ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Well, school starts again Monday. :( I've been prepping for class at 8am Monday morning--all day today. I have a 3-hour lecture Monday, followed by two days where I'll be talking for about 6 hours each. The bad thing is I am coming down with either a cold or bronchitis. :blah: I am praying :pray: that I'll have a voice for this coming week or it's going to be ugly--a real cluster.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:tissue:Oh, I hope you aren't getting sick, crossing fingers and toes that you are good to go when classes start. Start taking oil of oregano, drinking warm water with apple cider vinegar, squished lemon, and a bit of honey, take extra vitamin C, and get some extra sleep and maybe you'll be able to lick it. Sending prayers that you feel better soon.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Fingers crossed for you. I know my daughter is excited to go back. I don't know how she could be with the course load she has this year and she is only a sophomore in high school.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sending prayers that you will get thru this week... Hopefully you can rest today!!! ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hot tea, honey, plenty of rest, extra loving from Mabel!! You will be ready to kick some butt come tomorrow morning.... oh, and :hug; from me and my gang

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Summer colds suck!!! Hope it goes good Chris, fingers and paws crossed here for you.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Oh no!! Keeping everything crossed that it doesn't turn into a cold!!!!! :pray:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Oh Chris that's no good get a cold this time of year, fingers crossed you feel better for class on Monday

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Jan 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
It was rough--coughing jags in the middle and a tickle at one point that made it almost to possible to talk. I've got about 8 hours of teaching in the lab tomorrow. I am also dealing with a student who is a total a**hat. This is stressful. I hate the first day of class!! On a good note--Mabel "attacked" me tonight when I got home. What a great welcome!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh Chris...I join with everyone here, wishing your school year is great
(hopefully that a**hat will transfer out) and that your cold disappears
before taking hold.

And...Mabel LOVES her Mommy...WHY wouldn't she?!! GOD bless you, Hun!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Asshat, that is funny!! I have a nursing student coming next week to complete her psych rotation. NOT impressed so far with her communication as to when she is going to want to be with me. Just found out last week after the nurse that coordinates students emailed her. WTH!! I guess I will have an asshat as well!! Oh and get no extra pay for being a preceptor. Good luck!!

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Jan 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Pay for preceptorship is something that comes up all the time. Psych preceptors are so rare around here. Bless you for taking on a student. Part of my job is finding places for all students-- not an easy task with hospitals closing and consolidating and every school thinking it needs to start a nursing program. It's a nightmare.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.