The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Great pictures!! They are exactly what wedding pictures should be. You and your wife look so in love and just happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

We were and still are. Let me tell you a little story....

In 1992 I was just out of bootcamp and combat training heading to my tech school in Millington, TN. I was there for a couple of months doing the whole bachelor thing because I had had a really rough breakup with my fiance at the time and wasn't looking for anything serious. I am about half way through my aviation school and one of my barracks mates tells me he has a date with this girl and she has a friend and they would like me to come along to keep her company. I was really leery at first because I had a big test coming up in the next few days and I didn't do so well on the previous one and would have been kicked out of school had I failed it. I said to hell with it and told him i would go. This was around June 6th of 92 and it turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to me. We hit it off so good that night we started to see each other everyday when I would get out of school and she wasn't working. One small problem.... I knew I was leaving in a few months.. We fell deeply in love quickly. It just felt right. I discovered shortly after meeting her that her father was and instructor and the school I was attending and that her step father was the CO of another base so I was naturally starting to crap my pants and have second thoughts because what we were doing was an unwritten no no.....

Once again we said to hell with it. She lived on base with her dad and stepmom and the day finally came for me to meet them about 10 days later as they had been out of town. I walk in the door... Hear a "click" in front of me only to turn the corner to a 357 Magnum pointed at my head. you can just imagine what is going through my head. Her father only asked one question and much harsher language that I will type here. He asks me "Are you sleeping with my daughter?" To which I honestly replied and said yes. his reply was "Thank you for being honest. I don't have to shoot you now while laughing." We dated for another week or so and i told her that I didn't want to leave her and she was the one that suggested we get married. We talked about it and decided to go for it. I was 19 and she was 18 and believe it or not her dad and stepmom saw the same passion that we felt for one another and didn't have any issues with it. Her mom on the other hand wasn't too happy but she was in Norway and there wasn't much she could do but she really hated the fact that I was a Marine and only gave us 6 months before she would come running home.

We were married on July 31st 1992 in a small ceremony on base with a few family and friends in attendance. In September We left Millington, TN to start our lives together in NC and SC and haven't looked back. I love her to death and her dad and stepmom are two of my best friends and even me and her mother are now getting along, but it took us 17 years for that to happen. Sure we have had our ups and downs but who doesn't, but this year marked our 21st anniversary and we are still happy together I just wish I could collect on all the bets that only gave us 6 months to a year.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby

In 1992 I was just out of bootcamp and combat training heading to my tech school in Millington, TN. I was there for a couple of months doing the whole bachelor thing because I had had a really rough breakup with my fiance at the time and wasn't looking for anything serious. I am about half way through my aviation school and one of my barracks mates tells me he has a date with this girl and she has a friend and they would like me to come along to keep her company. I was really leery at first because I had a big test coming up in the next few days and I didn't do so well on the previous one and would have been kicked out of school had I failed it. I said to hell with it and told him i would go. This was around June 6th of 92 and it turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to me. We hit it off so good that night we started to see each other everyday when I would get out of school and she wasn't working. One small problem.... I knew I was leaving in a few months.. We fell deeply in love quickly. It just felt right. I discovered shortly after meeting her that her father was and instructor and the school I was attending and that her step father was the CO of another base so I was naturally starting to crap my pants and have second thoughts because what we were doing was an unwritten no no.....

Once again we said to hell with it. She lived on base with her dad and stepmom and the day finally came for me to meet them about 10 days later as they had been out of town. I walk in the door... Hear a "click" in front of me only to turn the corner to a 357 Magnum pointed at my head. you can just imagine what is going through my head. Her father only asked one question and much harsher language that I will type here. He asks me "Are you sleeping with my daughter?" To which I honestly replied and said yes. his reply was "Thank you for being honest. I don't have to shoot you now while laughing." We dated for another week or so and i told her that I didn't want to leave her and she was the one that suggested we get married. We talked about it and decided to go for it. I was 19 and she was 18 and believe it or not her dad and stepmom saw the same passion that we felt for one another and didn't have any issues with it. Her mom on the other hand wasn't too happy but she was in Norway and there wasn't much she could do but she really hated the fact that I was a Marine and only gave us 6 months before she would come running home.

