Interview help...

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
So I am looking at getting a new job closer to home (like 10 mins verses 45 mins) (i'll be able to go home and let loki out and play everyday for about 45 mins), better hours so he isn't home alone for such long periods and not to mention better pay. I haven't had to interview for a job in probably 7 years and always used to get tangles up in the what are your weaknesses questions, tell me how you hadled "x" situation. Anyone have any tips?

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Many people think the interviewer wants to hear the usual reply like "I tend to put too much pressure on myself" or "Im a perfectionist". I say keep it simple..say my weakness? English Bulldogs! My heart melts when i see one!

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Many people think the interviewer wants to hear the usual reply like "I tend to put too much pressure on myself" or "Im a perfectionist". I say keep it simple..say my weakness? English Bulldogs! My heart melts when i see one!

HA HA I will totally open with that! Then follow it with... *crickets chipping*

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I love Jim's suggestion and it will be a great ice breaker! However, what I have seen/heard from people interviewing, is more behavioral and situation type questioning opposed to strength/weakness.

What field is this in?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Wish I could be of more help but I haven't had to interview for a new job in 17 years. I have had several promotion interviews though and while different there are a lot of similarities. Best I can tell you is to be honest not only to the interviewer but yourself as well.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Google this and you will find some examples to use...I did!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
We do performance based interviewing at the VA and have done some interviews this week. We look for completion of the questions and as someone else said, honesty and congruency. We do ask them to give an example of how your named strength helped with patient care.

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
I love Jim's suggestion and it will be a great ice breaker! However, what I have seen/heard from people interviewing, is more behavioral and situation type questioning opposed to strength/weakness.

What field is this in?

To answer the question it is a position at a hospital for an Administrative Assistant to the VP of Senior Services. I can finally do something with my associates!

I just hate that question "tell me what some of your weaknesses are..." my response in the past is that I have OCD which makes me focus on details that most people tend to skip over.

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Good ice breaker, I would say that in an interview. Google common interview questions and prepare, prepare, prepare.
Dont think you are, know you are. You can do this!!!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
To answer the question it is a position at a hospital for an Administrative Assistant to the VP of Senior Services. I can finally do something with my associates!

I just hate that question "tell me what some of your weaknesses are..." my response in the past is that I have OCD which makes me focus on details that most people tend to skip over.

Good Luck in your interview.

I like the OCD comment.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Good Luck with your Interview.

When I was interviewing people for jobs I looked for honesty and if were genuine people, I learnt over the years people that rattled on about big noting themselves usually turned out to be all bull:poo: as when they start work they know absolutely nothing and were mostly lazy.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.