Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agreed. That is a shame. I could not read the whole thing.

OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
You know I was actually told by an apartment complex that English Bulldogs were on their banned breed list. They didn't have weight restrictions, just breed restrictions and EB's were on that. I couldn't believe it!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
You know I was actually told by an apartment complex that English Bulldogs were on their banned breed list. They didn't have weight restrictions, just breed restrictions and EB's were on that. I couldn't believe it!

NO ... really???? I am astounded!!! The only thing an english bulldog could be guilty of is air pollution .. if you know what I mean .. and if you don't just come and spend an evening sat next to Daddy!!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
rufus is a handsome little guy!!

i really cant believe that "bases" are banning bullie breeds you would like of all places they would allow all kinds of breeds...

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Especially since the bulldog is the Marine Corps mascot. I heard awhile ago that Petsmart banned bully breeds (including ABs) from using the lodging/daycare.
Doggie Day Camp Requirements | PetSmart Doggie Day Camp
What do you think about that?

What a load of crap .. there is no such thing as a "bad" dog breed, only bad human owners!! Yes, there will always be a rogue dog in any breed but that doesn't mean the breed in itself is bad. I've come across some pretty nasty Chihuahuas in my time .....!!! Wonder why they're not banned from PetSmart??

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
As an animal Advocate and Bulldog Rescue volunteer, I spend seemingly ALL of my time trying to educate people about Bullies. ALL Bully breeds have this issue and I sometimes feel like Im talkimg to a wall...But I will not ever stop.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] jeff and i are going on vac to san antonio for my birthday and taking lexter. i called a petsmart day camp in san antonio and i asked ?'s about there services and how much just for the day was.... and i told them he was a eb and wasnt neutered, the only thing the front desk said was that he wouldnt beable to interact in the day camp cause hes not fixed... ill have to call back and make sure, i wouldnt be happy getting there and having to find another place to watch him for the day...

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] jeff and i are going on vac to san antonio for my birthday and taking lexter. i called a petsmart day camp in san antonio and i asked ?'s about there services and how much just for the day was.... and i told them he was a eb and wasnt neutered, the only thing the front desk said was that he wouldnt beable to interact in the day camp cause hes not fixed... ill have to call back and make sure, i wouldnt be happy getting there and having to find another place to watch him for the day...

They didn't say anything about English...just American Bulldogs. I wonder if the personalities are that much different from an AB to an EB? any thoughts?

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
ive never been around a ab but with everyone here talking about them and my hair dresser having one, i would never even consider a ab being agressive towards anyone... the only thing i can think of is they are taller and kinda resemble a pit in the face? when i call them to ask i will definately ask why they are baning "bullie breeds"...

OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
They didn't say anything about English...just American Bulldogs. I wonder if the personalities are that much different from an AB to an EB? any thoughts?

I'm sure [MENTION=1046]bulldog family[/MENTION] can answer this question, her handsome LeRoy is an American Bulldog.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.