Military in Hawaii??

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
I thought I saw that someone on here, just came back from Hawaii with the military?? My husband just found out he was selected for his next promotion and trying to decide where he would like to request going. He's in the Marine Corps so choices are limited, however Hawaii just opened for his mos last yr or so. We've been in NC for it will be 9yrs when his current enlistment is up. So if i'm right i'd just like an idea of how it was taking your pet, living there, and so forth. Of course it's way early and no guarantee that we would even end up there, but the thought is in his mind of putting in so i'd like to see what they thought if i'm right that someone just came from there not long ago!
Thanks in advance!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION] is the member who's wife was stationed there. I believe they are out east now.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I loved K-Bay when I was there so much to see and do but you do get bored quickly if you don't like island hopping or lounging at the beach as you will quickly see and do everything on the island. Sadly I was unaccompanied TAD when I was there so I can't really talk much to the rest but If I remember correctly animals have to go through a 30 day quarantine to make sure they didn't bring anything over from the states but is has been over 20 years since I was there so it may have changed.

OP
jlcox24

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Thanks! I've heard people love or hate it! To me it would be an experience to enjoy! With my husbands luck we will end up staying right here in NC!!! He loves it here, but is kinda ready for a change. I've said we will be one of the few that stay in the same place for 20yrs!!! NNOOOOO, while its not bad here, I'd like to see more than this!!LOL

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I have been back many times since I got out and still love to visit for a week or two. Something about the island life is just so relaxing. Especially when you get up in the smaller villages and towns. Now if I would have ever been offered orders to Guam I would have been gone in a heart beat. I love that place more than Hawaii!

OP
jlcox24

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
For his mos, its cali, nc, Hawaii, i think they were doing away with it in japan not 100%. He thought about doing Embassy, but kinda scares me! I'm just thankful he got picked for staff, otherwise we would have been looking at where to move upon getting out! He's very thankful too and yes he's my husband but it's very well deserved! He's been a very hard worker since the day I met him, working on a farm and at a saw mill. He's also a perfectionist His friends call him for all their detail hard work b/c they know he won't finish till its perfect!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Very cool. Unless things have changed Embassy or MSG duty is very hard to get when you are married. Hope he gets what he wants. Congrats on the promotion from one brother to another. I assume you are currently stuck at Lejeune or Cherry Point?

OP
jlcox24

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Yep, New river airstation, he's a Helicopter Mech, but is doing "test cell" which he test the engines after they are fixed to make sure they are running right...

And from him "Thank you"

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Totally forgot about New River... I did my second tech school at Cherry Point and was stationed at MCAS Beaufort F/A-18's I Level Com/Nav/Comsec tech.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.