She rises again....Tubs' mommy!

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Hi All.......yup, we are still around.......things have been pretty eventful since my last post...many moons ago. I believe the last time I wrote I was in the midst of my divorce. Well, A LOT has happened since then! I am not sure if some of this is redundant, so if it is I apologize in advance. Where to start????? This is the part that might be redundant: Back in 2007, I connected with a man in the military. This was before I even met my ex husband. Since this man, we will call him John because that is his name (LOL), WAS in the military and stationed down in North Carolina, I couldn't figure out how to make our relationship work. When I met my ex husband I thought it would be best if I let John go because he had 4 years before he could think about retiring and I was here in NJ with my, then, 7 year old daughter, who is now 14 by the way! John and I went our separate ways and went about living our lives. One day, this past January, I was going through my phone looking for someone's number when I noticed I still had John's number in my phone. I thought, "what the heck." and I texted him. Low and behold, he still had the same cell phone number. John and I reconnected and picked up right where we left off. Long story a little shorter, John finally made it up here to NJ in May. On May 16th I had to attend court to make my divorce final. John went with me. That night we went to an even called, "The Second Chance Prom", a benefit for a baseball field geared towards children and adults with special needs. It was that night that John proposed to me! Yes, I became engaged on the same day my divorce was final! John and I have been enduring the drive back and forth from NJ to NC. It was on one of these trips down to NC, in July, that John and I decided to hit the court house and get married! Yes, 2 months after my divorce was final, I was married again, to the man of my dreams. John was the one I was suppose to marry in the first place, but we realize that we had to wait until the timing was right and 6 years later fate brought us back together. He is the most amazing man I have ever know. Just last weekend he jumped in his car and drove the 8 hours up here because I needed him! That is true love and a man that I know I will be able to count on for the rest of my life. Currently, John is still in NC and I am still here in NJ. He is working on retiring which will be final May 1st. He has leave time racked up, so I only have to wait until January to get him up here full-time. In the meantime we text all day long, talk on the phone and Skype every night....he is actually sitting here waiting for me to finish typing this LOL. And in between we are spending about 2 weekends a month together! We have been planning our future which includes selling my house here and buying something bigger when he gets up here, so part of my MIA has to do with having the house up for sale and the fact that I just got a new, awesome job! Things were rough in the beginning of the year, but it was something I needed to go through to end up back with my one true love! Scan0003 (2).jpg 301.jpg 308.jpg fixed dog tag.jpg hat fix.jpg John and jen (2).jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What an awesome story.... congrats and best of luck!!!

BTW, eh, where is Tubby??? :tapfoot:

:giggle:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Time...or anything else...is no match for true love. :heart:

Congratulations to y'all and your families and may GOD
bless y'all with many years of health, wealth & happiness.

Thank you for sharing such a personal journey, love your pics!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Congratulations ;-) your story goes to prove you cant escape your fate -i wish both of you many happy years xx

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Thank you everyone for the well wishes! And no I haven't forgotten about our Tubs! :-) He LOVES LOVES LOVES his new daddy! I will look through my pictures and find new, updated pictures of our little man!!!!!

L

Lucy-licious

Aww...what a heart warming story of how love will out :heart:

Congratulations xx

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Congratulations to and John. What a beautiful love story and some great photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Thanks for sharing your story!! It sounds like things are looking up for you! Congrats to you and I wish you nothing but happiness in the future!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online