ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ok so I spent all day yesterday registering my son for college classes... COLLEGE!!! Yeah he graduated from HS this summer, but it honestly didn't hit me until yesterday. He's an adult now... seems like yesterday we were going to Kindergarten Orientation... SIGH!!! :moping:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
It's funny how that happens. Time goes by so fast, my kids are now 31 ans 33, and I have a 6 year old grandson and hes starting grade 1 in September. I can't beleive where the time has gone.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yes time does fly. Due to recent events we are scrambling to get our son registered for College as well. To me it is worse than trying to buy a house with all the paper work you have to do.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fly's faster the older we get it seems too.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Awe, how sweet! I'm sure it was like a flash back to Kindergarten, without the screaming, crying, and pleading for you not to leave. ;-)

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Well, as a professor at a university, it's good you are acknowledging your child is now an adult...because I can't tell you how many freshman have parents that try to intervene on their behalf when things don't go "right" in a class. A federal act (FERPA) actually forbids us from even acknowledging a student is in our class to anyone, even their parents. Under FERPA, no matter the age, the student is an adult with privacy rights.

That said, the longer I teach, the younger the freshman look! Babies! :)

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
We are going through the exact same thing.......our youngest daughter moves into her dorm in 2-1/2 weeks and since she skipped a grade, it is coming way too soon!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Yes time does fly. Due to recent events we are scrambling to get our son registered for College as well. To me it is worse than trying to buy a house with all the paper work you have to do.
My son was pretty late on getting his scholarship forms turned in, and he also got the LAST freshman orientation. I sat thru an 8 hour orientation yesterday, and we still have to confirm his classes... Needless to say I'm worn out!!! LOL

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, as a professor at a university, it's good you are acknowledging your child is now an adult...because I can't tell you how many freshman have parents that try to intervene on their behalf when things don't go "right" in a class. A federal act (FERPA) actually forbids us from even acknowledging a student is in our class to anyone, even their parents. Under FERPA, no matter the age, the student is an adult with privacy rights.

That said, the longer I teach, the younger the freshman look! Babies! :)
I'm trying very hard to step back... he has been late on scholarship forms, freshman orientation, etc... and I've kept my cool. I warned him that since we are paying for some of his tuition he'd BETTER allow us to see his grades, or I won't allow him to use my money anymore. He can get his OWN loan... LOL :bitching: I agree they DO look like babies!!!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
My son was pretty late on getting his scholarship forms turned in, and he also got the LAST freshman orientation. I sat thru an 8 hour orientation yesterday, and we still have to confirm his classes... Needless to say I'm worn out!!! LOL

We have absolutely no scholarships or even submissions as college wasn't in his plans until a year in to his Navy contract, but that is gone now. So we are at ground zero for this term at a minimum scrambling for everything we can.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Have your son fill out the FARSA anyway... I just found out today that if he qualifies you would get a reimbursement for any tuition that you have already paid. Plus he can always apply for scholarships for the next year... Good Luck & I hope that everything works out for him :D

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We are going through the exact same thing.......our youngest daughter moves into her dorm in 2-1/2 weeks and since she skipped a grade, it is coming way too soon!
WOW that's awesome Congratulations!!! My hubby is going to have a heart attack when our daughter leaves for college, lucky for him she's only 12!!! LOL

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
WOW that's awesome Congratulations!!! My hubby is going to have a heart attack when our daughter leaves for college, lucky for him she's only 12!!! LOL

This child leaving is going to be the worst, because she is the baby :cry: We are super proud of her accomplishments, but it will still be tough!

📰 Latest posts

Members online