Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 85 to 96 of 293

Thread: football smack talk thread

  1. #85
    ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    agingermom's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    4,255
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    555

    Default Re: football smack talk thread

    This is such an awesome thread!! This is so what I wanted when I started it!! Did I mention Go Hawks, which is where I will be Sunday night!!


    I'm a good girl, I promise

  2. #86
    Pet Sitter
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    373
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Luca Brasi
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: football smack talk thread

    Quote Originally Posted by agingermom View Post
    This is such an awesome thread!! This is so what I wanted when I started it!! Did I mention Go Hawks, which is where I will be Sunday night!!
    Troublemaker

    If my dog doesn't doesnt go to heaven then neither am I.





  3. #87
    ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    agingermom's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    4,255
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    555

    Default Re: football smack talk thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kross225 View Post
    Troublemaker
    I resemble that remark


    I'm a good girl, I promise

  4. #88
    Pet Sitter
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    373
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Luca Brasi
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: football smack talk thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    Thats BS Mike! All YOU need is a pair of handcuffs to be a pathetic patsie.
    Some of the greatest NFL players in history are multiple felons. The for mentioned Lawrence Taylor (greatest linebacker ever), OJ Simpson ect ect ect.

    If my dog doesn't doesnt go to heaven then neither am I.





  5. #89
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: football smack talk thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kross225 View Post
    Some of the greatest NFL players in history are multiple felons. The for mentioned Lawrence Taylor (greatest linebacker ever), OJ Simpson ect ect ect.

    Well put. Reggie Bush is a Lion.......

  6. #90
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Marine91's Avatar
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Blips and Chitz
    Posts
    8,480
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2585

    Default Re: football smack talk thread

    I seen to recall a 10 or so year span that the vast majority of the Cowboys were criminals of some sort. Personally they need to be held to much higher standards and any and all convicted criminals should be banned from ever playing in the NFL again. Traffic tickets for speeding are one thing but beating your wife/girlfriend, DUI manslaughter, drugs, murder etc... are another thing and have no place in the pros where many are looked at as supposed role models for children.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

  7. #91
    Pet Sitter
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    373
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Luca Brasi
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: football smack talk thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    I seen to recall a 10 or so year span that the vast majority of the Cowboys were criminals of some sort. Personally they need to be held to much higher standards and any and all convicted criminals should be banned from ever playing in the NFL again. Traffic tickets for speeding are one thing but beating your wife/girlfriend, DUI manslaughter, drugs, murder etc... are another thing and have no place in the pros where many are looked at as supposed role models for children.
    But what if the NY Giants passed on LT because of his proclivity for criminality? It would have been a nice gesture and speak volumes to the organizations commitment to morality but in the same breath they would have passed on (arguably) the greatest defensive player in history. That's a tough call

    If my dog doesn't doesnt go to heaven then neither am I.





  8. #92
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Marine91's Avatar
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Blips and Chitz
    Posts
    8,480
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2585

    Default Re: football smack talk thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kross225 View Post
    But what if the NY Giants passed on LT because of his proclivity for criminality? It would have been a nice gesture and speak volumes to the organizations commitment to morality but in the same breath they would have passed on (arguably) the greatest defensive player in history. That's a tough call
    You are right it is a tough call and he was a standout player during a time where there were some unbelievable defensive talent on several teams. The bulk of LT's problems began in his second year in the league. Was he a light drug user before then? Probably. Back in the early 80's the NFL was still finding it's way and was not the juggernaut it is today. The momentum swing for NFL started with the 84/85 season and Superbowl 20 and has continued to grow year after year. In the past 10 years over 500 NFL players have been arrested (not all convicted) with a 75% year over year increase in player arrests between the Superbowl on 2/4/13 and 7/8/13 compared to the same period after the 2012 Superbowl with an average of 0.78 players per team being arrested for something in the off season.

    Here is a list of all NFL players arrested between 1/14/2004 and 9/5/2013: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/

    Many of the arrests are for petty stuff but there are some major crimes listed that some players continued to play for a few more year. Donte Stallworth for example. He gets drunk. Drives home, kills a man and fled the scene. Only served 24 days in jail, 2 years house arrest and a 1 year suspension from the NFL and played for 3 more years before being cut by Washington last month. To me he should have never been allowed back in the NFL to begin with.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

  9. #93
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,168
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11501

    Default Re: football smack talk thread

    Look what Lisa gave us.....

    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  10. #94
    Potty Trainer kristier25's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kristie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    52
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Bentley
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: football smack talk thread

    College football is where it is at. GO DAWGS!!!! Hoping to be the champs this year. Bama did in A&M which was a close call but still glad Bama won. Not a fan of ANY Texas team. Love the falcons too. Was so happy Gonzalez decided to come back for one more year.

    -uga-pic-jpg

  11. #95
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Marine91's Avatar
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Blips and Chitz
    Posts
    8,480
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2585

    Default Re: football smack talk thread

    A&M did themselves in. Take away the 2 picks and close the 10 mile wide holes in the defense for just one series and the score is reversed. Either way it was a great game to watch.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

  12. #96
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: football smack talk thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kristier25 View Post
    College football is where it is at. GO DAWGS!!!! Hoping to be the champs this year. Bama did in A&M which was a close call but still glad Bama won. Not a fan of ANY Texas team. Love the falcons too. Was so happy Gonzalez decided to come back for one more year.

    -uga-pic-jpg
    NICE AVATAR!!!!!!! LOVE IT and love Uga

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •