Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 85 to 96 of 203

Thread: Throwback Thursday!

  1. #85
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: Throwback Thursday!

    Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    And you that are marveling at this influx of kids are just kids to me... LOL
    Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! Well put.

  2. #86
    ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    agingermom's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    4,257
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    558

    Default Re: Throwback Thursday!

    @Lucy-licious gotta love a ginger baby!!


    I'm a good girl, I promise

  3. #87
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Marine91's Avatar
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Blips and Chitz
    Posts
    8,480
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2586

    Default Re: Throwback Thursday!

    My contribution for the week. A few of my wedding pics from 1992.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img002-jpg   -img001-jpg  
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

  4. #88
    I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    KMARINO's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Bradenton Fl.
    Posts
    7,294
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)
    181

    Default Re: Throwback Thursday!

    YEAR-----1990, I am 27 been married 8 years. My oldest son on the bottom is Brandon he was 5, my youngest son on top with the mullet Dustin is 2, the young lady on the left is my cousin that I raised from age 14 to 20 and then there's my X, Lol.

    Ladies don't be jealous of my hair!!


  5. #89
    Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Slidell, Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    1,718
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)
    33

    Default Re: Throwback Thursday!

    -2765_1051613222974_4093633_n-jpg-2765_1051633423479_3890820_n-jpg

    Graduation 1983, Oh and I almost forgot my baby picture……

    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  2.8 KB

    Actually I was on the swim team!!

  6. #90
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Posts
    898
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Throwback Thursday!

    Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    My contribution for the week. A few of my wedding pics from 1992.
    Great pictures!! They are exactly what wedding pictures should be. You and your wife look so in love and just happy


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

  7. #91
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Marine91's Avatar
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Blips and Chitz
    Posts
    8,480
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2586

    Default Re: Throwback Thursday!

    Quote Originally Posted by TubbysMom View Post
    Great pictures!! They are exactly what wedding pictures should be. You and your wife look so in love and just happy


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

    We were and still are. Let me tell you a little story....

    In 1992 I was just out of bootcamp and combat training heading to my tech school in Millington, TN. I was there for a couple of months doing the whole bachelor thing because I had had a really rough breakup with my fiance at the time and wasn't looking for anything serious. I am about half way through my aviation school and one of my barracks mates tells me he has a date with this girl and she has a friend and they would like me to come along to keep her company. I was really leery at first because I had a big test coming up in the next few days and I didn't do so well on the previous one and would have been kicked out of school had I failed it. I said to hell with it and told him i would go. This was around June 6th of 92 and it turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to me. We hit it off so good that night we started to see each other everyday when I would get out of school and she wasn't working. One small problem.... I knew I was leaving in a few months.. We fell deeply in love quickly. It just felt right. I discovered shortly after meeting her that her father was and instructor and the school I was attending and that her step father was the CO of another base so I was naturally starting to crap my pants and have second thoughts because what we were doing was an unwritten no no.....

    Once again we said to hell with it. She lived on base with her dad and stepmom and the day finally came for me to meet them about 10 days later as they had been out of town. I walk in the door... Hear a "click" in front of me only to turn the corner to a 357 Magnum pointed at my head. you can just imagine what is going through my head. Her father only asked one question and much harsher language that I will type here. He asks me "Are you sleeping with my daughter?" To which I honestly replied and said yes. his reply was "Thank you for being honest. I don't have to shoot you now while laughing." We dated for another week or so and i told her that I didn't want to leave her and she was the one that suggested we get married. We talked about it and decided to go for it. I was 19 and she was 18 and believe it or not her dad and stepmom saw the same passion that we felt for one another and didn't have any issues with it. Her mom on the other hand wasn't too happy but she was in Norway and there wasn't much she could do but she really hated the fact that I was a Marine and only gave us 6 months before she would come running home.

    We were married on July 31st 1992 in a small ceremony on base with a few family and friends in attendance. In September We left Millington, TN to start our lives together in NC and SC and haven't looked back. I love her to death and her dad and stepmom are two of my best friends and even me and her mother are now getting along, but it took us 17 years for that to happen. Sure we have had our ups and downs but who doesn't, but this year marked our 21st anniversary and we are still happy together I just wish I could collect on all the bets that only gave us 6 months to a year.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

  8. #92
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Posts
    898
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Throwback Thursday!

    Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    We were and still are. Let me tell you a little story....

    In 1992 I was just out of bootcamp and combat training heading to my tech school in Millington, TN. I was there for a couple of months doing the whole bachelor thing because I had had a really rough breakup with my fiance at the time and wasn't looking for anything serious. I am about half way through my aviation school and one of my barracks mates tells me he has a date with this girl and she has a friend and they would like me to come along to keep her company. I was really leery at first because I had a big test coming up in the next few days and I didn't do so well on the previous one and would have been kicked out of school had I failed it. I said to hell with it and told him i would go. This was around June 6th of 92 and it turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to me. We hit it off so good that night we started to see each other everyday when I would get out of school and she wasn't working. One small problem.... I knew I was leaving in a few months.. We fell deeply in love quickly. It just felt right. I discovered shortly after meeting her that her father was and instructor and the school I was attending and that her step father was the CO of another base so I was naturally starting to crap my pants and have second thoughts because what we were doing was an unwritten no no.....

    Once again we said to hell with it. She lived on base with her dad and stepmom and the day finally came for me to meet them about 10 days later as they had been out of town. I walk in the door... Hear a "click" in front of me only to turn the corner to a 357 Magnum pointed at my head. you can just imagine what is going through my head. Her father only asked one question and much harsher language that I will type here. He asks me "Are you sleeping with my daughter?" To which I honestly replied and said yes. his reply was "Thank you for being honest. I don't have to shoot you now while laughing." We dated for another week or so and i told her that I didn't want to leave her and she was the one that suggested we get married. We talked about it and decided to go for it. I was 19 and she was 18 and believe it or not her dad and stepmom saw the same passion that we felt for one another and didn't have any issues with it. Her mom on the other hand wasn't too happy but she was in Norway and there wasn't much she could do but she really hated the fact that I was a Marine and only gave us 6 months before she would come running home.

    We were married on July 31st 1992 in a small ceremony on base with a few family and friends in attendance. In September We left Millington, TN to start our lives together in NC and SC and haven't looked back. I love her to death and her dad and stepmom are two of my best friends and even me and her mother are now getting along, but it took us 17 years for that to happen. Sure we have had our ups and downs but who doesn't, but this year marked our 21st anniversary and we are still happy together I just wish I could collect on all the bets that only gave us 6 months to a year.
    What a great love story!! Thank you so much for sharing this. I come from a home with divorced parents so stories like these give me hope that I too will get to enjoy a life time of happiness with my hunny

  9. #93
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,729
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5586

    Default Re: Throwback Thursday!

    Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    I know, it's sad, isn't it? I precept pharmacy students and last Friday I asked them if they've ever heard of the rock groups Boston or Styx and they just looked at me blankly, shaking their heads "No". They were born in the late 80's! They didn't even know that the 1984 summer Olympics were held in LA!!
    Never heard of Boston or Styx's!!! WHAT!!!

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  10. #94
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,729
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5586

    Default Re: Throwback Thursday!

    Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    YEAR-----1990, I am 27 been married 8 years. My oldest son on the bottom is Brandon he was 5, my youngest son on top with the mullet Dustin is 2, the young lady on the left is my cousin that I raised from age 14 to 20 and then there's my X, Lol.

    Ladies don't be jealous of my hair!!

    Girl, I had that hair too... and the bottles of Aqua Net to go w/it!!! LMAO!!!

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  11. #95
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,729
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5586

    Default Re: Throwback Thursday!

    Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    We were and still are. Let me tell you a little story....

    In 1992 I was just out of bootcamp and combat training heading to my tech school in Millington, TN. I was there for a couple of months doing the whole bachelor thing because I had had a really rough breakup with my fiance at the time and wasn't looking for anything serious. I am about half way through my aviation school and one of my barracks mates tells me he has a date with this girl and she has a friend and they would like me to come along to keep her company. I was really leery at first because I had a big test coming up in the next few days and I didn't do so well on the previous one and would have been kicked out of school had I failed it. I said to hell with it and told him i would go. This was around June 6th of 92 and it turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to me. We hit it off so good that night we started to see each other everyday when I would get out of school and she wasn't working. One small problem.... I knew I was leaving in a few months.. We fell deeply in love quickly. It just felt right. I discovered shortly after meeting her that her father was and instructor and the school I was attending and that her step father was the CO of another base so I was naturally starting to crap my pants and have second thoughts because what we were doing was an unwritten no no.....

