football smack talk thread

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
I seen to recall a 10 or so year span that the vast majority of the Cowboys were criminals of some sort. Personally they need to be held to much higher standards and any and all convicted criminals should be banned from ever playing in the NFL again. Traffic tickets for speeding are one thing but beating your wife/girlfriend, DUI manslaughter, drugs, murder etc... are another thing and have no place in the pros where many are looked at as supposed role models for children.

But what if the NY Giants passed on LT because of his proclivity for criminality? It would have been a nice gesture and speak volumes to the organizations commitment to morality but in the same breath they would have passed on (arguably) the greatest defensive player in history. That's a tough call

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
But what if the NY Giants passed on LT because of his proclivity for criminality? It would have been a nice gesture and speak volumes to the organizations commitment to morality but in the same breath they would have passed on (arguably) the greatest defensive player in history. That's a tough call
You are right it is a tough call and he was a standout player during a time where there were some unbelievable defensive talent on several teams. The bulk of LT's problems began in his second year in the league. Was he a light drug user before then? Probably. Back in the early 80's the NFL was still finding it's way and was not the juggernaut it is today. The momentum swing for NFL started with the 84/85 season and Superbowl 20 and has continued to grow year after year. In the past 10 years over 500 NFL players have been arrested (not all convicted) with a 75% year over year increase in player arrests between the Superbowl on 2/4/13 and 7/8/13 compared to the same period after the 2012 Superbowl with an average of 0.78 players per team being arrested for something in the off season.

Here is a list of all NFL players arrested between 1/14/2004 and 9/5/2013: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/

Many of the arrests are for petty stuff but there are some major crimes listed that some players continued to play for a few more year. Donte Stallworth for example. He gets drunk. Drives home, kills a man and fled the scene. Only served 24 days in jail, 2 years house arrest and a 1 year suspension from the NFL and played for 3 more years before being cut by Washington last month. To me he should have never been allowed back in the NFL to begin with.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Look what Lisa gave us.....

:football: :kick:

kristier25

Dec 25, 2012
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Bentley
College football is where it is at. GO DAWGS!!!! Hoping to be the champs this year. Bama did in A&M which was a close call but still glad Bama won. Not a fan of ANY:w00t: Texas team. Love the falcons too. Was so happy Gonzalez decided to come back for one more year.

uga pic.jpg

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
A&M did themselves in. Take away the 2 picks and close the 10 mile wide holes in the defense for just one series and the score is reversed. Either way it was a great game to watch.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
College football is where it is at. GO DAWGS!!!! Hoping to be the champs this year. Bama did in A&M which was a close call but still glad Bama won. Not a fan of ANY:w00t: Texas team. Love the falcons too. Was so happy Gonzalez decided to come back for one more year.

View attachment 55596

NICE AVATAR!!!!!!! LOVE IT and love Uga :)

OP
agingermom

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Well boys [MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION] [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] @kross125 . My day as a Seahawk fan has begun. On our way to the bus for the drunken ride and then Sunday night football here we come. I guess they are worried about fans fighting, which is more of a Raider issue, so tbey have cops dressed in 49er jerseys. I will wave at you all!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Well boys @pdolphin27 @Chumley @kross125 . My day as a Seahawk fan has begun. On our way to the bus for the drunken ride and then Sunday night football here we come. I guess they are worried about fans fighting, which is more of a Raider issue, so tbey have cops dressed in 49er jerseys. I will wave at you all!
Sounds like fun! Have a great time!

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
Let us see Which Manning brother gets the wet willy from his brother after the game.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.