The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
You have got to love the first day of school.. Traffic, school buses and idiots on the road. My daughter is starting her sophomore year of high school and just like the last 4 years they managed to totally mess up her class schedule. She doesn't have any of the AP classes she is supposed to be in and they stuck her in Latin instead of Spanish. She is not a happy camper and has already text me saying she is already bored in her classes because they are just screwing around and not hitting the books as she says. I wonder how long it is going to take them to fix it this time as it took almost a month last year.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I remember those days, it's been a long time, as my kids are 31 and 33. I guess we'll be starting all over again with our grandson, he is starting Grade one, but school doesn't start here in Canada until September 3rd, the day after Labour Day, which is a stat holiday here. Kindergarten has been all about play so far, so it's going to be a lot of changes for him next year. One is he only has been going to school for a half day in kindergarten, but will be going a whole day this year, so it will be a long day for him, and eating his lunch at school. Kindergarten has been all play, but now he will be learning to print, read, and it means he's a big boy now, he's growing so fast. Where does the time go. I look after him about 45 to 50 hours a week, so it's definitely going to be a change for me too. Whatever will I do with all my spare time now that he's at school all day? Lol

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:bang: I remember this too! But..our high school made sure everyone had class schedules the 10 days before school started. Then you had time to straighten out their mistakes...:)

Awwwww the good ol' days......;)

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
:bang: I remember this too! But..our high school made sure everyone had class schedules the 10 days before school started. Then you had time to straighten out their mistakes...:)

Awwwww the good ol' days......;)
What is funny is her school sent home her schedule for this year on teh last day of school for us to review and make changes if needed. Her's was perfect at that time so we submitted it with no changes and they still screwed it up.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
What is funny is her school sent home her schedule for this year on teh last day of school for us to review and make changes if needed. Her's was perfect at that time so we submitted it with no changes and they still screwed it up.

Sadly, it just takes one human and a computer to make a royal mess ...I hope it doesn't take long to get it fixed.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Good grief... That really stinks!!! The schools here in TN are horrible... Overcrowded, 3 to a seat on the bus, portables at brand new schools not to mention all the programs that they've cut. I put my daughter in private school this year. I'm over it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Mine don't start school until Sept 3rd. My last son is going into Junior High this year. One left in grade school and then goodbye innocence!!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Good grief... That really stinks!!! The schools here in TN are horrible... Overcrowded, 3 to a seat on the bus, portables at brand new schools not to mention all the programs that they've cut. I put my daughter in private school this year. I'm over it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
You sure we aren't neighbors? It is the exact same thing here. Last year her bus stop was so bad they had to have 2 buses because there were so many kids. Thankfully she was able to ride to school with her brother but this year we don't have that option so we are going to start driving her to school next week. Also, the school she attends was built to house 4,000 students and they are supposedly over 6,000 this year. When it opened in 2008 they already had portables out side and had started construction to expand the school even though they just finished building because they didn't properly study the growth of the area. What i find funny is that they can cut all kinds of programs and no one says a word but heaven forbid they remove or make students pay for the freaking on campus child care for teenage babies when the original intent of the on campus daycare was for teacher use.

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
You sure we aren't neighbors? It is the exact same thing here. Last year her bus stop was so bad they had to have 2 buses because there were so many kids. Thankfully she was able to ride to school with her brother but this year we don't have that option so we are going to start driving her to school next week. Also, the school she attends was built to house 4,000 students and they are supposedly over 6,000 this year. When it opened in 2008 they already had portables out side and had started construction to expand the school even though they just finished building because they didn't properly study the growth of the area. What i find funny is that they can cut all kinds of programs and no one says a word but heaven forbid they remove or make students pay for the freaking on campus child care for teenage babies when the original intent of the on campus daycare was for teacher use.
You have got to be KIDDING me?!! On campus daycare for free?!! Ok I can totally relate to this subject because my son has a child that is now almost 2 years old. We pulled him out of regular HS to go into a homeschool program to get his diploma so that he could work over 35 hrs a week. His girlfriend finished HS & as you know they both are attending college. You had best BELIEVE that they would of paid for daycare themselves... but they are extremely lucky that her Dad & I swap to babysit Marcus. We feel that it's in their best interest to finish college now while they can, and I understand that not everyone has that option. I just can't imagine people are OK w/the taxpayer paying for this... OMG!!! :eek:

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] I wish I were kidding. Many of the high schools also have sections for kindergarten students as well. I want every kid to have a chance at finishing their education but why should I and others pay when they chose to play and not protect themselves? that is the only real problem i have. Everyone makes mistakes and many who become teenage parents aren't always horrible people with bad backgrounds. Just honest peeps that screwed up but if they want to play in the big leagues then you need to contribute your fair share. Kind of like the person in front of you in line at a grocery store that has 2 transactions. The first one that pay for with food stamps and the second they pull out a wad of $100's and then load it up in a nice $90k luxury car and laugh at you because they are gaming the broken system.

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
Can't we all just stop having kids for one or two generations?? Can we put something in the water? Nobody sees what's going on? The population is exploding while the jobs are disappearing. Has anyone noticed that the post office is being phased out by email?; assembly lines don't have too many human hands on them any more?; and when's the last time you shook hands with your milkman? Im working at nyu college right now wich had a fantastic graduation % but there are no jobs waiting for these kids when they get out. Come on people. The center cannot hold. Society is crumbling. Lets just stop procreating for 15 to 20 years as you'll start seeing lanes open up on the highway before you know it.

Big Mike
President of the NKJB
(No kids-just bulldogs)

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@ddnene I wish I were kidding. Many of the high schools also have sections for kindergarten students as well. I want every kid to have a chance at finishing their education but why should I and others pay when they chose to play and not protect themselves? that is the only real problem i have. Everyone makes mistakes and many who become teenage parents aren't always horrible people with bad backgrounds. Just honest peeps that screwed up but if they want to play in the big leagues then you need to contribute your fair share. Kind of like the person in front of you in line at a grocery store that has 2 transactions. The first one that pay for with food stamps and the second they pull out a wad of $100's and then load it up in a nice $90k luxury car and laugh at you because they are gaming the broken system.
I totally agree Todd, it's getting out of control!!! And don't even get me started on these damn Teen Mom shows & other MTV crap that glorify this stuff!!! I don't expect anyone to cover the expenses incurred by my son, we are paying the price for that. I just want them both to get college degrees so hopefully they can get good jobs & be able to take care of themselves & Marcus w/out a government handout!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks is NOT happy with her class schedule either

:giggle:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.