Thread: Miley Cyrus and the American condition

Pet Sitter
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Luca Brasi
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Miley Cyrus and the American condition

I have the punisher skull covering my entire upper body and the guy from evil dead tattooed on my arm and the misfits skull on my calve. Maybe I'm not the guy people would wanna see with their daughter either to be fair.

If my dog doesn't doesnt go to heaven then neither am I.

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

@Kross225 I feel much better about this topic now that the man is included. Thank you. And as you can tell there is nothing mainstream about me. BTW, in that scene there was all the straight edge bands. I think WE are all role models for children, whether we know them or not. Every time we do something in public, someone's child may be watching. But we as parents and role models have the capability to really affect the way our child reacts to this garbage. For example, my daughter has the unlucky straw to have a psych nurse as a mom. Words like "Inappropriate behavior" is common vocabulary by me and now my children. My friend took her to a demolition derby last night at our small Spokane fair. Well, I guess my daughter and her friend (both 11) were checking this lady out because of her outfit ( a sports bra and high waisted shorts ) and behavior. When the girls were looking, the lady lifted her sports bra and showed her breasts to her husband. The girls saw it all. And my beautiful, strong daughter told me early this am when I got back from the Seahawks game and went to kiss he goodnight, "Mom she did that in a public place at a family event. It was inappropriate." I was never so proud of her! So take that Miley, Robin and all those pukes that want to influence my daughter!! I don't want to get all Kumbaya on you, but together we can out influence any of them!!

I'm a good girl, I promise

Pet Sitter
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Luca Brasi
    Likes (Received)

If only Sargent Joe Friday was still alive....

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I agree, but I take offense to the disclaimer that you are not a Republican or a conservative. The American public has been told over and over again that we are something that we are not. A true Republican is against ANY governmental intervention in our lives--including censorship. And being a conservative has nothing to do with Christian principles, though that's not what the media would have you believe. Don't forget--it was Al Gore's Democrat wife who wanted ratings on music--an idea that had the music community up in arms. There are a few nut jobs in every party, but don't condemn us all. That's all I'll say about that.

I think what Miley Cyrus did was disgusting, but so very predictable, as you said. It wasn't just predictable for a Disney kid, but also for a network that wants to boost their ratings. I do love your comparison to a Clydesdale! Thanks for the laugh!!

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Pet Sitter
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Luca Brasi
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRN View Post
    I agree, but I take offense to the disclaimer that you are not a Republican or a conservative. The American public has been told over and over again that we are something that we are not. A true Republican is against ANY governmental intervention in our lives--including censorship. And being a conservative has nothing to do with Christian principles, though that's not what the media would have you believe. Don't forget--it was Al Gore's Democrat wife who wanted ratings on music--an idea that had the music community up in arms. There are a few nut jobs in every party, but don't condemn us all. That's all I'll say about that.

I think what Miley Cyrus did was disgusting, but so very predictable, as you said. It wasn't just predictable for a Disney kid, but also for a network that wants to boost their ratings. I do love your comparison to a Clydesdale! Thanks for the laugh!!
    Sorry Chris. You're right. Tipper gore did lead the campaign for censorship. I didn't mean to single out republicans (although I kinda did). I just wanted to establish that I wasn't one of those moral majority bible thumpers you see outside the planned parenthood who think rape cannot cause a pregnancy if you pray hard enough. I am an NRA member. I am an owner of the now infamous ar-15 and have republican views on immigration and gun control. But the fore mentioned moral majority has become the new face of the GOP lately. I.E. Michelle Bauchman.
    Last edited by Kross225; 09-17-2013 at 07:29 AM.

Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kross225 View Post
    Sorry Chris. You're right. Tipper gore did lead the campaign for censorship. I didn't mean to single out republicans (although I kinda did). I just wanted to establish that I wasn't one of those moral majority bible thumpers you see outside the planned parenthood who think rape cannot cause a pregnancy if you pray hard enough. I am an NRA member. I am an owner of the now infamous ar-15 and have republican views on immigration and gun control. But the fore mentioned moral majority has become the new face of the GOP lately. I.E. Michelle Bauchman.
    I think the thumpers have hurt the party. I used to be VERY active in politics, but dropped out because they were hijacking us. There are extremists on both sides of the fence. Unfortunately when idiots like those at Westboro get involved, it makes the mainstream news--"Look how crazy those Republicans are!" I have gotten a little sensitive--sorry. I got in a huge argument with a "friend" of my daughter's last night about this same thing, so my feelings were kind of raw. I still love ya!

Pet Sitter
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Luca Brasi
    Likes (Received)

I think the thumpers have hurt the party. I used to be VERY active in politics, but dropped out because they were hijacking us. There are extremists on both sides of the fence. Unfortunately when idiots like those at Westboro get involved, it makes the mainstream news--"Look how crazy those Republicans are!" I have gotten a little sensitive--sorry. I got in a huge argument with a "friend" of my daughter's last night about this same thing, so my feelings were kind of raw. I still love ya!
    Forget Reverend Phelps and the westboro baptist church. What killed the party was putting Santorum, Bauchman And Newt up at the forefront.
    It was like saying "these three homophobic Jesus freaks are the best we could come up with".
    It actually made Romney (the guy who believes in magic underpants and Jesus was American) seem like the rational choice for the country.

Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I am not going to debate this here. Just know that many of your opinions have been shaped by your news sources, as have mine. You can say what you want about my candidates and I can counter with comments about yours, including the president. This is my last post about this subject. It raises my blood pressure--not worth it!

Pet Sitter
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Luca Brasi
    Likes (Received)

I am not going to debate this here. Just know that many of your opinions have been shaped by your news sources, as have mine. You can say what you want about my candidates and I can counter with comments about yours, including the president. This is my last post about this subject. It raises my blood pressure--not worth it!
    The president isn't my candidate. I'm not a Demmy. I just happen to be pro choice and pro gay rites and and for that reason I wouldn't not be accepted by the GOP in spite of my love for the second amendment and acknowledgment of the need for tougher immigration laws.

At least that's what my news sources and not common sense or life experiences have led me to believe.
    Last edited by Kross225; 09-17-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

I Declare A Politics Free Zone!!

And I love politics..but not here....Jake doesn't approve!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post

I Declare A Politics Free Zone!!

And I love politics..but not here....Jake doesn't approve!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Pet Sitter
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Luca Brasi
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    :::::::::::taking my ball and going home::::::

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads