Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Feeling nervous and bummed

-image-jpg-image-jpg-image-jpg-image-jpg-image-jpg-image-jpgHey everyone, I got a phone call last night from my landlord, and she says they want their house back, and we have to move by the end of November. I moved into this house 2 1/2 years ago, and the owner said that we weren't going to have to move for at least 5 years, so I knew eventually we would have to move out one day. When we moved in here the weeds in the gardens were all the way up past the windows, we pulled that all out and edged everything and made the gardens beautiful. I even have two tomato plants and a little herb garden on the side of the house. The house is perfect, in a great neighbourhood, close to everything, and even has a salt water pool. We only pay $1350 a month, so very affordable, nice neighbours, but most important , my landlord allowed my two bully babies. After my phone call last night, I spent over 2 hours on the Internet looking for house or townhouse rentals in Mississauga, Oakville, and Burlington areas. The rents are all higher than what I'm already paying, or they're dumps, and NObody seems to want pets. I'm feeling nervous, bummed, and worried that I won't be able to find a place that will take two dogs, and I really hate the fact that I will be having to move in the winter. I was really hoping to have at least until next year, as I just left my job, and was planning on going back to school in the fall, so it's not the best time to move right now. Just feeling blue and wanted to ask for you to please pray for us, that we find a place in time, and one that will accept pets.
    Last edited by Vikinggirl; 08-15-2013 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Added pics
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Feeling nervous and bummed

Monica, I'm so sorry... that really stinks. It looks like you really took care of the place... I know it's hard to find rentals that take dogs, it is here in the states too. I'm praying that you will find the perfect place SOON!!!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

That does stink to say the least! Maybe cause you've made the place so beautiful they want it back...keeping thumps up that you find something even better.

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

That sucks. I hope you are able to find a place soon. Thoughts and prayers heading your way.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RiiSi View Post
    That does stink to say the least! Maybe cause you've made the place so beautiful they want it back...keeping thumps up that you find something even better.

Those were my first thoughts too!!!!!

Isnt' there anything in the lease contract that says how much notice they have to give you to move out??? I mean, that's only 3 1/2 months notice to find somewhere, pack and arrange to move. Doesn't seem very long to me on what was considered to be a 5 year lease!!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Monica... so sorry this is happening. I will keep you in my prayers and send lots of positive thoughts your way
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

So sorry to be reading this. I know the last house we rented we had to pay $250 non refundable pet deposit. Plus our deposit, it really sucked since the whole house was tile, like what in the world could Vegas possibly do to damage the place??? .............He ate the baseboard in the dining room when he was a pup. LOL. .......... (we replaced it) Wishing you luck, and hopefully something better will come up.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Dang...I'm sorry Sweety. Try to think positive and I'm thinking something even better will come along. Like Kelly said, a lot of times, people who say No Pets ..can be swayed with a bigger deposit. And a letter from your current landlord will help too!
    Last edited by JAKEISGREAT; 08-15-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Mary
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bogey
    Likes (Received)

Although many places say " no pets" if you offer a pet deposit and talk your bullies up- " they are the BEST dogs "
    " housebroken" " never chew anything", you might find a sympathetic landlord. That's what happened for us in Ct last spring- we needed a short term rental but everyone advertised " no pets". I took the offensive and OFFERED the pet deposit and ALOT do assurances of my owner responsibility and a " meet up " session with the owner BEFOre we signed the lease. I also offered for them to check in anytime ( with notice). That gave them the message we were really responsible and it worked like a charm. They fell in love with Bogey!! Good luck! I am sure you will find something! So sorry you have to go thru this!
    "We never really own a dog as much as they own us!"

Doggie Boutique Owner FORDE'SMOM's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Forde
    Likes (Received)

Keeping you in my prayers .......has to be so disheartening.....please keep us posted on what happens !

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)

That is super to hear!!!! The building we live in now is "no pets" but like one of the members said just talk up your babies and I'm sure you'll be fine!
    Ps you could always come move down the Scarborough ways and Dozer, Blossom and Tubby can have lots of play dates
    Tubby has his paws crossed for you that you guys are able to find a new home quickly that will be accepting of your babies

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers, I'm hoping and praying that I can find a place in time. I hate moving, so stressful, and to top it all off, I was talking to mom about it, and she just doesn't understand, she doesn't think dogs or any animals or pets belong in the house, she believes they should be outside. We were never allowed pets when we were growing up, she says to me well I guess you have to get rid of your dogs, why don't you just give them away to somebody. That just totally ripped out my heart, as my babies are a part of my family, and that would never be an option. Even the thought of it is stressing me out and I wanna cry.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads