enough loss

wvlady1965

Mar 28, 2013
West Virginia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
JDAM (deceased) and Legend and Harley
This really isn't about bulldogs, just needing to let out some sorrow, anger, and disbelief. Earlier this year, April 1, I lost my dad to cancer. Then 2 weeks ago I lost my beloved bulldog JDAM. The hardest of all, Friday the 16th, I lost my first and only grandson. He was born July 3rd and had been sent to a childrens hopital twice in 3 weeks. When that hospital finally admitted not knowing what was wrong sent to another hospital. By that time he had contracted a terrible infection called pseudomonas. It's not something he was born with but contracted it from unclean conditions in a hospital. The infection is so bad that adults have a hard time surviving it much less a baby. It started shutting down all his organs to the point we had to have the machines shut off because he had suffered severe brain damage from multiple strokes from his heart trying to work to hard. Lastly, his kidneys shut down and dialysis wouldn't take. We got news today of the autopsy results and what his original problem was he was not getting adequate blood flow to his colon so it was dying off slowly. He could have survived if caught the first hospital trip. We are laying him to rest tomorrow and with the help of God, my son and his gf will have the strength to get through it along with the rest of us. Levi is now my little angel in heaven and he will be missed but never ever forgotten. Please, if you are religious,,,say a prayer for my family. We have had enough loss in the past 4 months.:pray:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I am so very sorry. This is truly heartbreaking and hits very close to home, as I am a Grammie. I can feel your pain and the burdens you have suffered this year. It's hard not to be so full of rage at the total ineptness. My prayers are surrounding you and your family. Please know this.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:sorry:I am so incredibly sorry for all yours and your family's losses, I am crying and my heart aches for you as I am reading this. One loss is tragedy enough to deal with, but three losses is a lot for anyone to endure. I understand what it is to lose a child, as I lost my youngest child, a son 29 years ago at the age of 7 weeks. It's not something you ever get over, and there are no words anyone can say to make it better, easier, or make you less sad or angry, only time can heal, and everyone deals and mourns losses in their own way and in their own time. The heartache never totally goes away, but I can tell you as time goes by, the happy memories of the people and pets in our lives, will outnumber, the sad ones, and then every now and then when you are thinking, or when a memory comes into mind, or even your loved ones birthday or anniversary of their passing will bring it all flooding back, and you will shed those tears all over again, but those times will become fewer as well. I pray for your son and his girlfriend to be able to get through the day to lay their beautiful son to rest, and for you and your family to be able to do so as well, and to mourn and heal. I will pray for your family to be able to deal with this and to have the strength to get through each day ahead. I am sure your Dad is looking down on all of you from heaven, and he will take your little angel in his arms and keep him safe. Keep each other close and help each other through your grief. Sending love, hugs and prayers to you and your family, and especially your son and his girlfriend. There is no pain like the pain of losing a child, and as a grandmother, a grandchild is as close to you as your own child, so your grief is just as hard. Keeping you in our thoughts, hearts and prayers Hun, and please lean on us here on EBN for emotional support if needed, we are all here if you need to talk, sound off, or share anything you are feeling.
I also found that joining a bereavement group or a support group helped me talk to others who had lost a child, helped me to talk about my feelings and to deal with my pain and grief. You can do this later when you are ready, and only if you want to.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh my dear friend, I am so very sorry for all these losses, so close together.

Please accept my deepest condolences for you, your son and his girlfriend
and all of the family members as you mourn Levi's death. All death is difficult
to accept but the death of young ones is more tragic than all others. To deal
with the 'what ifs' of the hospital's doctors failure of finding the cause then
treat it must be tearing all of you apart...my tears are falling and my heart is
broken for your heartbreak, shock & anguish. Please know I will be lifting all
of you in prayer before GOD's merciful & compassionate knowing and ask HE
flood you, inside & out with love, peace and strength for these impossible days
ahead. I pray all of you can lean on & help each other get thru this terrible grief
and deep, deep suffering. Know that I and all of EBN are with you and hope you
feel you can come here and release the buildup of feelings when you become
overwhelmed...I certainly did in my time of need and EBN members lifted me up
so that I could forward another day when I did not think it possible.

Again, my sincerest sorrow that you & yours have lost your beloveds, all my prayers
& thoughts will be ongoing on your behalves. May you feel GOD's presence with you.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Prayers of comfort for you and your family. I'm sure you are all just devastated.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My thoughts are with you and your family.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So sorry for your incredible losses..prayers of comfort to help you deal with this grief

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm a grandmother as well, and my heart is absolutely breaking for you and your family!!! I can't even imagine how difficult this has been for you... there are no words that really suffice. Please know that I'm praying for you and your family, and we are here to support you in any way we can. God Bless... :pray:

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I can't begin to imagine the pain of losing little Levi after the other losses you have experienced. You will definitely be in my prayers.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
This is just heart breaking. My condolences to you & your family. On the bright side now you have your dad, JDAM, and Levi watching over you and having a ball playing together. Prayers and lots of love coming your way

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Im so sorry for your and your family loss -i will pray for your grandson ,i know that my words wont bring you any peace or comfort -but we all thinking of you and your family in this difficult time x

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
This really isn't about bulldogs, just needing to let out some sorrow, anger, and disbelief. Earlier this year, April 1, I lost my dad to cancer. Then 2 weeks ago I lost my beloved bulldog JDAM. The hardest of all, Friday the 16th, I lost my first and only grandson. He was born July 3rd and had been sent to a childrens hopital twice in 3 weeks. When that hospital finally admitted not knowing what was wrong sent to another hospital. By that time he had contracted a terrible infection called pseudomonas. It's not something he was born with but contracted it from unclean conditions in a hospital. The infection is so bad that adults have a hard time surviving it much less a baby. It started shutting down all his organs to the point we had to have the machines shut off because he had suffered severe brain damage from multiple strokes from his heart trying to work to hard. Lastly, his kidneys shut down and dialysis wouldn't take. We got news today of the autopsy results and what his original problem was he was not getting adequate blood flow to his colon so it was dying off slowly. He could have survived if caught the first hospital trip. We are laying him to rest tomorrow and with the help of God, my son and his gf will have the strength to get through it along with the rest of us. Levi is now my little angel in heaven and he will be missed but never ever forgotten. Please, if you are religious,,,say a prayer for my family. We have had enough loss in the past 4 months.:pray:

My sincerest prayers go out to you. I will light a candle for your dear Levi, JDAM and dad.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online