soda drinker, and our water taste like crap, we live on base in NC, camp lejeune, "bad water misery here" However I bought a water cooler and the family is gulping it down, usually every three days I have to change out the water jug, for a family of three. I do nothing but drink that water I cook with the tap water. However I go thru a phase every so often which I crave soda!! I've heard the soda stream soda's are better for you but I still think its soda......

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I drink about 1 Diet Pepsi a week, I drink about 8-9 bottles of water a day, even take one to bed with me. You would THINK I would be skinny. LOL

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I stopped on the soda's... the only time I will have one is if we go to the movies which isn't very often. It's a VERY hard habit to break, and the diet has so much crap in it!!! Good for you Sandra... :up:

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Well....I'm here to say that I love diet soda. I can't stop and I'm not sorry!!! LOL Regular soda is too sweet, tastes like syrup to me....bleh.

L

Lucy-licious

I can easily drink full fat coca cola by the bucket load :eek: no diet rubbish here. My problem is that I am addicted to the stuff and would much rather drink a whole 2 litre bottle and replace meals.
I know, I know, this is no way for a good nurse to act...but in truth when working 14 hr days on a busy, acute Gastro ward, it is much easier to grab a coke and run than it is to stop and eat. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :yes:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
:2thumbs: Well done Sandra.

I have never been much of a soda drinker just water or black coffee with no sugar I don't like the taste of sweet drinks, but if there is nothing else to drink and I am really thirsty I will drink pepsi , lemonade or coke

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well its been a few days and i am going to continue with the no diet soda. i feel better and my cravings are so much less. i dont feel like i have to have a soda and if i do i drink regular soda and my sugar cravings are still there but not so overpowering. i am not so uptight and moody and i am sleeping now without any help from otc sleep pills which i was taking every single night just to sleep. i dont feel like i have to go p all the time like i did either. i am going to continue this and see how it goes.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.