    Once again we said to hell with it. She lived on base with her dad and stepmom and the day finally came for me to meet them about 10 days later as they had been out of town. I walk in the door... Hear a "click" in front of me only to turn the corner to a 357 Magnum pointed at my head. you can just imagine what is going through my head. Her father only asked one question and much harsher language that I will type here. He asks me "Are you sleeping with my daughter?" To which I honestly replied and said yes. his reply was "Thank you for being honest. I don't have to shoot you now while laughing." We dated for another week or so and i told her that I didn't want to leave her and she was the one that suggested we get married. We talked about it and decided to go for it. I was 19 and she was 18 and believe it or not her dad and stepmom saw the same passion that we felt for one another and didn't have any issues with it. Her mom on the other hand wasn't too happy but she was in Norway and there wasn't much she could do but she really hated the fact that I was a Marine and only gave us 6 months before she would come running home.

    We were married on July 31st 1992 in a small ceremony on base with a few family and friends in attendance. In September We left Millington, TN to start our lives together in NC and SC and haven't looked back. I love her to death and her dad and stepmom are two of my best friends and even me and her mother are now getting along, but it took us 17 years for that to happen. Sure we have had our ups and downs but who doesn't, but this year marked our 21st anniversary and we are still happy together I just wish I could collect on all the bets that only gave us 6 months to a year.
    Todd I just LOVE your story... Thanks for sharing!!!

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  12. #96
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Chumley's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Patchogue, NY
    Posts
    4,762
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)
    1211

    Default Re: Throwback Thursday!

    I was inspired by @Marine91 posting his love story and felt the need to share my own..
    It was 1982 and I had been living in the Phillipines with my dad, an alcoholic U.S. Navy chief boatswain's mate, since early adolescence. Hoping to put my life on a different path I signed up for the Navy’s Aviation Officer Candidates School to become a Navy pilot.
    I was immediately “welcomed” by my Marine Gunnery Sgt. drill instructor Foley, an ornery old cus who made it clear the program is designed to eliminate any officer candidates who are not suitable. I hit it off with a fellow candidate named Sid. We met two local girls - factory workers - at a Navy-hosted dance and I began a romantic relationship with Paula. Sid started a relationship with Lynette.

    My drill Instructor, Foley, rode me mercilessly, believing that I lacked motivation and I was not a team player. When my side business of selling pre-shined shoes and belt buckles was discovered, Foley hazed me for an entire weekend in an attempt to make me DOR ("Drop on Request", a term for requesting termination of one's training), but I refused to give in. He then told me that he will have me thrown out and I broke down telling him I had nowhere else to go and I want to fly Jets! It was then he let up on me.

    Meanwhile, Lynette had been dropping hints to Sid that she may be pregnant. During a high-altitude simulation in a pressure chamber, Sid had a sudden anxiety attack. Realizing that he joined up out of a sense of obligation to his family, Sid resigned and left the base without saying goodbye, so me and Paula went out to look for him. It turned out Sid went to Lynette's house and proposed marriage to her. She turned him down, but not before confessing she wasn't pregnant. She wanted him to graduate in order to fulfill her dream of marrying a Navy pilot, and all but cursed him for dropping out. Sid, in his despair, went to a local motel and committed suicide. I was absolutely consumed with grief and broke up with Lynette believing she was just like the local town girls who would do anything just to marry a fighter pilot. I decided to resign from the Navy myself but Foley wouldn’t allow me to so close to graduation. I actually fought him in an unofficial martial arts bout with the platoon looking on. Although I dominated for most of the fight (mostly fueled by my anger at Foley, who I believed played a part in Sid's suicide by not stopping him from leaving), Foley managed to win and told me I can quit if I wanted to. I did show up for graduation, and was sworn into the Navy with my class. After graduating I was now an Ensign with orders to flight training. I relaized how much Paula loved me and I went in full uniform, marching through the factory where she worked to seek out Paula. My heart was filled with the most amazing feelings of love as I picked her up and walked out with her in my arms to the applause and cheers of her co-workers, including Lynette who was shouting “you go Paula!”. I could hear the music playing in my head: Love lift us up where we belong. Where the eagles Cry on a mountain high! Love lift us up where we belong! Far from the world we know up where the clear winds blow!-factory-jpg
    And that my friends is my love story. They should really make a movie about it.
    Last edited by Chumley; 09-15-2013 at 07:03 PM.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •