reminder to live life to the fullest

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
We had a psychiatrist die yesterday of liver cancer with mets to the brain and bone. She was working just a month ago but showing signs something was wrong. All she did was work, work work. As she was dying she voiced she wished she had done more. She never married, dated, etc. So my reminder to you all is live today to its fullest, do things you always wanted but have put off til tomorrow. Me? I am going to Hempfest in Seattle, Wa where the cops are handing out Dorito bags with the marijuana laws printed on it. This will be some fabulous people watching for sure. And then a Seahawk game tonight

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Oh no! So sorry! I think we forget ow important it is to always take time to remember what is important in our lives. My 32-year-old son (single if anyone is looking) lost two best friends to suicide 10 years apart. I think Billy is one of the only people I know who truly knows and lives like this. It's so easy to get caught up in the small stuff. Thanks for the reminder.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
This is so true and great advice, life is way to short and you should do things you want to do even if its scary, hard or others don't approve. That's why when my job was becoming too stressful due to working short all the time, I first went down to a 3 day work week last year, but two weeks ago I actually left my job after 15 years and I feel so good about that decision. I am planning to just take the rest of the summer to de stress, and take care of some health problems, then go back to school for a career change. I'm looking forward to it and excited. It was a scary decision to leave my job and my comfort zone but once I took the leap I still feel nervous about not having a job, but if we are careful and budget, we can make due with hubby's income, and I can go back to school.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Life is too short. I used to be a workaholic but between that and my mom passing it took a massive panic attack after years of neglecting things and people around me to finally stop and smell the roses per se. You have to find the right balance between life and work or it will be gone before you know it. I just wish I would have figured it out years ago.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Life IS so brief and I know I get too caught up in the "small stuff" sometimes. Sadly, reminders like this psychiatrist, or interacting with my patients, causes me to remember what's truly important in life. Reminds me of one of my favorite songs, "These are the good old days", by Carly Simon. Not last week, not tomorrow...but right now and we got to make the best of it.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Such a sad story... Sometimes it takes a tragedy for the rest of us to WAKE UP & realize what's really important in life!!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
God bless everyone on EBN and those they care about. Even the potheads. :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
God bless everyone on EBN and those they care about. Even the potheads. :)

HAHAHA, I was in PetsMart at the checkout & some idiot looking at Cami's eyes (red from allergies)
said, Your dog's smoking pot...I replied, well, I wish I had some of what's she's smoking then~People!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
This happens so often I worked with a girl and she retired at 57 in May 2010 was going to do everything she wanted and hadn't had the time to do in August 2010 she was diagnosed with aggressive form of Leukaemia and in Dec 2010 she passed away. Yes we should all live our time now before it is too late. Have a fun time in Seattle :)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
HAHAHA, I was in PetsMart at the checkout & some idiot looking at Cami's eyes (red from allergies)
said, Your dog's smoking pot...I replied, well, I wish I had some of what's she's smoking then~People!

People are real dopes sometimes. GEEZ.

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
My Gunnyboy was the guy that opened my eyes to what life really is. I never loved before he taught me how. when I came home from Vietnam I was hard, had no feelings and hated life ! My poor family put up with alot. The day I found My Gunnyboy everything started to change in me. I started to feel love, something that he showed me how to do. He softened me and showed me life could be good if you just opened up to it and let people into your world. When I was really sick he stayed by my side for as long as I was in bed. Instead of just being a father and husband he taught me that I wasnt giving the love they needed from me, I didnt know how. he taught me about myself and made me a much better person to my family and the world in front of me. I cant ever thank his enough. He"s gone now and I miss him everyday of my life. The Lord works in ways that sometimes baffle us. He knew I despertly needed something to save me from a sad life and gave me my Gunnyboy. love from a bully saved me. I love you Gunnyboy.

OP
agingermom

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
First of all, Thank you for your service. I am so glad that he was able to remind you what is important in life by making you able to feel love again. I see veterans every day that experience that void of emotion, both unable to feel or give. It is not something I can medicate or reteach, it is a feeling that just is. This lack of emotion after being in combat, is part of what destroyed my first marriage. As well as, "you are either with me or against me" with no gray area. YOu probably kinda know me by now and I say what I mean and mean what I say, so me keeping my opinion to myself is not doable. Gunnyboy was a very special boy, indeed. Even though it sounds Like a Marine name, lol ( I am prior Navy)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online