American Bulldogs and Pets Mart Pet hotel

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
Hi All,

I was wondering if you anyone had the same experince as I did.

This last weekend we had to board Ike and Doc. Doc is our new addition from the shelter, he is half english and half american. because he has american bulldog he would not be able to interact with other dogs on walk or playtime.

Is this normal?

thanks for your input...

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi All,

This last weekend we had to board Ike and Doc. Doc is our new addition from the shelter, he is half english and half american. because he has american bulldog he would not be able to interact with other dogs on walk or playtime.

Is this normal?

thanks for your input...

Good to see you!! are you saying Petsmart wouldn't allow him because he's an American Bull???

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Normal, yes.... acceptable NO! Petsmart has a restriction on Bully breeds... I believe they do not allow Pitbulls at the facilities at all.

OP
whitebronc

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
Good to see you!! are you saying Petsmart wouldn't allow him because he's an American Bull???

Correct, now they did play with him and walk him by himself, and he was allowed to play with Ike, but not with other dogs. I guess I will not be able to take Doc, to the daycare there I assume since they wont let him play with other dogs..

OP
whitebronc

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
I found it on thier website... I guess I must have missed it before.
"Dogs in the "bully breed" classification (e.g. American Pit Bull Terriers, Miniature Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, American Bull Dogs, Bull Terriers or mixed breeds that have the appearance or characteristics of one of these breeds). For the safety of all animals and associates, and at the discretion of PetSmart, some pets may not be permitted."

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
"Dogs in the "bully breed" classification (e.g. American Pit Bull Terriers, Miniature Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, American Bull Dogs, Bull Terriers or mixed breeds that have the appearance or characteristics of one of these breeds). For the safety of all animals and associates, and at the discretion of PetSmart, some pets may not be permitted."

It is a load of crap.... freakin' chihuahua's can be worse

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It is a load of crap.... freakin' chihuahua's can be worse

I completely agree what a LOAD!!! I would love to walk in with an alligator one day just to peruse the aisles and see what they do. That's BS!!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I completely agree what a LOAD!!! I would love to walk in with an alligator one day just to peruse the aisles and see what they do. That's BS!!!!

Bet we could talk @Casper into lassoing one of those bad boys and dragging it
thru their aisles...Yippee Kio Kia! "Gater Throw Down in Aisle 3!!"
:wtf2:

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel

What is stupid about this(aside from the obvious) is that most people don't know how many dogs are "bully breeds." So they won't allow boxers? Bullmastiffs? Frenchies? BS. I agree with [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]! I'm more uncomfortable around those little ankle biters!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hi All,

Is this normal?

thanks for your input...

A good friend of mine owns an American bulldog & she has had the same issues w/boarding, dog parks, you name it... You should also google where you live. Some towns are requiring special insurance if you own one!!! Not sure how they enforce this...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
is just for there boarding, i've seen oodles of pit bulls, inside petsmart shopping with the owners!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
is just for there boarding, i've seen oodles of pit bulls, inside petsmart shopping with the owners!

yes, it is boarding and day care

📰 Latest posts

Members online