USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Roku anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by pikacho240 View Post
    netflix, amazon, hulu+, pandora, crackle, HBOgo, mlbtv to name a few

Hello Chris, welcome to EBN!

Concerning the above, do you have a fav & why?

I'm done w/Time Warner Cable and the expense for the very few shows I watch.

Thank you!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    @BruceP I ALWAYS open my gift early. carol, it seems pretty cool so far. I am excited to try the exercise channels and also the amazon. (Gives me an xcuse to be a prime member) lol just have to figure it out more. My friend says this is ow she watches all her tv shows now. Going o ave to ask details on her fav channels too.
    ​Jenn, how goes it so far? I've got to do something else, cable bill is killing me!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Real Name
    chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr. Bangoo
    Likes (Received)

Hi Carol:

A lot of the channels, I like for various different reasons. I like netflix for their movies/tv shows, and it has no commercials, but the selection of movies/tv shows on netflix are limited. It really varies from month to month, I'd have to say.

Overall, i like the interface better on the roku than say, AppleTV. The only thing Apple that i own in my household is an iphone. Other than that, my wife and I are pretty anti-apple.

There are certain streaming websites that have most cable TV shows up and running. Quality is not the best, but better than paying $30/month for HBO. If you'd like to know more, PM me, and ill be more than happy to point you towards the right direction.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Carol:

A lot of the channels, I like for various different reasons. I like netflix for their movies/tv shows, and it has no commercials, but the selection of movies/tv shows on netflix are limited. It really varies from month to month, I'd have to say.

Overall, i like the interface better on the roku than say, AppleTV. The only thing Apple that i own in my household is an iphone. Other than that, my wife and I are pretty anti-apple.

There are certain streaming websites that have most cable TV shows up and running. Quality is not the best, but better than paying $30/month for HBO. If you'd like to know more, PM me, and ill be more than happy to point you towards the right direction.
    Point me too!
    @Texas Carol I honestly have been so busy I haven't watched that much on there. I now time Warner has a channel that you can subscribe to but you have to have their cable (like you do now) to get the channel which I believe would give you basically your Cable on demand. We use verizon so I would LOVE to see a channel for them. For movies etc i think it will be fabulous but I haven't found a way to watch our regular shows so much. (We watch a LOT of shows that our TiVo records for us) as for kids shows it is awesome as well. I will report back once I use it more too.

Real Name
    chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr. Bangoo
    Likes (Received)

I venture into different sites, whether it being for movies, tv shows, or even pay per view sports, etc

TV shows:
    http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/
    http://www.watchseries.to/

Movies:
    http://www.zmovie.tv/

Sports/ESPN/MLB/NBA:
    http://firstrowus1.eu/

Hope this helps!

Real Name
    Nikki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)

I've had mine for years. Back before they even had an HD option! I love it, and check out new apps regularly but the most used is netflix for sure.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by Noyes27; 09-04-2013 at 09:30 PM.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Hi Carol:

Point me too!
    @Texas Carol I honestly have been so busy I haven't watched that much on there. I now time Warner has a channel that you can subscribe to but you have to have their cable (like you do now) to get the channel which I believe would give you basically your Cable on demand. We use verizon so I would LOVE to see a channel for them. For movies etc i think it will be fabulous but I haven't found a way to watch our regular shows so much. (We watch a LOT of shows that our TiVo records for us) as for kids shows it is awesome as well. I will report back once I use it more too.

Can you use this with Direct TV?
    I've never heard of it.....shocking..I know!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Speaking of Netflix, anyone watching or watched Hemlock Grove? We just started and its pretty out there. I must say it has one if the most realistic scenes I've ever seen of a _____ turning into a ______ that I've ever seen! Won't say because of spoilers!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Speaking of Netflix, anyone watching or watched Hemlock Grove? We just started and its pretty out there. I must say it has one if the most realistic scenes I've ever seen of a _____ turning into a ______ that I've ever seen! Won't say because of spoilers!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    yeah we watched the whole season in days, i really liked it! lots of twists. the mother is my fav.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

@JAKEISGREAT it works along side of your Cable/satellite service. Cnnects to wifi so runs separately straight to your tv.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

S I just got my bday gift, a new roku! I only heard of one cuz I have a friend who loves theirs. It is like an online channel thingy for tv. Well, probably not the best description... You can watch Netflix thru it, amazon movies, it has podcasts, music, exercise channels, Disney, all kinds of things.i am still learning what all it does. Anyone here use a roku and what r your favorite channels?
    I love Roku! It turns any TV into a smart TV...my favorite channels are Amazon, Netflix, Blockbuster and I just tried Redbox last night. Theyre adding so many channels now I try one or two new ones a night..most of them are a waste but there are also a lot of interesting ones on there! I am a Roku addict right now.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Never heard of this ... but I don't watch too much TV .....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads