Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thought I would share my exsperience with you

Bulldog Vet in Training gatorfan85's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr.Beefy
    Likes (Received)

Default thought I would share my exsperience with you

So Yesterday I learned about the world of transport and rescueing without rescue ties. All I can say is Yikes!!!! I thought I was going to lose my mind. I have come to the conclusion that a stranger can be your best friend in a time of crisis. People I didnt even know dropped everything to help me rescue a deaf AB at MDAS who was scheduled for euthanasia. I learned what is involved in pulling dogs(which i've done before) and how it differs with different shelters. I was slightly perplexed by some things because I see a rescue situation as do or die; meaning if someone doesnt help this dog, it will die. But with the help of some new "great" friends who in my eyes are "angels" we saved the life of a deaf dog. I never thought that I could help organize something like this but I did and without the kind strangers he would not be going to his fur-ever home tomorrow. Happy to say I helped save a life4

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: thought I would share my exsperience with you

way to go leslie!!! that was awesome what you did glad you could help him out in sooo many ways. he looks healthy what happened to the previous owners?

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

Oh Man!!! He looks alot like my LeRoy!!! You are and will be forever this dogs guardian angel!!! Way to go!!!!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

That is so awesome to hear!!! I think you have earned a pair of wings my dear!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

God blees you and all that were involved in that rescue! It brought tears to my eyes just reading how passionate and caring you are for this very lucky bullie. Thank You!

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Nikki
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
    Likes (Received)

What an amazing thing you did!! Thanks to you, and all those who helped you, he will get a chance at the life he deserves.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr.Beefy
    Likes (Received)

His previous owners dumped him at the shelter because he was deaf....The sad thing is when i had someone at the shelter pulling him he had a couple wanting to adopt him, the puller called me immediately and I had her ask the staff if they told the family he was deaf.Well when they did the couple said, "oh nevermind". I swear I think I am turing into a big baby because I have been crying every five minutes lol. I recieved an email from the first two legs and they said he is a "big luver", and he likes to ride in the front seat so he can be next you." Hopefully this will be the start of something great!! The adopter who is co-fownder of a rescue in GA wants to help pull some of the AB's here in FL. WHich would be AWESOME because there are so many. So I am trying to help her with contacting local rescues and pullers so they can help with some AB's.

Potty Trainer Ann Farley Hamilton's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hamilton's Irish Mack we call him Mack and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

@gatorfan85 See it wasn't all bad was it. It felt good in the end to know he's safe now and going to have a great place to live. Brook just bid on a new house and I think she got it, more room for the dogs and safer yard for Burke. So aren't you glad I asked for your help, come on you know you are. You helped me when I needed it and I say thanks. Without the transport you did he wouldn't be going home tomorrow, just shows what team work does. You did a great job, can't thank you enough for the help.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

That's awesome gatorfan! Bless you for that! I don't know where our homeless pets in the world would be without kind hearted people like you. Oh and he is so handsome, I love Americans

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr.Beefy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ann Farley Hamilton View Post
    @gatorfan85 See it wasn't all bad was it. It felt good in the end to know he's safe now and going to have a great place to live. Brook just bid on a new house and I think she got it, more room for the dogs and safer yard for Burke. So aren't you glad I asked for your help, come on you know you are. You helped me when I needed it and I say thanks. Without the transport you did he wouldn't be going home tomorrow, just shows what team work does. You did a great job, can't thank you enough for the help.
    You know I am glad @Ann Farley Hamilton ...now I know how u feel when u do transport and know they are going to a furever home instead of Rainbow Bridge. I told you ...that you are a Saint. Just trying to do my part, hopefully we can all put ourselves out there and feel the joy of saving a life.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

You are amazing! Thanks for all you do!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Wow .. I was following your story on facebook and then I had to go and teach some classes so had to leave the computer ....SO glad all your wonderful work really saved him!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads