Speaking of Birthdays...

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Guinevere, Little Be
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION], I had a hard time with 35 for some reason too~ I turn 40 in April. I'm not really dreading it though. I'm actually excited, I'm not sure why?!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Well I will be 39 in a couple weeks or so. Age doesn't bother me but I am the youngest of 4 so I laugh at them for a while before I get there. Still feel like 25 in my head but my body doesn't as much. :lol: having a 2 and 4 year old, it will be a lifetime before I can celebrate my freedom again. Hahahahahahaha dang it!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Really thou we are only as old as we feel, and most day's I feel like I am still young but I do have to admit after about 50 you seem to get more crackly bones but if you don't just sit around and age and get out and do stuff and be active I believe you keep your mind young. Any way that's my way of thinking and I'm sticking to it :rofl::rofl::rofl:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Oh, you kids, you!! So...an 11year age difference, eh? robbing the cradle there, Grumpa?

You bet your sweet bippy!!!!! ;)

Growing OLD is mandatory; Growing UP is OPTIONAL (and I have the Tshirt to prove it)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
[MENTION=6418]Tkelley[/MENTION]... I think everyone seems comfortable @40, it's just hard to finally get there... LOL
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION]... My grandson will be 2 in Sept, and he honestly wears me OUT!!! I don't know how you can chase toddlers all day... WONDER WOMAN!!!
[MENTION=4573]Ftse 100[/MENTION]... I agree the secret is to get up & get moving!!! I try to stay active everyday, and by that I mean chasing Winston around all day long... LOL

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
@Tkelley... I think everyone seems comfortable @40, it's just hard to finally get there... LOL
@cali~jenn... My grandson will be 2 in Sept, and he honestly wears me OUT!!! I don't know how you can chase toddlers all day... WONDER WOMAN!!!
@Ftse 100... I agree the secret is to get up & get moving!!! I try to stay active everyday, and by that I mean chasing Winston around all day long... LOL

If I was smart I woulda had them years ago huh? Wanted to play and wait til I was 30, then it took 2 years to get pregnant. Lol didn't think of that in my big plan. :lol:

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
If I was smart I woulda had them years ago huh? Wanted to play and wait til I was 30, then it took 2 years to get pregnant. Lol didn't think of that in my big plan. :lol:

I was 26 when I had my son, and my daughter was born when I was 32. We had LOTS of issues having kids, and it's a shame... you wait until your ready & then your body betrays you. Go figure...

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I would be happy if it didn't take me an hour or more to get out of bed in the morning because my knees are locked up. I don't think I could handle it if we had another little one running around here. My sister in law just had a baby 4 months ago and i told them they were freaking nuts and they are only 43. lol

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I would be happy if it didn't take me an hour or more to get out of bed in the morning because my knees are locked up. I don't think I could handle it if we had another little one running around here. My sister in law just had a baby 4 months ago and i told them they were freaking nuts and they are only 43. lol

My knees are killing me too, but the glucosamine & chondroitin do help. So does working out, but it's really hard to get motivated to go to the gym lately... LMAO!!!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
My knees are killing me too, but the glucosamine & chondroitin do help. So does working out, but it's really hard to get motivated to go to the gym lately... LMAO!!!
Sadly neither of those help me as both of mine are bone on bone being that I have had over 25 surgeries on them since i was 16. They need to be replaced but the only doctor I would trust to do it recently retired so now I am back to square one as I want both done at the same time.

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadly neither of those help me as both of mine are bone on bone being that I have had over 25 surgeries on them since i was 16. They need to be replaced but the only doctor I would trust to do it recently retired so now I am back to square one as I want both done at the same time.

Ugh... so sorry!!! A friend of mine had a partial replacement & she is so glad she did it... It's a lot of recovery time though. I'm sure your Marine days didn't help in that dept either... LOL

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Ugh... so sorry!!! A friend of mine had a partial replacement & she is so glad she did it... It's a lot of recovery time though. I'm sure your Marine days didn't help in that dept either... LOL
Nope not at all. My knees are the reason I was discharged. I blew them out for like the 3rd time while I was in after hitting a pot hole I didn't see on a 3 mile run.

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nope not at all. My knees are the reason I was discharged. I blew them out for like the 3rd time while I was in after hitting a pot hole I didn't see on a 3 mile run.

Hmmm maybe they should pay for your surgery then?!! I'm not sure if I would want military docs replacing my knees... just saying! LOL

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.