I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Tom Fraley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarge and LuLu
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: reminder to live life to the fullest

My Gunnyboy was the guy that opened my eyes to what life really is. I never loved before he taught me how. when I came home from Vietnam I was hard, had no feelings and hated life ! My poor family put up with alot. The day I found My Gunnyboy everything started to change in me. I started to feel love, something that he showed me how to do. He softened me and showed me life could be good if you just opened up to it and let people into your world. When I was really sick he stayed by my side for as long as I was in bed. Instead of just being a father and husband he taught me that I wasnt giving the love they needed from me, I didnt know how. he taught me about myself and made me a much better person to my family and the world in front of me. I cant ever thank his enough. He"s gone now and I miss him everyday of my life. The Lord works in ways that sometimes baffle us. He knew I despertly needed something to save me from a sad life and gave me my Gunnyboy. love from a bully saved me. I love you Gunnyboy.

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

First of all, Thank you for your service. I am so glad that he was able to remind you what is important in life by making you able to feel love again. I see veterans every day that experience that void of emotion, both unable to feel or give. It is not something I can medicate or reteach, it is a feeling that just is. This lack of emotion after being in combat, is part of what destroyed my first marriage. As well as, "you are either with me or against me" with no gray area. YOu probably kinda know me by now and I say what I mean and mean what I say, so me keeping my opinion to myself is not doable. Gunnyboy was a very special boy, indeed. Even though it sounds Like a Marine name, lol ( I am prior Navy)

I'm a good girl, I promise

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gunnyboy View Post
    My Gunnyboy was the guy that opened my eyes to what life really is. I never loved before he taught me how. when I came home from Vietnam I was hard, had no feelings and hated life ! My poor family put up with alot. The day I found My Gunnyboy everything started to change in me. I started to feel love, something that he showed me how to do. He softened me and showed me life could be good if you just opened up to it and let people into your world. When I was really sick he stayed by my side for as long as I was in bed. Instead of just being a father and husband he taught me that I wasnt giving the love they needed from me, I didnt know how. he taught me about myself and made me a much better person to my family and the world in front of me. I cant ever thank his enough. He"s gone now and I miss him everyday of my life. The Lord works in ways that sometimes baffle us. He knew I despertly needed something to save me from a sad life and gave me my Gunnyboy. love from a bully saved me. I love you Gunnyboy.

Thank you for your service to America and for us, Tom.

I'm so very sorry for your suffering and that of your family & friends,
    helpless to help you.

My Army Dad was a helicopter medic and in Vietnam (Korea too) and he
    wasn't right after he came back. He became an alcoholic early in his career
    and was lifelong. Very violent & sadistic once drinking, he tortured Mom &
    us four kids. We all left home before legal age. We endured every kind of abuse.

War destroys everyone in every way, GOD help us to realize and stop wars unless
    protecting ourselves & America NOT for political or financial gain.

How wonderful a man you are to realize these things and make the choice to CHANGE.

GOD sent Gunnyboy and blesses you still...Amen to that, my dear friend!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads