ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
This day has a special place in my heart and life. Not because I personally lost someone in the initial tragedy like some of you. When 9/11 occurred, I was living on Camp Pendleton (a Marine base in So Cal) and we knew what in meant to us and ours immediately. We were on lock down on the base for days and the air was so tense waiting for word on whose husband or wife was going to fight the good fight. My ex husband went very quickly since he was special Forces and went many times after to Iraq and Afghanistan. I lost friends and eventually my marriage to this fight. I continue to see the aftermath as a psych RN at the VA. Everyday I take care of soldiers, airmen and sailors that have PTSD or physical trauma from this campaign that continues. It breaks my heart yet gives me hope that we still see youth enter the service to defend our freedom knowing the cost.

:angelheart: I can't imagine some of the things you encounter in the patients you have. I wasn't aware you work with the VA. God bless you for the work you do. You are definitely one of my nurse heroes. Somehow, I believe you will end up in one of my lectures.

Members online

No members online now.