We were married on July 31st 1992 in a small ceremony on base with a few family and friends in attendance. In September We left Millington, TN to start our lives together in NC and SC and haven't looked back. I love her to death and her dad and stepmom are two of my best friends and even me and her mother are now getting along, but it took us 17 years for that to happen. Sure we have had our ups and downs but who doesn't, but this year marked our 21st anniversary and we are still happy together I just wish I could collect on all the bets that only gave us 6 months to a year.

What a great love story!! Thank you so much for sharing this. I come from a home with divorced parents so stories like these give me hope that I too will get to enjoy a life time of happiness with my hunny

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I know, it's sad, isn't it? I precept pharmacy students and last Friday I asked them if they've ever heard of the rock groups Boston or Styx and they just looked at me blankly, shaking their heads "No". They were born in the late 80's! They didn't even know that the 1984 summer Olympics were held in LA!! :ohmy:
Never heard of Boston or Styx's!!! WHAT!!! :yikes:

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
YEAR-----1990, I am 27 been married 8 years. My oldest son on the bottom is Brandon he was 5, my youngest son on top with the mullet Dustin is 2, the young lady on the left is my cousin that I raised from age 14 to 20 and then there's my X, Lol.

Ladies don't be jealous of my hair!! :ROFL:

Girl, I had that hair too... and the bottles of Aqua Net to go w/it!!! LMAO!!! :ROFL:

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Todd I just LOVE your story... Thanks for sharing!!! :D

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I was inspired by @Marine91 posting his love story and felt the need to share my own..
It was 1982 and I had been living in the Phillipines with my dad, an alcoholic U.S. Navy chief boatswain's mate, since early adolescence. Hoping to put my life on a different path I signed up for the Navy’s Aviation Officer Candidates School to become a Navy pilot.
I was immediately “welcomed” by my Marine Gunnery Sgt. drill instructor Foley, an ornery old cus who made it clear the program is designed to eliminate any officer candidates who are not suitable. I hit it off with a fellow candidate named Sid. We met two local girls - factory workers - at a Navy-hosted dance and I began a romantic relationship with Paula. Sid started a relationship with Lynette.

My drill Instructor, Foley, rode me mercilessly, believing that I lacked motivation and I was not a team player. When my side business of selling pre-shined shoes and belt buckles was discovered, Foley hazed me for an entire weekend in an attempt to make me DOR ("Drop on Request", a term for requesting termination of one's training), but I refused to give in. He then told me that he will have me thrown out and I broke down telling him I had nowhere else to go and I want to fly Jets! It was then he let up on me.

Meanwhile, Lynette had been dropping hints to Sid that she may be pregnant. During a high-altitude simulation in a pressure chamber, Sid had a sudden anxiety attack. Realizing that he joined up out of a sense of obligation to his family, Sid resigned and left the base without saying goodbye, so me and Paula went out to look for him. It turned out Sid went to Lynette's house and proposed marriage to her. She turned him down, but not before confessing she wasn't pregnant. She wanted him to graduate in order to fulfill her dream of marrying a Navy pilot, and all but cursed him for dropping out. Sid, in his despair, went to a local motel and committed suicide. I was absolutely consumed with grief and broke up with Lynette believing she was just like the local town girls who would do anything just to marry a fighter pilot. I decided to resign from the Navy myself but Foley wouldn’t allow me to so close to graduation. I actually fought him in an unofficial martial arts bout with the platoon looking on. Although I dominated for most of the fight (mostly fueled by my anger at Foley, who I believed played a part in Sid's suicide by not stopping him from leaving), Foley managed to win and told me I can quit if I wanted to. I did show up for graduation, and was sworn into the Navy with my class. After graduating I was now an Ensign with orders to flight training. I relaized how much Paula loved me and I went in full uniform, marching through the factory where she worked to seek out Paula. My heart was filled with the most amazing feelings of love as I picked her up and walked out with her in my arms to the applause and cheers of her co-workers, including Lynette who was shouting “you go Paula!”. I could hear the music playing in my head: Love lift us up where we belong. Where the eagles Cry on a mountain high! Love lift us up where we belong! Far from the world we know up where the clear winds blow! factory.jpg
And that my friends is my love story. They should really make a movie about it.

Last edited:
OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] I thought you looked a bit like Richard Gere.... Lol

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I was inspired by @Marine91 posting his love story and felt the need to share my own..
It was 1982 and I had been living in the Phillipines with my dad, an alcoholic U.S. Navy chief boatswain's mate, since early adolescence. Hoping to put my life on a different path I signed up for the Navy’s Aviation Officer Candidates School to become a Navy pilot.
I was immediately “welcomed” by my Marine Gunnery Sgt. drill instructor Foley, an ornery old cus who made it clear the program is designed to eliminate any officer candidates who are not suitable. I hit it off with a fellow candidate named Sid. We met two local girls - factory workers - at a Navy-hosted dance and I began a romantic relationship with Paula. Sid started a relationship with Lynette.

My drill Instructor, Foley, rode me mercilessly, believing that I lacked motivation and I was not a team player. When my side business of selling pre-shined shoes and belt buckles was discovered, Foley hazed me for an entire weekend in an attempt to make me DOR ("Drop on Request", a term for requesting termination of one's training), but I refused to give in. He then told me that he will have me thrown out and I broke down telling him I had nowhere else to go and I want to fly Jets! It was then he let up on me.

Meanwhile, Lynette had been dropping hints to Sid that she may be pregnant. During a high-altitude simulation in a pressure chamber, Sid had a sudden anxiety attack. Realizing that he joined up out of a sense of obligation to his family, Sid resigned and left the base without saying goodbye, so me and Paula went out to look for him. It turned out Sid went to Lynette's house and proposed marriage to her. She turned him down, but not before confessing she wasn't pregnant. She wanted him to graduate in order to fulfill her dream of marrying a Navy pilot, and all but cursed him for dropping out. Sid, in his despair, went to a local motel and committed suicide. I was absolutely consumed with grief and broke up with Lynette believing she was just like the local town girls who would do anything just to marry a fighter pilot. I decided to resign from the Navy myself but Foley wouldn’t allow me to so close to graduation. I actually fought him in an unofficial martial arts bout with the platoon looking on. Although I dominated for most of the fight (mostly fueled by my anger at Foley, who I believed played a part in Sid's suicide by not stopping him from leaving), Foley managed to win and told me I can quit if I wanted to. I did show up for graduation, and was sworn into the Navy with my class. After graduating I was now an Ensign with orders to flight training. I relaized how much Paula loved me and I went in full uniform, marching through the factory where she worked to seek out Paula. My heart was filled with the most amazing feelings of love as I picked her up and walked out with her in my arms to the applause and cheers of her co-workers, including Lynette who was shouting “you go Paula!”. I could hear the music playing in my head: Love lift us up where we belong. Where the eagles Cry on a mountain high! Love lift us up where we belong! Far from the world we know up where the clear winds blow!View attachment 55690
And that my friends is my love story. They should really make a movie about it.

:ROFL:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION]....:bang:

The Truth..YOU can't handle the truth!

ohhhh wait....different movie..

​YOU.....my dear Chum...are neither an Officer or a Gentleman...:crazy:

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
We were and still are. Let me tell you a little story....In 1992 I was just out of bootcamp and combat training heading to my tech school in Millington, TN. I was there for a couple of months doing the whole bachelor thing because I had had a really rough breakup with my fiance at the time and wasn't looking for anything serious. I am about half way through my aviation school and one of my barracks mates tells me he has a date with this girl and she has a friend and they would like me to come along to keep her company. I was really leery at first because I had a big test coming up in the next few days and I didn't do so well on the previous one and would have been kicked out of school had I failed it. I said to hell with it and told him i would go. This was around June 6th of 92 and it turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to me. We hit it off so good that night we started to see each other everyday when I would get out of school and she wasn't working. One small problem.... I knew I was leaving in a few months.. We fell deeply in love quickly. It just felt right. I discovered shortly after meeting her that her father was and instructor and the school I was attending and that her step father was the CO of another base so I was naturally starting to crap my pants and have second thoughts because what we were doing was an unwritten no no.....Once again we said to hell with it. She lived on base with her dad and stepmom and the day finally came for me to meet them about 10 days later as they had been out of town. I walk in the door... Hear a "click" in front of me only to turn the corner to a 357 Magnum pointed at my head. you can just imagine what is going through my head. Her father only asked one question and much harsher language that I will type here. He asks me "Are you sleeping with my daughter?" To which I honestly replied and said yes. his reply was "Thank you for being honest. I don't have to shoot you now while laughing." We dated for another week or so and i told her that I didn't want to leave her and she was the one that suggested we get married. We talked about it and decided to go for it. I was 19 and she was 18 and believe it or not her dad and stepmom saw the same passion that we felt for one another and didn't have any issues with it. Her mom on the other hand wasn't too happy but she was in Norway and there wasn't much she could do but she really hated the fact that I was a Marine and only gave us 6 months before she would come running home.We were married on July 31st 1992 in a small ceremony on base with a few family and friends in attendance. In September We left Millington, TN to start our lives together in NC and SC and haven't looked back. I love her to death and her dad and stepmom are two of my best friends and even me and her mother are now getting along, but it took us 17 years for that to happen. Sure we have had our ups and downs but who doesn't, but this year marked our 21st anniversary and we are still happy together I just wish I could collect on all the bets that only gave us 6 months to a year.
Awesome Todd, Very good read, I enjoyed it thoroughly!!

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
This is me 10 years ago. My sister Karen on the left, My brother Kenny in the middle and me on the right. This is my most precious picture, I was 40 then and my brother was 32. He passed 1 year later from Cystic Fibrosis. We were all at mom's house for mother's day. He died one year later on mother's day. I miss him every day as we were very close. I know he is still with me and shows me signs all the time. :luv:
Awesome Picture......Sorry for your loss...... Dang, your were a hottie!!

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
I was inspired by @Marine91 posting his love story and felt the need to share my own..It was 1982 and I had been living in the Phillipines with my dad, an alcoholic U.S. Navy chief boatswain's mate, since early adolescence. Hoping to put my life on a different path I signed up for the Navy’s Aviation Officer Candidates School to become a Navy pilot.I was immediately “welcomed” by my Marine Gunnery Sgt. drill instructor Foley, an ornery old cus who made it clear the program is designed to eliminate any officer candidates who are not suitable. I hit it off with a fellow candidate named Sid. We met two local girls - factory workers - at a Navy-hosted dance and I began a romantic relationship with Paula. Sid started a relationship with Lynette. My drill Instructor, Foley, rode me mercilessly, believing that I lacked motivation and I was not a team player. When my side business of selling pre-shined shoes and belt buckles was discovered, Foley hazed me for an entire weekend in an attempt to make me DOR ("Drop on Request", a term for requesting termination of one's training), but I refused to give in. He then told me that he will have me thrown out and I broke down telling him I had nowhere else to go and I want to fly Jets! It was then he let up on me. Meanwhile, Lynette had been dropping hints to Sid that she may be pregnant. During a high-altitude simulation in a pressure chamber, Sid had a sudden anxiety attack. Realizing that he joined up out of a sense of obligation to his family, Sid resigned and left the base without saying goodbye, so me and Paula went out to look for him. It turned out Sid went to Lynette's house and proposed marriage to her. She turned him down, but not before confessing she wasn't pregnant. She wanted him to graduate in order to fulfill her dream of marrying a Navy pilot, and all but cursed him for dropping out. Sid, in his despair, went to a local motel and committed suicide. I was absolutely consumed with grief and broke up with Lynette believing she was just like the local town girls who would do anything just to marry a fighter pilot. I decided to resign from the Navy myself but Foley wouldn’t allow me to so close to graduation. I actually fought him in an unofficial martial arts bout with the platoon looking on. Although I dominated for most of the fight (mostly fueled by my anger at Foley, who I believed played a part in Sid's suicide by not stopping him from leaving), Foley managed to win and told me I can quit if I wanted to. I did show up for graduation, and was sworn into the Navy with my class. After graduating I was now an Ensign with orders to flight training. I relaized how much Paula loved me and I went in full uniform, marching through the factory where she worked to seek out Paula. My heart was filled with the most amazing feelings of love as I picked her up and walked out with her in my arms to the applause and cheers of her co-workers, including Lynette who was shouting “you go Paula!”. I could hear the music playing in my head: Love lift us up where we belong. Where the eagles Cry on a mountain high! Love lift us up where we belong! Far from the world we know up where the clear winds blow!View attachment 55696And that my friends is my love story. They should really make a movie about it.[/QUOTE [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] [MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION]Jim, that was one of the most admireable stories I've vere read about you, and back about 1982 starting my Senior year of High school, you were my Hero..... I wanted to grow up and be just like you. Man oh Man, The way you handled yourself in that story, Dang I was so proud of you, I think every Red Blooded American Man alive wanted to be exactly like you!! But then we have to Fassst Foreword into the early 90's, Back in my early days of my Law Enforcement Career, I remember that morning clear as Day, and will Never forget it as long as I live. I remember listening to the radio that morning, Classic Rock station, playing some great tunes, like Boston, Humble Pie, Styx, Lynard Skynnerd, you know really great music, and about the time I was listening to an Awesome song, this old woody station wagon passed by me while I was on patroll, You remember the old Woody's right?? This joker was traveling a 97 mph in a 55 mph zone, what was this clown thinking, that's