OP
K

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
I think the thumpers have hurt the party. I used to be VERY active in politics, but dropped out because they were hijacking us. There are extremists on both sides of the fence. Unfortunately when idiots like those at Westboro get involved, it makes the mainstream news--"Look how crazy those Republicans are!" I have gotten a little sensitive--sorry. I got in a huge argument with a "friend" of my daughter's last night about this same thing, so my feelings were kind of raw. :aaargh: I still love ya! :drawheart:

Forget Reverend Phelps and the westboro baptist church. What killed the party was putting Santorum, Bauchman And Newt up at the forefront.
It was like saying "these three homophobic Jesus freaks are the best we could come up with".
It actually made Romney (the guy who believes in magic underpants and Jesus was American) seem like the rational choice for the country.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I am not going to debate this here. Just know that many of your opinions have been shaped by your news sources, as have mine. You can say what you want about my candidates and I can counter with comments about yours, including the president. This is my last post about this subject. It raises my blood pressure--not worth it!

OP
K

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
I am not going to debate this here. Just know that many of your opinions have been shaped by your news sources, as have mine. You can say what you want about my candidates and I can counter with comments about yours, including the president. This is my last post about this subject. It raises my blood pressure--not worth it!

The president isn't my candidate. I'm not a Demmy. I just happen to be pro choice and pro gay rites and and for that reason I wouldn't not be accepted by the GOP in spite of my love for the second amendment and acknowledgment of the need for tougher immigration laws.

At least that's what my news sources and not common sense or life experiences have led me to believe.

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
What she said [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] :2thumbs:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
>Sigh< I can never keep my mouth shut...

No matter what party, politics, religion (or none), sexual orientation, genetic
background, color of skin and any other interests/beliefs you have, belong to
and/or participate in...we can all agree that America is in BIG trouble and there
doesn't seem to be any real leadership at her helm. We, as a people, have become
divided and it IS the political parties that have done this and we have allowed it.

I have stopped listening to any of them and, in fact, have stopped voting because
I believe, it is not WE, the people, calling the shots and haven't for longer than I
suspect it done. Government is intrusive and over reaching the function it was
created to do and the purpose it was created for, it is now~the wrecking ball~
not Miley Cyrus!

Much love to all here and may GOD bless us, each one.

OP
K

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
You are the best, Carol :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
>Sigh< I can never keep my mouth shut...

No matter what party, politics, religion (or none), sexual orientation, genetic
background, color of skin and any other interests/beliefs you have, belong to
and/or participate in...we can all agree that America is in BIG trouble and there
doesn't seem to be any real leadership at her helm. We, as a people, have become
divided and it IS the political parties that have done this and we have allowed it.

I have stopped listening to any of them and, in fact, have stopped voting because
I believe, it is not WE, the people, calling the shots and haven't for longer than I
suspect it done. Government is intrusive and over reaching the function it was
created to do and the purpose it was created for, it is now~the wrecking ball~
not Miley Cyrus!

Much love to all here and may GOD bless us, each one.

Much agreed, and I agree w/those above... NO POLITICS!!! God help me FB is bad enough... LOL

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Agreed no politics. With the different beliefs everyone has there is no right or wrong just arguments, hurt feelings and friendships lost.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
A friend attended the funeral of her son's '30 something' friends who'd lost
their newborn within a day of birth. She reported that many of the women
were dressed as if to go clubbing~too much makeup, minis, low cut tops &
stilettos...all this while looking at a tiny white casket.

Sexy is not about nakedness, lack of modesty, shock value or immoral behavior.

Self respect, dignity, womanliness, self awareness, mystery & confidence create
sexiness and of course pride...a proud woman will not cheapen herself and knows,
she'll never have to.

Well said, Carol! I am continually amazed at how women dress today! We have had to incorporate a new dress code in our program for students so that we don't have to see cleavage--front or back. The lack of self-respect (or maybe just the lack of a good mirror) makes me very sad. When I think about how hard we worked to be taken seriously in the 60s and 70s, I am saddened by what I see as a setback in women's issues. I partied with the best of them (sure wish I had known you then!) but never cheapened myself.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Umm [MENTION=7749]ChrisRN[/MENTION]. I resemble some of those remarks :blush: but love ya! And I may be easy but I'm not cheap, lol. However, I do agree there is a time and a place for certain attire.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
My differing opinions would NEVER come between any here, just too much love on
either side! I am not the typical Christian, came to Jesus late in life and it's a personal
thang, a one-on-one between me & Him. WHO am I to preach to someone else? I leave
that to Jesus too.

When I was maybe 3rd grade so 9 or 10 y/o, Mother was railing against black people.
She'd been listening to Ali and she thought him arrogant (and uppity, I'm sure). I'd
listened to her takes on what was happening in America and remember being surprised,
confused and scared...scared because I didn't agree at all with her racial profiling and
hate talk, scared because I loved Mother and that she was such a good person and that
she could think this way and scared because it was happening all over America...on TV.

Gathering all my courage, I confronted Mother with...What if your skin was black? What if
people treated you less than an animal? Don't you think they feel the same way about life
as you do, to work, to live, to raise their kids in good schools in good neighborhoods?

I don't really remember her replies (don't think she had any really) just her surprise.

Sadly, I don't think it made her think any deeper or changed her mind, Mother was a product
of her time & not enough education and/or exposure to the world other than rural farming in
Arkansas.

I was born in 1955 and even at 10, I understood that the majority of people were led in their
opinions, beliefs & actions by following unscrupulous, greedy & selfish 'leaders' working their
own agendas and NOT for the betterment of their constituents. I became an individualist and
stayed that way, independent, rebellious & suspicious of power, money & might as it seems,
it is not handled well, generously or thoughtfully.

Diversity need not divide us but could empower us all if we would break free of the mind police
and the shackles we willingly allow to restrain us from action. There is a reason there has been
the dumbing down of our schools for years and we are seeing the results.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.