Castles, Ruins and Harry Potter :D (picture heavy)

L

Lucy-licious

A recent holiday took us to the Scottish Borders and a small seaside village called Berwick-upon-Tweed.
Being on the Borders of Scotland and on the East coast of England means that Berwick and the surrounding area has been a stronghold for England against not only Scottish invasion but also Roman and Viking invasions.
It is therefor not surprising that there are many castles in the area in various states of disrepair.

So for the pleasure of [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] and those of you with an interest...I decided to post a few scenic holiday snaps taken by my wonderfully tallented hubby.

Etal Castle.

Ford castle.

Horseshoe Forge..originally the village blacksmiths.

Norham Castle

Alnwick castle (Hogwarts n the first 2 movies)

Of course you cant have Hogwarts without :hagrid:

Lindisfarne Priory on Holy Island

and Lidisfarne castle.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
What an awesome place to visit. Definitely somewhere I'd like to put on my bucket list.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh I love these pics... I've been to England once & I absolutely LOVED it there!!! Please post away... like a mini-vaca!!! LOL :D

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Wonderful pics. One day I will be back in the UK to see all these wonderful places. :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Thanx so much for posting those Angie. I love castles and would love to go there. ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So gorgeous...... what a sight! Thanks for sharing - looks like it was perfect weather too

OP
L

Lucy-licious

So gorgeous...... what a sight! Thanks for sharing - looks like it was perfect weather too

Well it didnt rain :) had a couple of hot sunny days though...sun bit my shoulders bad LOL

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The only picture showing on my phone is the last one :(. I hope I can see it in my PC tomorrow morning!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Look at you! And your son is darling too!!

These pics rock...great shots (thanks Hubby) these castles are so fabulous.

Thank you for sharing...it IS like a vacation :)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Wow its gorgeous!!!!! The pictures are amazing and let me tell you Chris takes great photos :2thumbs: Thank you for sharing!!! I cant imagine what it was like to be there in person

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh man oh man I wish I could go to those..... absolutely amazing!!! Especially of course Alnwick castle! Jeaaaaaallllouuuuuuuus!!!!!!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
...and you KNOW they gotta be HAUNTED! :w00t:

Fabulous shots! If I lived in Europe, I swear, I'd never be home on the weekends!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Beautiful pictures, Angie! I so want to see it all! I keep asking Bill why we're waiting!!!! Someday I will just make the reservations and tell him to pack!

OP
L

Lucy-licious

I sometimes think thats the only way [MENTION=7749]ChrisRN[/MENTION]....book it first and you always find the money to pay and spend. I would love to help you plan a UK trip.
There is so much see and do, beautiful walks, stunning scenery, exploring London and searching for Loch Ness. Ruins, stone circles, caverns and cliffs....for a very small country we really do have it all. And everywhere is reachable in just a day, no matter where you are xx

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.