Downtown Manhattan today

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
I work in the city almost everyday. Pretty much 99% of the time. Naturally I'm downtown today by Wall st. It's business as usual today. Nobody is apprehensive or on edge. It might have been on everyone's mind on the way in this morning but that faded quick. New Yorkers don't get rattled too easily. We just keep it moving and come what may.
I posted this in case the rest of the country was curios about what we do in the city every year on September 11th. We don't waste time dwelling on that day years ago. Mostly because it's a part of us. People in other states may take a moment or two to be reminded of what happened but we don't need to watch the news or listen to the radio as they read off all the names. We are the names. Our friends and family members and neighbors that went down with towers are as familiar to us as anything we already know.
I do miss the skyline though. I gotta admit that. The new tower just doesn't have the same majesty that the twins had. Oh well...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well said....

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I miss the skyline as well. The view is not the same when you fly in there now.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Well said
The first time I went to NY was in 2000 saw the twin towers and got photos next time I went the were gone and such an eerie feeling and since going again saw the new building being built. New York is my favourite place in the world.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
The most horrific day in my NYPD career...and the following 3 months I spent down there. I still can't talk about it. Its always there but words never seem to do it justice.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The most horrific day in my NYPD career...and the following 3 months I spent down there. I still can't talk about it. Its always there but words never seem to do it justice.

But I thank you for doing that. It means the world to me and a bunch of Americans Jim.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)

I have a whole new respect for you, my EBN friend!! Thank you for your service to freedom and what is right in this world. And some days, I question if anything is. But then people like you make me appreciate America even more. :heart:

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel

Jim, you are one of my heroes. I was incredibly moved by the dedication of the thousands of people who worked tirelessly to find survivors and then kept working when hope was lost. This tragedy still moves me to tears because of the lives that were lost in such a senseless, cowardly act. I have a friend whose brother died from leukemia, thought to be a result of fumes inhaled while working in the aftermath at the site. I pray that you suffer no ill effects, other than the horrible memories, my friend. Love you much! :hug2:

Last edited:

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
But I thank you for doing that. It means the world to me and a bunch of Americans Jim.

I have a whole new respect for you, my EBN friend!! Thank you for your service to freedom and what is right in this world. And some days, I question if anything is. But then people like you make me appreciate America even more. :heart:

Jim, you are one of my heroes. I was incredibly moved by the dedication of the thousands of people who worked tirelessly to find survivors and then kept working when hope was lost. This tragedy still moves me to tears because of the lives that were lost in such a senseless, cowardly act. I have a friend whose brother died from leukemia, thought to be a result of fumes inhaled while working in the aftermath at the site. I pray that you suffer no ill effects, other than the horrible memories, my friend. Love you much! :hug2:
well I thank you all for your kind words..and the few sentences I wrote on here is probably the most i've talked about it since it happened..and even that's because there's some level of anonymity here. I cant tell you how many stories ive heard over the years from people looking for some kind of credit or attention for whatever role they played that day. In my opinion it just takes away from the memory of the 2700 plus innocent people who lost their lives...and that is where the focus should always be.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.