thought I would share my exsperience with you

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
So Yesterday I learned about the world of transport and rescueing without rescue ties. All I can say is Yikes:eek:!!!! I thought I was going to lose my mind. I have come to the conclusion that a stranger can be your best friend in a time of crisis. People I didnt even know dropped everything to help me rescue a deaf AB at MDAS who was scheduled for euthanasia. I learned what is involved in pulling dogs(which i've done before) and how it differs with different shelters. I was slightly perplexed by some things because I see a rescue situation as do or die; meaning if someone doesnt help this dog, it will die. But with the help of some new "great" friends who in my eyes are "angels" we saved the life of a deaf dog. I never thought that I could help organize something like this but I did and without the kind strangers he would not be going to his fur-ever home tomorrow. Happy to say I helped save a life:heart:4

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
way to go leslie!!! that was awesome what you did glad you could help him out in sooo many ways. he looks healthy what happened to the previous owners?

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Oh Man!!! He looks alot like my LeRoy!!! You are and will be forever this dogs guardian angel!!! Way to go!!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That is so awesome to hear!!! I think you have earned a pair of wings my dear!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
God blees you and all that were involved in that rescue! It brought tears to my eyes just reading how passionate and caring you are for this very lucky bullie. Thank You! :)

OP
gatorfan85

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
His previous owners dumped him at the shelter because he was deaf....The sad thing is when i had someone at the shelter pulling him he had a couple wanting to adopt him, the puller called me immediately and I had her ask the staff if they told the family he was deaf.Well when they did the couple said, "oh nevermind". I swear I think I am turing into a big baby because I have been crying every five minutes lol. I recieved an email from the first two legs and they said he is a "big luver", and he likes to ride in the front seat so he can be next you." Hopefully this will be the start of something great!! The adopter who is co-fownder of a rescue in GA wants to help pull some of the AB's here in FL. WHich would be AWESOME because there are so many. So I am trying to help her with contacting local rescues and pullers so they can help with some AB's.

Ann Farley Hamilton

Jul 21, 2010
Brookline, NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Hamilton's Irish Mack we call him Mack and Blossom
[MENTION=355]gatorfan85[/MENTION] See it wasn't all bad was it. It felt good in the end to know he's safe now and going to have a great place to live. Brook just bid on a new house and I think she got it, more room for the dogs and safer yard for Burke. So aren't you glad I asked for your help, come on you know you are. You helped me when I needed it and I say thanks. Without the transport you did he wouldn't be going home tomorrow, just shows what team work does. You did a great job, can't thank you enough for the help.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
That's awesome gatorfan! Bless you for that! I don't know where our homeless pets in the world would be without kind hearted people like you. Oh and he is so handsome, I love Americans :heart::bully:

OP
gatorfan85

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
[MENTION=355]gatorfan85[/MENTION] See it wasn't all bad was it. It felt good in the end to know he's safe now and going to have a great place to live. Brook just bid on a new house and I think she got it, more room for the dogs and safer yard for Burke. So aren't you glad I asked for your help, come on you know you are. You helped me when I needed it and I say thanks. Without the transport you did he wouldn't be going home tomorrow, just shows what team work does. You did a great job, can't thank you enough for the help.
You know I am glad [MENTION=897]Ann Farley Hamilton[/MENTION] ...now I know how u feel when u do transport and know they are going to a furever home instead of Rainbow Bridge. I told you ...that you are a Saint. Just trying to do my part, hopefully we can all put ourselves out there and feel the joy of saving a life.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Wow .. I was following your story on facebook and then I had to go and teach some classes so had to leave the computer ....SO glad all your wonderful work really saved him!!!

OP
gatorfan85

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Burke is home with his new mommy!!!!!!
1118101633-00.jpg

1118101413-00.jpg
:heart:
All the transporters wanted to take him home!!! Everyone was SOO great I been crying all day long. These are some of the emails from the transporters and I have some pics!!
Well burke sure is a playfull and cuddly dude! Alex (the foster) was awesome and brought him to my house this morning. I handed him over to lois in west palm and they were back on the road about 9:10 on their way to meet maggie. You are all in for a treat with this big lug today! I would love to hear how the rest of his day went and of course when he is safe at home with his new mama!
Thanks everyone!
Jeri

IOh my gosh, I can't get over how friggin cute Burke is. Almost as cute as the "poopie boys". He looks so much like my Alby. And this was just one of the best transports. He has surely got his own fan club now. What an adventure on his way to a great new forever home. My grandson Tyler rode as co pilot and he kept saying, we should keep Burke and trade him for my Hannah the Horrible. Burke ate his cookies, was really serious about looking out the front window in the middle of the seat as if he were driving. Sat close to me and put his paw on my arm. He just loves lots of loving. It is those cookies they will do it every time. When I handed Burke over to Kelly, who is a first time transporter, she just could not get over this big boy and she was taking him back to her work place till time to meet Barbara in Jax. I am sure Burke was a big hit. If Barbara had not failed foster this past summer, I am sure she would have wanted to keep Burke for herself to.

Alex, Burke's foster had him so clean and sweet smelling and Burke knew exactly where to sit when his quilt was put in place.

What a sweet, sweet dog this big boy is. I hope his new mom keeps us updated on him, and just falls in love him the way we all have.

This was one of my best transports ever.

Thank you Ladies, you are the best!.

picked him up from Flavia around 2 this afternoon. We had a ball on the ride back to Jacksonville. I had a frappachino in the cup holder, he kept licking the straw so I gave in and let him have the rest of it... I know, bad person! He slept part of the way, and he snores, really loudly! We made it back to my office and hung out there until he was picked up just a few minutes ago. He was an awesome dog, a big mush, and anyone would be lucky to have him. Apparently there was a little mis-communication in the transport; Barbara was expecting to take him to exit 2 in Georgia from I-95, but Brook was expecting exit 2 off of I-75. Barbara made arrangements to get him there via her friend Kendra, so all is well. Barbara, I wish you could have met him... he would melt your heart. Bye Burkie, glad I got to meet you! The pleasure was all mine, and I hope you love your new home!!!

Kelly

Just spoke with Kendra; she is about 10 minutes away from the hand-off. She wanted me to tell you all he was a perfect little man on the ride to Georgia and snoozed most of the way. We both agreed that he was just about the coolest dog ever, and we both would totally adopt him if given the chance. What a little loverboy!! ;-)

Kelly

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.