what I was wondering anyway. Quite a long pursuit started to catch that old Woody, and after catching up to him, and getting him stopped, I approached the driver of that car, which had every window in the station wagon rolled down, I know this because a St. Bernard was in the back seat Barking at me as I approached it, I politely asked the driver to step out of his car, and around to the rear of said Woody, and he did, very respectfully, I noticed immediately, his face was this amazing Red color, and I asked him for his drivers license, and registration, (Insurance wasn't a requirement then) all the while, the gentleman saying, officer, officer, please let me explain, and as he was digging out his license and registration, he told me this story, of how he'd been on this long drive 8-10, and eating bean burrito's and Taco's and feeding some to his St. Bernard, and how his Saint Bernard developed Gas, as he put it "Massive Amounts of Gas" not having a vehicle with Air Conditioning, he opted to roll all his windows down and air the car out before he puked inside the car, thinking he was outrunning the foul odor of the Saint Bernard in the back seat, as his efforts were useless!! I took his story into careful consideration, as you knooow, I love pets, always have been a pet lover, and understanding, maybe he just made a bad decision, on a bad day, was at the wrong place at the wrong time, So I ask him to wait behind his car, as I walk back to my cruiser, now definitely over heating from the long pursuit, and I call his drivers license in, registration, the whole nine yards through NCIC, making sure his story checked out, and he didn't have a record of doing this all the time, ya know how that goes, check and verify, rather than be made a fool of!! As I'm waiting on my dispatcher to come back with his record, on the radio was this !! NEWS BREAK !! and this is what the radio news broadcaster put out all over the FM Radio.......Richard Gere and the gerbilThis Morning, Jim B. (Stage name Richard Gere) was admitted into the emergency room of a Los Angeles hospital with a foreign object lodged in his rectum. Some hospital staff say Jim was alone when he arrived, others say he was accompanied by a friend (pdolphin27). In any case, an x-ray was taken and it was determined that the foreign object was a gerbil (either alive or dead, depending on which staff member you talk to). Mr. Jim B. was rushed to surgery, where it took an entire team of doctors to extract the animal from his behind. Some of the team staff say the gerbil was found to have been shaven and declawed; others stated the animal had been placed in a special plastic pouch. Still others insist the poor creature was Jim B's own beloved pet (appropriately named "Tibet" in this variant). In any event, when the gerbilectomy was done the medical team was sworn to secrecy — unsuccessfully, we must conclude — and Jim B went on his merry way, suffering no permanent harm other than to his reputation.Now after this News Cast, that early morning in the early 90's, you can only imagine my fustration with Pet Owners, and their said pets..... Well, NCIC came back clean on the driver and his car, But in all of it's glory, Because of that breaking news story, He was cited for speeding, wreckless driving, and inhumane treatment to his pet. Now Jim, we've been friends for a while, but because of you my friend, That St. Bernards owner was cited for his actions, and i'm sure ultimately, next time, he will make a better decision, and stop his vehicle, and allow his pet to relieve himself of "Massive Gas". And going a step beyond, I'm sure that the St. Bernard probably didn't get any toys for the following month, as he was paying for his citation, knowing, He surely doesn't like you, and I'm really leary of the events that happened that morning, probably leaving my brain scared for life, thinking about that poor Gerbal, And since you brought yourself into the lime light of your screen personality, Would you be willing to eleborate on whether it was a Gerbal or a Hamster?????? Or is this going to be like another "iPad" and the "Kindle" story?????? Please feel free to coloberate your story with Phil before making any statements or asking any questions, and always remember, you have the right to remain Silent, which in this case deeply incriminates you both !! Yep...... My dreams of being just like you shattered that early morning....... But the silver lining to the dark cloud is, The Gerbal/Hamster was as relieved to be as free as the Saint Bernard. :) And to this day, Jim B (Richard Gere) still has not addressed the events of that early morning publicly.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Well I left in 1973 now I feel old

Me too, Julie...1973 was a good year!

The pic of you & Richard is just adorable, thanks for sharing it.

I've found a bunch of mine finally and will be putting them up.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.