Praying for our troops in Afghanistan...

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
In case some of you don't know, our consulate in Afghanistan was attacked sometime yesterday. I got word last night, and I haven't heard from my hubby yet... he was not in that area. I had a hard time sleeping last night :*( I realize that Miley Cyrus' new video seems to be all the media can focus on lately :cursing: but we STILL have troops fighting over there!!! Please keep them & their families in your prayers, God knows they need them...

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
They deserve a lot more support from the media than they get.... Please thank your hubby for his service from us.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Keeping you and your hubby in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you hear from him soon.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I too hope you hear from you husband soon, Tracey. Lots of prayers, thoughts and hugs out to you, your husband, and those serving our country.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sorry I didn't meant to rant... I know that you guys care, and I really appreciate it!!! :D I'm just mad that it took me 20min last night on the internet to find out any info, ended up on a foreign website... so irritating!!! :angry: I talked to my hubby yesterday, they were supposed to move out sometime late today... I'm sure that's changed.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Of course you, your husband and all the troops are in my thoughts. I have been in similar shoes to yours many times. The anxiety and fear whenever a strike occurs, whether from our troops or against them. Any time you need to vent, I am here. Nothing like another military wife, even though my time is over

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Sorry I didn't meant to rant... I know that you guys care, and I really appreciate it!!! :D I'm just mad that it took me 20min last night on the internet to find out any info, ended up on a foreign website... so irritating!!! :angry: I talked to my hubby yesterday, they were supposed to move out sometime late today... I'm sure that's changed.

No need to apologize, if we had family there we would certainly want instant details too! In fairness, a lot of it is the time difference. I did see it as breaking news on our 11 o'clock news last night and it was one of top stories on early news. Just glad it was not worse as far as casualties. As we leave, this is going to increase...it's much harder to get out than get in..and do it as safely as possible.

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Praying for you and your husband! My husband is also an active duty Marine. Last year he was deployed to Afghanistan and was in the area when they attacked the base that Prince William and the British troops were at. I was talking to him on the computer when he suddenly had to leave! I know how stressful it is. Please know I will continue to pray for the safety of your husband until he returns home. If you ever need someone to vent/chat about it I'm here for you! It always helps when someone has been thru the same thing!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My thoughts and prayers are with all your guys and a safe return of all US personal.

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Holly, Amy and myself are very thankful for your hubbys service!

Try looking at the BBC. I think they are way better than our media. IMO our media is more interested in sensational crap than anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake

Try looking at the BBC. I think they are way better than our media. IMO our media is more interested in sensational crap than anything else.

WHAT? Wait...you mean you aren't interested in The Kardashians and Miley Cyrus?? :faint:

;)

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Praying for you and your husband! My husband is also an active duty Marine. Last year he was deployed to Afghanistan and was in the area when they attacked the base that Prince William and the British troops were at. I was talking to him on the computer when he suddenly had to leave! I know how stressful it is. Please know I will continue to pray for the safety of your husband until he returns home. If you ever need someone to vent/chat about it I'm here for you! It always helps when someone has been thru the same thing!
Thank you Jessica... We were on Skype one time & an alarm sounded, he had to go!!! Thankfully he called me back to say everything was ok... of course my nerves were shot!!! LOL

- - - Updated - - -

That's so funny... I ended up on BBC website last night!!! ;)

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
WHAT? Wait...you mean you aren't interested in The Kardashians and Miley Cyrus?? :faint:

;)
I know RIGHT?!! Who the hell is interested in this total :poo:???!!! They will tell you what they had for breakfast & who's preg w/so & so's baby... but GOD forbid we talk about a blast overseas!!! :yell:

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
It is sad that latest celebs news taking over things that are more important not only for our troops and their families but for the rest of us -my husband is a veteran ,he stopped watching and reading news due to the crap media write about
I salute you and your husband -you both making great sacrifices for us and future generations , i wish him safe return xxx

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.